F-16 versus X - Ace Combat 6 might be a good way to find out

Falcon 4 and other PC based simulators, homebuilt simulators, Unit Training Devices and Weapons System Trainers
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by PanAm » 01 Dec 2009, 05:24

callsignthumper wrote:When the next installment of ace combat does come out, hopefully it will even be more, and i hope they do take some of the cheesy japanese crap out of it, but ill still play it. I do however question, why you make fun of a person, for playing a game, just because you prob played it, got owned a few times, and got mad, and quit. Then said to yourselve's " this isnt real, they suck im better than they are", but in all fairness, i understand that alot of you guys on here are pri-madonas, and priss's, and thats cool, its your right, and again i appreciate your impute, and answers to my questions, and the time you take to read, and respond. If you must know why i call most of the guys on here pri-madonas, is simple, you think you, and your idea's, and opinions are better than others. Dont hate the messenger. :thanks:

I don't want to sound like a hard a$$ but not all of us think our opinions are better than others. You really left yourself open on this topic so I'm afraid I'm going to have to poke you a bit :wink: I guess your posts in the past about Super Hornets being inferior to Tomcats were based on teen video games perhaps and reading a few articles online about some people who "claim" to know their stuff and then talking about it as if you were a pro. Why don't we all just jump on the I love the Tomcat cause Hollywood made a unrealistic movie comparable to Namco games popular, band wagon :P
PAnam

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by Raptor_DCTR » 01 Dec 2009, 06:30

This thread is comical at best

by Code3 » 01 Dec 2009, 12:20

Dudes, don't encourage him...

Callsignthumper = Troll

Best definition for troll I've seen to date:
"On the internet, there are people called "Trolls" -- not because they look like monsters -- but because they troll around different message boards, throwing out little baited hooks hoping to get a bite from some eager fish. And like any fisherman, the Trolls won't stay very long if no one bites."

by Unwin » 02 Dec 2009, 12:15

silversmok3 wrote:Wait, so my Battlefield Vietnam dogfights with F-4s versus MIGs aren't accurate?

Seriously,ace combat is a fun game, but has about as much to do with actual dogfighting as Gran Turismo 4 has with competitive auto racing.I imagine Namco wouldn't sell many copies of Ace Combat if you had to spend 6 months in school learning E-M theory and fuel management to play it!

Easy now GT is a racing "simulation" Kinda like F4AF is to the F-16 I think Need for Speed would be a better analogy. I think we can all agree as far as off the shelf sims Falcon 4.0 is about a accurate as it gets.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by callsignthumper » 02 Dec 2009, 22:45

lol Wow i like your troll analagy, but in regards to pan-am, this topic had ZERO to do with f-14 versus a f/a-18, but for whatever reason your still steamed about it fine. THE SUPERTOMCAT OWNS ANY, AND WILL OWN ANY F/A-18's ever. Not because top gun either you pridefull hornet lover! Its purely logic. :nono:

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by callsignthumper » 02 Dec 2009, 22:46

In regard, talk all the smack you want, i let my flying do the talkin for me, so please you got an x-box, you got AC6. Come on ill gladly be laughing at you, and givening you some pointers, when im shooting you down.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by PanAm » 02 Dec 2009, 22:50

callsignthumper wrote:lol Wow i like your troll analagy, but in regards to pan-am, this topic had ZERO to do with f-14 versus a f/a-18, but for whatever reason your still steamed about it fine. THE SUPERTOMCAT OWNS ANY, AND WILL OWN ANY F/A-18's ever. Not because top gun either you pridefull hornet lover! Its purely logic. :nono:

My remark was made only because you left yourself vulnerable and at most it was just for jokes. Notice the winky smilies I placed were there so that everyone would know I'm fooling around. I do have a 360 by the way but unfortunately I don't have Ace Combat 6, but if I ever do get one you're on buddy. You can fly the Tomcat and I'll fly the Super Hornet :wink: . Ace Combat 5 was pretty good though I must say. And don't get me wrong Thumper, I love the Tomcat but if anyone bashes the Super Hornet I'll be there to defend it.
PAnam

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by callsignthumper » 02 Dec 2009, 23:13

Sweet, well its fun, not as realistic, as 4.0 but fun to fly with multiple people, and planes, with diff weapons online. You can get it for 26 bucks at any game shop, you should give me your xbox live id,and ill hook you up, when, and if you get it.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by callsignthumper » 02 Dec 2009, 23:17

Also, if you find yourself enjoying the game, then if, and when anyone on here would, i am the leader of a squadren for AC6, and we participate in online tournaments, some worth money, and xbox live points. Still a work in progress, but link is www.1308tacticalsquad.webs.com WE just started it, and only have a couple of members, but we are known as 1308 Heavens Strikeforce.

by hosey84 » 05 Dec 2009, 20:46

Calling Ace Combat a "flight simulation" is like calling StarFox a "space shuttle simulator". Ace combat is not realistic in the least and it's not suppose to be because it is a console video game made for amusement of children. There is absolutely nothing realistic about it except the 3D models. Video games featuring airplanes are not flight simulations. They are not comparable.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by callsignthumper » 06 Dec 2009, 03:03

Well it features realistic gravity. Realistic thrust. Its not as realistic as falcon 4.0, but its more than what you described. You dont have to like the game, but every flight sim is a game, that use's a computer. Why call any flight sim, a flight sim, just call them all games. Your whole point is flaud Hosey, no fighter pilot talks about how many kills he has in his flight simulator. :slap: Come on now.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by Raptor_DCTR » 06 Dec 2009, 05:26

I guess that's why they use them to train air force pilots....the REAL sims the air force uses are as real as it gets, i've flown them.....AC6 pails in comparison (to say the least) :lmao:

by vrv » 06 Dec 2009, 07:55

callsignthumper wrote:Well it features realistic gravity. Realistic thrust. Its not as realistic as falcon 4.0, but its more than what you described. You dont have to like the game, but every flight sim is a game, that use's a computer. Why call any flight sim, a flight sim, just call them all games. Your whole point is flaud Hosey, no fighter pilot talks about how many kills he has in his flight simulator. :slap: Come on now.

:roll: I am guess you are like what? 12? I am guessing that the original intention of this thread was to say that Ace Combat is a great way to tell which aircraft would win in a ACM engagement. For instance lets take the United States Air National Guard.

They contracted Eagle Dynamics to make a A-10C DCS series for a simulator. Why didn't they choose Ace Combat or HAWX? Because those are for kids or people who are generally too lazy to invest the amount of time, money and patience to actually learn a SIMULATOR. If AC6 or whatever is a simulator then I am the twin brother of Robbie Keane.

by flighthawk » 06 Dec 2009, 13:10

The original intention of this thread was to wind up a lot of people on here and get some more people playing his online arcade game in an F-16 that flys like a UFO - for crying out loud let it die.

by vrv » 07 Dec 2009, 22:23

They see him trollin and hatin...

PreviousNext