First F-35 multi-flight day - Flight #14 and #15

Discuss photos, special paintschemes and serial numbers of the F-35
Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by habu2 » 09 May 2007, 16:12

Draykov wrote:Okay, I've got a stupid question...does anybody have information about what the test flight schedule looks like, or is it safe to assume that LM and Uncle Sam want to keep that kind of thing relativley quiet?

Here are three reasons the schedule is not made public.

1: The test environment is very dynamic. There is a definite order and sequence, but the flight only takes place when everything is ready. To say "We will fly at 10 am on Tuesday the 12th" is not the way things work. Besides, if they published a schedule and then didn't fly at that time, everyone hanging out at the circle would just b!tch and moan.

2: There is not a funding line item for publishing the flight test schedule. If you would like to hire someone and pay them to do it, and pay LM and the US Government to supply them with that information, feel free.

3: Don't take this personally, but It's none of your g** d*** business.

Relative to #3, let me just vent here for a minute. LM monitors this forum, that's no secret. Because of certain photos posted and certain *highly speculative* comments made on this site (and over on fencecheck) about the status of AA-1, LM employees have been "advised" (some say directed/ordered) to STFU, even among themselves, about the status of the aircraft. Not because something is wrong or broken on the jet, but because of #3. People don't realize the harm they can do by posting speculation as fact in a public forum just because they think they know what they saw or what someone may have told them, verified or not.

Do I sound a little paranoid? No, I'm just pissed. If these speculations continue to be posted I guaran-damn-tee you that the White Settlement circle will be closed and we will lose the best plane-watching spot around the LM plant. So keep it up, and you won't be seeing (or taking) those great pictures any more.
Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by mcashe » 09 May 2007, 20:51

idesof wrote:
Draykov wrote:Okay, I've got a stupid question...does anybody have information about what the test flight schedule looks like, or is it safe to assume that LM and Uncle Sam want to keep that kind of thing relativley quiet?

The supposedly Most Reliable Plane of All Time is broken right now, so who knows when flying may restart. LM and Uncle Sam of course don't want to commit to a schedule, precisely because the thing may turn out to be a lemon and they don't want egg on their face.

WOW idesof!!!!! You know at first I thought you just had issues with the aesthetics of the Lightning II but now the truth comes out. You really have an axe to grind against the Most Reliable Plane of All Time. You're all wound up about something you can't do anything about. The F-35 is here to stay. Let it rest buddy.

by Draykov » 09 May 2007, 22:32

habu2 wrote:
Draykov wrote:3: Don't take this personally, but It's none of your g** d*** business.

Relative to #3, let me just vent here for a minute. LM monitors this forum, that's no secret. Because of certain photos posted and certain *highly speculative* comments made on this site (and over on fencecheck) about the status of AA-1, LM employees have been "advised" (some say directed/ordered) to STFU, even among themselves, about the status of the aircraft. Not because something is wrong or broken on the jet, but because of #3. People don't realize the harm they can do by posting speculation as fact in a public forum just because they think they know what they saw or what someone may have told them, verified or not.

Do I sound a little paranoid? No, I'm just pissed. If these speculations continue to be posted I guaran-damn-tee you that the White Settlement circle will be closed and we will lose the best plane-watching spot around the LM plant. So keep it up, and you won't be seeing (or taking) those great pictures any more.

Well, as you're quoting me, I'm inclined to take it a litte personally, since I'm not the one who offered up conjecture about the plane's status. I was just wondering how Keith kept managing to score all those shots and I can't even get a whiff of F-35. ;)

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by habu2 » 09 May 2007, 22:38

Draykov, it's none of your business, it's none of my business, it's none of Keith's business, and it has no business being posted in a public forum. Sorry if you take that personally, it wasn't directed specifically at you (or anyone else) but it is applicable to all of us.
Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation

by Draykov » 09 May 2007, 22:50

habu2 wrote:Draykov, it's none of your business, it's none of my business, it's none of Keith's business, and it has no business being posted in a public forum. Sorry if you take that personally, it wasn't directed specifically at you (or anyone else) but it is applicable to all of us.

No biggy. I understand the reasoning behind your take on it, and I certainly don't begrudge you that. I wouldn't want to do anything to jeapordize what opportunities we have to check out the activity at the base. I was mainly just curious how everyone who seemed to have info was getting it. If it was public knowledge, I certainly wanted to be in the loop, but my intent was not to encourage anyone to violate the privacy of LM, etc.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by KeithTCU82 » 09 May 2007, 23:56

Okay. . .I'm beginning to wish I had not posted the photos at all. Had I known the can of worms it would open here I would not have. I don't think any aircraft has ever been created where there were not hick-ups here and there. I expect to see it flying again soon.

by Draykov » 10 May 2007, 00:25

KeithTCU82 wrote:Okay. . .I'm beginning to wish I had not posted the photos at all. Had I known the can of worms it would open here I would not have. I don't think any aircraft has ever been created where there were not hick-ups here and there. I expect to see it flying again soon.

Sorry for any part I played in throwing you under the bus, buddy. ;)

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by KeithTCU82 » 10 May 2007, 00:30

Ohh. . . no big deal Draykov. . .these sort of things kinda snowball sometimes. I wish I had just posted the photos with no caption. But then speculation would still have spread like a California wildfire.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by VPRGUY » 10 May 2007, 02:43

speculation would still have spread like a California wildfire.

And in other news around Ft Worth today, the United States Air Forces' newest aircraft, the F-35 "Lightning II", suffered a serious blow to its test and development program when the aircraft suffered an unknown electrical brake and flight control malfunction.

Unconfirmed sources, cited on www.f-16.net, report that the aircraft suffered a catastrophic full systems failure while attempting to cross the International Date Line, when an unidentified flying object approached too close to the aircraft. Witnesses claim to have seen crop circles and small "green men", in addition to a large number of unmarked, jet-black helicopters, suddenly appearing around the Lockheed Martin plant in Ft. Worth at the approximate time of the incident. Unsubstantiated claims are that one of the little green men was attempting to attain a copy of the F-35's flight test schedule.

On the F-35's return to the airport, reports are that the flight controls where noted in an unusually asymmetric condition, rendering the aircraft nearly totally uncontrollable. Other reports indicated this is a normal condition for this aircraft, and is most likely part of the F-35's enhanced stealth capabilities.

Fire trucks and Emergency response vehicles were seen surrounding the F-35 after its landing, indicating a significant brake problem may have been experienced. Experts contend this may have been caused from the aircrafts close encounter with the unidentified flying object, and in no way reflects poorly on the reliability or capabilities of the Lightning II.

Full and complete disclosure of all of the facts of this incident are expected to be released to CNN, Fox News, Reuters, BBC, the Associated Press, MSNBC, Al-Jazeera, HAMAS, MOSSAD, MI-5, and the Boy Scouts.
Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by KeithTCU82 » 10 May 2007, 03:04

VPRGUY wrote:
speculation would still have spread like a California wildfire.

And in other news around Ft Worth today, the United States Air Forces' newest aircraft, the F-35 "Lightning II", suffered a serious blow to its test and development program when the aircraft suffered an unknown electrical brake and flight control malfunction.

Unconfirmed sources, cited on www.f-16.net, report that the aircraft suffered a catastrophic full systems failure while attempting to cross the International Date Line, when an unidentified flying object approached too close to the aircraft. Witnesses claim to have seen crop circles and small "green men", in addition to a large number of unmarked, jet-black helicopters, suddenly appearing around the Lockheed Martin plant in Ft. Worth at the approximate time of the incident. Unsubstantiated claims are that one of the little green men was attempting to attain a copy of the F-35's flight test schedule.

On the F-35's return to the airport, reports are that the flight controls where noted in an unusually asymmetric condition, rendering the aircraft nearly totally uncontrollable. Other reports indicated this is a normal condition for this aircraft, and is most likely part of the F-35's enhanced stealth capabilities.

Fire trucks and Emergency response vehicles were seen surrounding the F-35 after its landing, indicating a significant brake problem may have been experienced. Experts contend this may have been caused from the aircrafts close encounter with the unidentified flying object, and in no way reflects poorly on the reliability or capabilities of the Lightning II.

Full and complete disclosure of all of the facts of this incident are expected to be released to CNN, Fox News, Reuters, BBC, the Associated Press, MSNBC, Al-Jazeera, HAMAS, MOSSAD, MI-5, and the Boy Scouts.

Now that's funny! VPRGUY you have a future in PR and writing press releases.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by VPRGUY » 10 May 2007, 03:26

Why thank you! I may just be a little self centered, but there are a few things that make me laugh to myself- the little green men wanting the schedule does it for me :)
Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

by Draykov » 10 May 2007, 04:38

:mrgreen:

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by parrothead » 10 May 2007, 07:31

ROFLMAO :lmao: !!!

That's gotta be worthy of at least the National Enquirer :lol: !!!
No plane on Sunday, maybe be one come Monday...
www.parrotheadjeff.com

Previous