The Turkey problem

Program progress, politics, orders, and speculation
Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by madrat » 16 Jan 2018, 07:18

Let's not squabble over four crusades by Christians or 700+ Muslim invasions of Europe.

The thread is about behavior by Turkey's civil leaders today.

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by steve2267 » 16 Jan 2018, 07:34

airforces_freak wrote:
Can you please tell me when an Islamic Republic invaded the US? Whereas the US has been in the Middle East for the past 100 years.

9/11/2001
Take an F-16, stir in A-7, dollop of F-117, gob of F-22, dash of F/A-18, sprinkle with AV-8B, stir well + bake. Whaddya get? F-35.

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by steve2267 » 16 Jan 2018, 07:37

airforces_freak wrote:A good read
Turkey Wants to Link Its F-35 Computer Brains to Networks That Will Include Russian Systems
Turkish and American authorities are both worried about military secrets leaking out, but for very different reasons.
BY JOSEPH TREVITHICKJANUARY 15, 2018
http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/17 ... an-systems

... <snip> ...

Saw the article the other day. Rogoway has done so much damage to the brand of www.thedrive.com that I have really no idea if that article is any good or not. And frankly, because of him, I do not really care to spend the time to read it and decide for myself if the article is any good.
Take an F-16, stir in A-7, dollop of F-117, gob of F-22, dash of F/A-18, sprinkle with AV-8B, stir well + bake. Whaddya get? F-35.

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by neptune » 16 Jan 2018, 11:05

airforces_freak wrote:....(Israel) Wants to Link Its F-35 Computer Brains to Networks ...The ..(Israel) military says it wants to make sure there is a secure link between its future F-35 Joint Strike Fighters and the ..(Israel) Air Force’s main computer networks that will prevent the inadvertent sharing of classified information. ..

Earlier in January 2018, ..(Israel)... top military procurement arm, .., launched a competition to buy the necessary equipment and software to connect the F-35s to the rest of the Air Force’s systems, Defense News reported. ...(Israel) cybersecurity and electronic warfare division is in charge of the project and is asking for anyone interested in submitting a bid to do so by the end of February 2018.

“The program involves safe connection of information systems elements between the F-35 aircraft and the Air Forces’ information systems network as well as safe sharing of classified information between these systems,” ..(Israel) said, according to Defense News. “The political idea is to earn as much indigenous software space as possible while at the same time remaining within the [JSF] program,” an anonymous source also told the outlet.....

"NOT FAKE NEWS"; simply making a point, that this issue has been dealt with by Israel (the possessor of operating F-35s) with much complaint by others and "APPEARS" to be resolved (by Washington's endorsment).

The genie is out of the bottle; the concept of the F-35 is now much discussed in public and the "magic juice" of how it is done is only the "current" way the technology is applied. Others will use their imagination to develop similar technology, now that it is shown "as possible".

However, Turkey (NATO) is not the only country that is interested in the purchase of the F-35; India also is pursuing?? the 5th Gen genie with Russia and with less success, it will eventually come calling on Washington to allow them to "offset" China with a similar program. Also, with the same issues; less these religious overtones.
:)
Last edited by neptune on 16 Jan 2018, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 16 Jan 2018, 11:12

'neptune' can you please explain: "...IMHO (I'm still not comfortable with the "one way" information exchange with Israel) this matter is settled by the fact of the Israeli program." What is this 'one way'? Can you describe it more please? Thanks.

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by neptune » 16 Jan 2018, 12:03

spazsinbad wrote:'neptune' can you please explain: "...IMHO (I'm still not comfortable with the "one way" information exchange with Israel) this matter is settled by the fact of the Israeli program." What is this 'one way'? Can you describe it more please? Thanks.

....after reading my response for you, I didn't like the conjecture and concede this point and will edit that "out" of the reply. Thanks for the question!
:(

Banned

by airforces_freak » 16 Jan 2018, 12:29

white_lightning35 wrote:
airforces_freak wrote:
Not quite.

No matter how much one wants to reduce the petro-wars to religion no one needs eyes to see that religion is the pretext under which one nation steals the natural resources of another nation.

Can you please tell me when an Islamic Republic invaded the US? Whereas the US has been in the Middle East for the past 100 years.

Someone has been trying desperately to provoke a Christian vs Muslim war for quite sometime now and I am having trouble figuring out who it will benefit...the Jews, the Buddhists or some other group. Still cannot figure it out.

Hmm yes. Religion, which has been around far longer than the concept of a nation-state, is just used to steal things from other countries. I see.

"When has an Islamic republic invaded the US"?

When has an Islamic republic been capable of invading the U.S.? Hint: never. I'm sure an ant would eat me if it could, but they can't, so I point them out to my dog and he eats them as a protein supplement. Such is life.

I am so annoyed by those who think that those without the capability to influence things are somehow innocent and without fault. Is suriname truly full of amazingly wonderful people, or are they just not able to do something very important and bad?

"Some one has been desperately trying to provoke a Muslim vs Christian war"

Read the Quran and you might understand why there might be conflicts.

I personally don't believe Jews should be killed on sight, so I guess that makes me an enemy of Muhammad.

Perhaps we need to invent a better ant spray.

I have read the Koran and the Talmud and the Old Testament. It is however evident that you have not since you attributed to the Koran a verse which apparently mandates the killing of all Jews on sight. Perhaps you can cite the exact verse which you are alluding to. Because the last I checked Jews were "people of the book".

The Qur’an highlights the community of faith between followers of monotheistic religions (Jews, Christians and Muslims), and pays tribute to religious and moral virtues of communities that have received earlier revelations.

"There are indeed among the people of the Book some who believe in God and in what has been bestowed from on high upon you and in what has been bestowed upon them, humbling themselves before God. They do not barter away God’s revelations for a trifling price"- Aal-`Imran 3: 199. See other verses commending People of the Book in Al-Ma’idah 5: 82, 182.

Freedom of belief is also a basic Islamic principle in Islam: "There must be no coercion in matters of faith. The right way is henceforth distinct from error"- Al-Baqarah 2: 256

What SOME Muslims do and what Islam is are two different things.

There are also some horrific verses in the Talmud and Bible. Do we use a broad brush to label them?

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by botsing » 16 Jan 2018, 15:05

Are you seriously quoting religious scripture in an attempt to defend the current affairs in Turkey?

Talk about shooting yourself in your foot, or actually in this case blowing your whole leg off.
"Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know"

Location: Home of nuclear submarines, engines, and that's about it.

by white_lightning35 » 16 Jan 2018, 15:48

airforces_freak wrote:
I have read the Koran and the Talmud and the Old Testament. It is however evident that you have not since you attributed to the Koran a verse which apparently mandates the killing of all Jews on sight. Perhaps you can cite the exact verse which you are alluding to. Because the last I checked Jews were "people of the book".

The Qur’an highlights the community of faith between followers of monotheistic religions (Jews, Christians and Muslims), and pays tribute to religious and moral virtues of communities that have received earlier revelations.

"There are indeed among the people of the Book some who believe in God and in what has been bestowed from on high upon you and in what has been bestowed upon them, humbling themselves before God. They do not barter away God’s revelations for a trifling price"- Aal-`Imran 3: 199. See other verses commending People of the Book in Al-Ma’idah 5: 82, 182.

Freedom of belief is also a basic Islamic principle in Islam: "There must be no coercion in matters of faith. The right way is henceforth distinct from error"- Al-Baqarah 2: 256

What SOME Muslims do and what Islam is are two different things.

There are also some horrific verses in the Talmud and Bible. Do we use a broad brush to label them?

From Wikipedia:

The following hadith which forms a part of these Sahih Muslim hadiths has been quoted many times, and it became a part of the charter of Hamas.[79]

The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (the Boxthorn tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews. (related by al-Bukhari and Muslim).Sahih Muslim, 41:6985, see also Sahih Muslim, 41:6981, Sahih Muslim, 41:6982, Sahih Muslim, 41:6983, Sahih Muslim, 41:6984, Sahih al-Bukhari, 4:56:791,(Sahih al-Bukhari, 4:52:177)

by USMilFan » 16 Jan 2018, 22:41

There is also the possibility the United States could use ALIS in the future as an unprecedented export control. It could allow Lockheed Martin, at the direction of the U.S. government, to disconnect a country’s F-35s from vital updates and potentially disrupting the jets’ operational capabilities remotely, if necessary. American authorities might also be able to use the network as a vector for a cyber attack to more completely disable to the aircraft.

This part of the article is utter nonsense. The US is accused of much insanity and evil on an hourly basis around the world, but this one takes the cake. The US does not commit acts of war against countries interested in operating American-made weapons systems. I know this may be hard to believe in some places, but deliberately sabotaging our friends is contrary and self-defeating to our self-interests as well as those of our allies and partner countries. The US is not interested committing national suicide as the author of this article imagines. Such transparent anti-American propaganda is tiresome and just silly.

Let's take a break from such utter nonsense.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 16 Jan 2018, 22:44

Agree. There are several articles (probably in ALIS) in this forum that explain this stuff, but negative propaganda is fun.
:shock: :devil: WHERE IS THE F-35 REMOTE 'KILL SWITCH'!? :doh: :drool:

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by nutshell » 17 Jan 2018, 09:24

I dont understand airforce dude.

I mean, why does it have to be a religion issue?
Why are you always trying to be the victim?

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by optimist » 17 Jan 2018, 10:23

nutshell wrote:I dont understand airforce dude.

Lets not bait and switch, it's unbecoming. Just remember what post started this off.

nutshell wrote:It's not that hard to understand Turkey and the West are not meant to be together.
The F35 should not be sold to a country that has an agenda in complete opposition to the one of its allies.
Turkey is flirting with our "enemies", the dagger is ready to strike, it's undeniable.
Then let's be real: you cant mix muslims and christians
It just doesnt work.
Europe's fighters been decided. Not a Eurocanard, it's the F-35 (or insert derogatory term) Count the European countries with it.

by laos » 17 Jan 2018, 11:51

There is a quote from famous XX century figure comrade Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov better known by the alias Lenin that describe the the sell of F-35 do Turkey -
„The capitalists will sell us the rope on which we will hang them”.

:D

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by nutshell » 17 Jan 2018, 19:37

optimist wrote:
nutshell wrote:I dont understand airforce dude.

Lets not bait and switch, it's unbecoming. Just remember what post started this off.

nutshell wrote:It's not that hard to understand Turkey and the West are not meant to be together.
The F35 should not be sold to a country that has an agenda in complete opposition to the one of its allies.
Turkey is flirting with our "enemies", the dagger is ready to strike, it's undeniable.
Then let's be real: you cant mix muslims and christians
It just doesnt work.

Simple concept: West + Turkey = bad couple.

You dont f* play the victim card here. Not after tons of reply of various threats and retaliations against the west.

Easy, isnt it?

PreviousNext