Pressure increases on [Canada] to stay or leave F-35 program

Program progress, politics, orders, and speculation
Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by ricnunes » 16 Sep 2019, 20:39

XanderCrews wrote:
Clearly defined combat missions based on those currently flown by the CF-18.
Mission profiles that demand capabilities far beyond what the CF-18 can perform should be discarded. As outlined above, the Gripen can replace the CF18 on virtually all missions.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Anything better than CF-18 is bad. Gripen isn't so it should win?? :|

https://prism.ucalgary.ca/bitstream/han ... sAllowed=y

LOL, so pathetic! :doh:

The fact is if the CF-18 was to be equipped with the same electronics/sensors - and technically it could since it's a bigger plane than the Gripen E - the CF-18 would be a better and more capable fighter aircraft than the Gripen E.
And also because the CF-18 is bigger it could technically be equipped with better electronics/sensors compared to the Gripen E which would make the CF-18 a much better fighter aircraft.

The fact that for someone like Brazil who operates and which current fighter aircraft is the F-5 Tiger II, moving to the Gripen E will seem like moving forwards.
But for a country like Canada which operates legacy F/A-18 Hornets (a.k.a. in Canada as the CF-18) to suddenly replace those CF-18 by the Gripen E would be going several steps back!
“Active stealth” is what the ignorant nay sayers call EW and pretend like it’s new.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 16 Sep 2019, 21:42

Choose Crews

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 16 Sep 2019, 22:32

:shock: :devil: Heheh. WALKING THE PLANK takes on NEW Meaning for da Gripen (do they do KEEL HAULS?). :roll: :shock:

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 16 Sep 2019, 23:20

Choose Crews

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by ricnunes » 17 Sep 2019, 09:07

XanderCrews wrote:Image

Hehehe, really hilarious Xander :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
“Active stealth” is what the ignorant nay sayers call EW and pretend like it’s new.

by lbk000 » 17 Sep 2019, 19:15

XanderCrews wrote:
Mission profiles that demand capabilities far beyond what the CF-18 can perform should be discarded. As outlined above, the Gripen can replace the CF18 on virtually all missions.

Degree paper so literally some kiddie bs.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 17 Sep 2019, 21:40

lbk000 wrote:
XanderCrews wrote:

Degree paper so literally some kiddie bs.

Yeah there was a lot of red flags. I was only a couple pages deep and I was already "uh oh" LOL.

They took general information and ran with it, looks like they ran it past a retired pilot for his feedback and put it to press. very obvious what they did and how they handled it. The bias is palpable too as the only time Stealth is mentioned is negatively.

Their conclusion is actually more hurtful than helpful there. Even Gripen fans are concluding that it can't fully compete with current CF-18?
Choose Crews

by armedupdate » 17 Sep 2019, 23:59

I never seen this much cognitive juggling in my life.

"Active stealth"...?

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by kimjongnumbaun » 18 Sep 2019, 04:57

You should have put, “low observable sales”, lol.

You should see the Facebook page. The Gripen fanboys are losing their sh*t there.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by nathan77 » 18 Sep 2019, 05:16

kimjongnumbaun wrote:You should have put, “low observable sales”, lol.

Excellent; I needed a laugh :devil:

by armedupdate » 18 Sep 2019, 06:26

Is BF4C Canadian? It seems like a Swedish lobbying site.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 18 Sep 2019, 06:56

lipovitand wrote:lol the F35 posts is going ham on BF4C, I love it. Are you guys part of this?

Some there are just out right idiot... :bang:

I wish I could say that I was, but I got scolded by the wife for being mean to people "who aren't as smart as you" yes i'm being serious so I backed off a lot of those blogs. the Solomon one where they guy pretends to be a Marine was one she really thought was bad because hes got some mental disabilities and I felt too guilty.

I do lurk at BF4C though. never a dull moment, just dull minds. My favorites are the ones who have created some very circular conspiracies as to why the Gripen isn't winning.

armedupdate wrote:Is BF4C Canadian? It seems like a Swedish lobbying site.

When Gripen leaves, the tears will be epic. not the first time though:

Jun 5, 2013

Amy Svitak | AWIN First
EMAIL

Saab is pulling its JAS 39E Gripen out of Canada’s fighter competition, having “decided not to take part,” according to a company official. The next-generation Gripen was among candidates to replace the Lockheed Martin F-35 as Canada’s future fighter. “Our conclusion is that the conditions were not yet ripe for us to act,” Saab spokeswoman Karin Walka said June 5. “We feel that we have a good dialogue with Canada in both this matter as well as in others.” As Canada further defines ...

https://aviationweek.com/defense/saab-w ... evaluation
Choose Crews

by armedupdate » 18 Sep 2019, 21:11

Gripen fanboys always talk like used car salesmen

"its a good price, don't buy new"
"proven engine"
"no strings attatched"
"comes with benefits"
"its not that bad"

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by Corsair1963 » 19 Sep 2019, 06:21

Trudeau Campaign just took a big hit.........

Reactions to Canadian PM Trudeau's brown face 2001 picture

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau apologized on Wednesday for wearing brown face make-up in 2001 after an embarrassing picture emerged less than five weeks out from a tightly contested general election.

Following are reactions from his political rivals and other commentators in the Oct. 21 national election:

CONSERVATIVE LEADER ANDREW SCHEER:

“I was extremely shocked and disappointed when I learned of Justin Trudeau’s actions this evening. Wearing brown face is an act of open mockery and racism. What Canadians saw this evening is someone with a complete lack of judgment and integrity and someone who’s not fit to govern this country.”

GREEN PARTY LEADER ELIZABETH MAY:

“I am deeply shocked by the racism shown in the photograph of Justin Trudeau. He must apologise for the harm done and commit to learning and appreciating the requirement to model social justice leadership at all levels of government. In this matter he has failed.”

GREEN PARTY LEADER ELIZABETH MAY:

“I am deeply shocked by the racism shown in the photograph of Justin Trudeau. He must apologise for the harm done and commit to learning and appreciating the requirement to model social justice leadership at all levels of government. In this matter he has failed.”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-canad ... Z?rpc=401&

by gideonic » 19 Sep 2019, 07:57

Corsair1963 wrote:Trudeau Campaign just took a big hit.........

Reactions to Canadian PM Trudeau's brown face 2001 picture

While I take no liking to Trudeau (to put it lightly) I really wish politic mudslinging would focus on current actions and policies (where there is plenty of crap to sling around) instead of some hugely stuff someone did 19 years ago. If it were something illegal i'd understand, but this? seriously?

PreviousNext