Australian lawmakers confident in F-35's future

Program progress, politics, orders, and speculation
  • Author

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

• Warnings: -2

Unread post23 Jun 2020, 01:31

It is silly to single anyone out to answer a question. This forum is for all comers with answers. My interest is in Naval Aviation and the F-35 variants. Already I am aware I know little about the Super Hornets. Strategy & wider ADF is not me.

AFAIK the ADF is for Defence, how that may be done can vary according to circumstances. Otherwise obviously we train to operate not only together but in conjunction with other forces from elsewhere via treaty arrangements. NO the ADF is NOT going to operate alone against China. Give us a break. 25.5 million against what 1.5 billion? You gotta be kidding me.

We do well by comparison in the VIRUS WARS though. I don't know about the quotes you refer. They don't matter to us.

An example of US co-operation 22 Jun 2020: https://news.usni.org/2020/06/22/delaye ... th-aussies
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

Corsair1963

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post23 Jun 2020, 01:41

Funny, many want to compare China vs X, Y, or Z...Yet, in the "Real World" it would be China vs XYZ. :wink:

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

• Warnings: -2

Unread post23 Jun 2020, 04:03

Got the shoe quote: "...The Chinese Communist Party responded with three elements of pressure. First, political. It imposed a ban on top-level political contact. Second, economic. It applied a customs "go slow" on Australian thermal coal, which proved ineffective because exporters were able readily to divert shipments to other markets. Third, it began a campaign of internet intrusions.

In April, Beijing stepped up all these elements after the Morrison government led the call for an inquiry into COVID-19. The Chinese government extended its political ban to not only top-level but also ministerial contacts, and rhetorical abuse of Australia was unleashed - the state-owned media campaign included the description of Australia as "chewing gum stuck on the sole of China's shoes". Scary stuff indeed. We would make that joke ourselves but hey does China laugh?

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia ... r-BB15PGWG
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber
Previous

Return to Program and politics