Tamiya's Agressor

Discuss technique and post photographs of your work in progress

by proudpop » 04 May 2009, 14:30

Finally finished the paint on the AK Tamiya Block 30. Nice kit and paint scheme. You can see a Tamiya CJ and the Kinetic DJ in the background. Looks like the 13th at Red Flag! I'll put it in the finished showcase when its completed.
Attachments
Red Flag Alaska.JPG
Red Flag.JPG

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by Habu » 04 May 2009, 17:58

Been wanting to ask you...how do you match the demarcation lines on the canopy, as I see you left it off for the paint stage.
Do your homework, Tiger!

by proudpop » 04 May 2009, 20:55

Habu wrote:Been wanting to ask you...how do you match the demarcation lines on the canopy, as I see you left it off for the paint stage.

Just lazy I guess. I used to sand down the seam, Future it, then mask it and paint it. I found that the Future doesn't take well to masking. Plus on these aircraft, I am leaving the canopy open so the demarcation line(s) have to be close, not perfect. I usually eyeball them at the end, then pull off the mask, then Future the canopies. If the canopy is closed, then I glue it in place, mask, and airbrush everything.

A quick question, I finally purchased a Badger Anthem 155 dual action airbrush for projects like the AK aggressor-but it oversprays like he@#! Especially the extremely light gray/flat black demarcation lines
I finally went back to my old school Badger 100 series gun to get it right, with many touch ups. I thought the 155 would give me the performance to make those tight contrasting lines on 1/48 scale? Am I screwing up?

by brett309 » 16 Sep 2013, 11:25

Nice Build. I must say that this is one of the best models that I have seen. The rc jets are formed and fit with an amazing amount of precision and this turned out to be a beautiful model. That really shows the amount of time you spent making the model I would recommend this to anybody.