162 FW job openings.

Looking to change career fields or contemplating to request a new assignment? Here's where you find out if the grass really is greener on the other side...

by mc5wes » 23 Dec 2011, 17:01

Did you have guys jump ship and go to the Reserve unit at DM? Don't worry they wont be after Jan 1st when they start wearing the uniform.

by jeep79 » 03 Jan 2012, 14:10

i was a technician in ohio, that had the contract to train the dutch before they pulled stakes and ran to tucson. i would apply for the jobs that they now are advertising, but the pay and benefits are keeping me from doing so. tell ya what...if those guys want ppl to come out there, they better start offering some incentives. especially knowing what kind of junk the dutch and other foreign countries are flying!! c'mon, make it worth peoples' time at least!! :shock:

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by bohica » 03 Jan 2012, 22:42

jeep79 - Who is this? I was a Tech at Springfield also. PM me

by mc5wes » 04 Jan 2012, 07:23

jeep79 wrote:c'mon, make it worth peoples' time at least!!

Good luck with that. The Air Force has too many people on board. And is throwing away people everyday. They will find someone to work the job at any pay. Just to stay in.

The Air Force is offering a second round of voluntary early retirement authority and voluntary separation incentive pay beginning Jan. 9.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123284940

by jeep79 » 04 Jan 2012, 13:56

well, i know how it works. just sayin that ive seen these jobs announced over and over again. its a flawed system, so let em keep working those long hours and let em keep having those low mc rates....whatever.
:roll:

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by az2sdang » 05 Jan 2012, 15:27

jeep79 wrote:i was a technician in ohio, that had the contract to train the dutch before they pulled stakes and ran to tucson. i would apply for the jobs that they now are advertising, but the pay and benefits are keeping me from doing so. tell ya what...if those guys want ppl to come out there, they better start offering some incentives. especially knowing what kind of junk the dutch and other foreign countries are flying!! c'mon, make it worth peoples' time at least!! :shock:

It's more than that. To keep it simple, morale there is very low right now. There is a cycle for everything, and it should come back around in the next few years.
Peace through superior firepower!

by mc5wes » 05 Jan 2012, 17:10

It's more than that. To keep it simple, morale there is very low right now. There is a cycle for everything, and it should come back around in the next few years.

Its not going to get better soon. They are announcing today all of the DOD cuts. With the Guard and Reserve taking a big hit.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by bouliult » 06 Jan 2012, 00:02

jeep79 wrote:i was a technician in ohio, that had the contract to train the dutch before they pulled stakes and ran to tucson. i would apply for the jobs that they now are advertising, but the pay and benefits are keeping me from doing so. tell ya what...if those guys want ppl to come out there, they better start offering some incentives. especially knowing what kind of junk the dutch and other foreign countries are flying!! c'mon, make it worth peoples' time at least!! :shock:

At least we have 8 out of 10 flying in Tucson! So it might just be that our jets are good jets, but the maintenance sucked in Springfield!!

Be aware that the US is flying with basically the same junk as us. Looking at your leader you will be flying with that junk longer than us. Yeah sure i was pissed off at your comment about the Dutch junk i take pride in my job just as you do probably. Being on the same side i would recommend to look at the "oppositions" junk.

by jeep79 » 07 Jan 2012, 18:34

im not going to go down this road. im not going to get into this "who is better than who" junk. we could talk about the mc rates before they came to ohio, and what they were when they left, but like i said, i dont want to get into that. this post was originally intended to point out the fact that i would actually be willing to apply for the jobs at Tucson, but the way the job advertisements are written, they really narrow down who is able to apply for them, and the pay that they offer probably wont make anyone jump at the job. most of them i have seen are only E5 positions, with average to below average pay scales. but i keep seeing the jobs announced over and over again. this should raise a flag to the state hro. i meant no disrespect to anyone there, but i stand by my beliefs on the original intent of the post, which was NOT to start a war of words.

by timt » 14 Jan 2012, 05:53

This base is a joke! There are good guys on the line do not get me wrong. Though, they fly aircraft that should be on a Red X to pad their stat's in this big hope they will acquire the F-35 and not get shut down. "It is going to phase in ten hours, fly it with fuel in the intake, no big deal" F-that! The base is Federally funded to an extent because of the weapons program and international training..

F-16.net Editor
F-16.net Editor

by Asif » 17 Jan 2012, 14:54

This thread split from http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-16527.html to allow comments about job rolls on offer.
Asif Shamim
F-16.net Editorial staff & Patch Gallery Administration

by Weasel_Keeper » 26 Feb 2012, 09:03

Just returned from Snowbird at DM a week ago and talked to some AZANG guys. What I heard was Lockheed recruited the piss out of the base and they lost a ton of experience while everyone jumped ship. Some of our guys are interviewing for positions and I hear they're hiring 3 levels into WG-12 step 5 slots...can't be that bad. I'm a 7 level WG-12 step 5 after 6 years in Indiana. Also heard there are only two red X guys on the flightline, so it sounds like anyone with any experience could be hired full time technician if you like the desert. ;)
Cave Putorium!
SoWW #2485