F-22 vs. Rafale dogfight

Anything goes, as long as it is about the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

armedupdate

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 451
  • Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 21:11

Unread post13 Nov 2015, 05:56

Can someone tell me what happened between the Rafale-F-22 dogfight that resulted in 1-0 victory for the F-22? However the F-22 was shot down by a Mirage, plus the French showed a video where the F-22 was in a disadvantageous position....what happened? Did the French fire the MICA and miss?

How does the F-22 compare to the Rafale in agility?
Offline

zero-one

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1182
  • Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 16:19
  • Location: New Jersey

Unread post13 Nov 2015, 10:26

Ah yes the famous Rafale HUD footage that fan boys are touting as "proof" that the Rafale is superior to the F-22.

You will notice that in that video, the Rafale managed to gain a simulated lock on the F-22 twice if I remember correctly.
Question is, how many times did the F-22 lock on the Rafale in that video.

There was also a part in that video that when the Rafale saw the Raptor, the F-22's nose was pointed straight at her already, that could have been a simulated lock for the F-22 right there.

When it comes to Agility, the British claim that the Rafale performs very similar to the EF Typhoon. It's not a far fetched claim as the 2 fighters share very similar aerodynamic layouts.

But according to the British themselves, the Raptor is superior on most maneuvering metrics

Read more here:
https://typhoon.starstreak.net/Eurofighter/tech.php
Offline
User avatar

popcorn

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

  • Posts: 6930
  • Joined: 24 Sep 2008, 08:55

Unread post13 Nov 2015, 10:45

Context is everything...
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-11-13-17-40-22.png
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh
Offline

wil59

Active Member

Active Member

  • Posts: 151
  • Joined: 05 May 2015, 09:50

Unread post13 Nov 2015, 14:09

zero-one wrote:Ah yes the famous Rafale HUD footage that fan boys are touting as "proof" that the Rafale is superior to the F-22.

You will notice that in that video, the Rafale managed to gain a simulated lock on the F-22 twice if I remember correctly.
Question is, how many times did the F-22 lock on the Rafale in that video.

There was also a part in that video that when the Rafale saw the Raptor, the F-22's nose was pointed straight at her already, that could have been a simulated lock for the F-22 right there.

When it comes to Agility, the British claim that the Rafale performs very similar to the EF Typhoon. It's not a far fetched claim as the 2 fighters share very similar aerodynamic layouts.

But according to the British themselves, the Raptor is superior on most maneuvering metrics

Read more here:
https://typhoon.starstreak.net/Eurofighter/tech.php
the reality of the last confrontations are 7 to 1 in favor of the rafale, and the rafale was limp when eurofigter scored 1 time, f-22 vs rafale is equal seen the video have burst advantage from start to finish.which is stange f-22 1 victory no vidéo 5 Equality and 1 loss .For me the video of the fight f-22 vs rafale must be a victory rafale .French army or air made this video for a reason,proves a victory for rafale that has not been validated by us Air Force. Why British driver did not want to face the rafale! you should ask yourself ? The rafale is as good as the f-22, you will not have to say otherwise!The frenzy on the generations of aircraft as for me it is just of anything...
And at what the French technology would be less good ques the others? Equivalent OK, but less good forgiveness but there it is you who do not like France.

Anything else, you saw the results(profits) of the exercises led between Gusts(Bursts) and Typhoon? For information the English people do not any more want to reattempt these exercises, and Gust(Burst) widely dominated him(it), I invent nothing, visits on the clear(net) all the sources(springs) which I was able to see say the same thing.

Furthermore, the evaluations of the countries which one tried this plane places him(it) in all the domains above the typhoon, look at those of Switzerland, Brazil, South Korea, they are all all right top.

Thus we shall go back so that Typhoon is better even there dog fight ^^

Attention I do not say that it is the best plane, but when we look at the difference between both programs, that of Eurofighter was much more expensive for a device which in put three years more being born, nevertheless developed and built with the cooperation of 4 countries!

And there is as well a fact as to deal with a country to manage a contract as this one is already very complicated, then if we add three countries more... That has to be a nameless horror at the level of the agreements and of the transfers of technology.

You have the right to prefer Typhoon, no worries, but inquire about the notices of the other countries which were able to test it, it is not that a valuable story.
Offline

checksixx

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1525
  • Joined: 20 Jul 2005, 04:28
  • Location: Langley AFB, VA

Unread post13 Nov 2015, 16:37

LoL...the video in which the Rafale pilot is pre or post stall the entire time? Yeah, a good watch, but in reality another jet would have had him while he tried to maneuver against the other. This was training specifically to teach. You have to teach with what you have. Its not always about watching a 5th gen jet destroy everything. Its about using your asset to teach defeat tactics to 4th gen pilots as there are non-friendly countries developing these capabilities.
Offline

basher54321

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1253
  • Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 15:43

Unread post13 Nov 2015, 17:36

checksixx wrote:LoL...the video in which the Rafale pilot is pre or post stall the entire time? Yeah, a good watch, but in reality another jet would have had him while he tried to maneuver against the other. This was training specifically to teach. You have to teach with what you have. Its not always about watching a 5th gen jet destroy everything. Its about using your asset to teach defeat tactics to 4th gen pilots as there are non-friendly countries developing these capabilities.


What!! you mean T-38 is not bestest plane eva?? :lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXmDj3mFrXQ
Offline

eloise

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1389
  • Joined: 27 Mar 2015, 16:05

Unread post13 Nov 2015, 17:42

I actually believe Rafale is very agile :shock:
If what pilot said are to believed , Typhoon and F-22 are quite evenly matched in dogfight ,and IIRC Rafale beat Typhoon in dogfight so there is a possibility that it could be more agile than F-22 , who know ? :wink:
Offline

SnakeHandler

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 715
  • Joined: 01 Jul 2007, 18:22

Unread post13 Nov 2015, 18:50

Checksixx and I know, but we're not tellin'...
Offline

SnakeHandler

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 715
  • Joined: 01 Jul 2007, 18:22

Unread post13 Nov 2015, 18:52

What!! you mean T-38 is not bestest plane eva?? :lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXmDj3mFrXQ[/quote]

Lose sight, lose fight...
Offline

mixelflick

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1675
  • Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 10:26
  • Location: Parts Unknown

Unread post14 Nov 2015, 14:00

SnakeHandler wrote:What!! you mean T-38 is not bestest plane eva?? :lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXmDj3mFrXQ


Lose sight, lose fight...[/quote]

Right on.

We should be buying T-38's by the squadron full...
Offline

deadseal

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 562
  • Joined: 13 Jan 2008, 01:17

Unread post14 Nov 2015, 14:41

i dont think i ever saw anything out the back of the 38 in IFF.....all i know is:
ready, ready, fights on!
break..1 potato 2 potato....jink!
1 potato 2 potato...jink!

never saw squat

debrief:
"Hey bud your jinks were a little late but not bad overall... we'll call it a sat"

just smile and wave boys, smile and wave


the funny thing about all this is that the US has learned to not show the french sh*t.....you can rest assured that the raptor was holding back. I know a guy who fought rafales at Luke and he said it was a good jet, but a light Viper did pretty well against it. A raptor can run circles around anything but a light 50/52 and even then he can cash in for first launch with his nose anytime he wants using thrust vectoring.

this is propoganda plain and simple...taken out of context

also his AGSM sucks donkey nuts
Offline

armedupdate

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 451
  • Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 21:11

Unread post15 Nov 2015, 04:53

From what I know the Rafale's 7-1 victory against the Typhoon was at BVR not dogfight.
Offline
User avatar

geforcerfx

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 617
  • Joined: 10 Feb 2014, 02:46

Unread post15 Nov 2015, 14:56

armedupdate wrote:From what I know the Rafale's 7-1 victory against the Typhoon was at BVR not dogfight.


I've seen all sorts of crazy claims on the dact, BVR doesn't make sense unless it was like traunch 1 typhoons vs the latest rafales with Aesa, who knows. I still love all these guys being so proud of WVR combat training kill ratios like they actually mean something.
Offline
User avatar

sferrin

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

  • Posts: 4337
  • Joined: 22 Jul 2005, 03:23

Unread post15 Nov 2015, 18:03

geforcerfx wrote:
armedupdate wrote:From what I know the Rafale's 7-1 victory against the Typhoon was at BVR not dogfight.


I've seen all sorts of crazy claims on the dact, BVR doesn't make sense unless it was like traunch 1 typhoons vs the latest rafales with Aesa, who knows. I still love all these guys being so proud of WVR combat training kill ratios like they actually mean something.



Still isn't as bad as that other crowd being so proud of airshows as if THAT actually means something. :wink:
"There I was. . ."
Offline

tritonprime

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 513
  • Joined: 29 Aug 2015, 22:29

Unread post15 Nov 2015, 21:26

The video

Next

Return to General F-22A Raptor forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests