Desired Bachelors Degree for F-16 pilot

So you want to be an F-35, mechanic, loader, avionics technician...? Here you will learn that you will need education, hard work and steadfast dedication. (Note: This used to be the F-16 crew forum)
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by TenguNoHi » 23 Jan 2006, 03:35

Well I can relate to you expereince because I was really nervous majoring history untill I talked to people on this forum. The rule of thumb is... DO WHAT YOU LIKE! Your college expereince will be more enjoyable that way; you'll enjoy your classes and excel better than them which gives you a higher GPA; which helps your selection spot. You need to think worse case scenario... If for some reason you cant be an officer in the USAF, what job are you going to enjoy doing the rest of your life in the civilian world? I can almost garuntee you though that if you talked to anyone whose in UPT right now on this forum they will tell you that their instructures havent asked them to know one thing yet that you would only know if you had a particular major in college. The IPs teach you everything you need to know about flying airplanes!!!

-Aaron

by WILZ » 25 Jan 2006, 05:56

Be a male nurse...

I would triple major in Aerospace Engineering, Meteorology and Math. In UPT, you will need to know weather, aerodynamics and I think pilots do a lot of math.

I get a kick out of this. I see it often...

by SpiderManZA5106 » 07 Mar 2006, 06:39

Hi,

I'm 18 and I'm going to Spartan college of Aeronautics to get my A&P lience to work on jets and my Private Flight lience from there. And I was wonderin if what I'm doing is right. I know I can keep a 3.0 or above gpa in college but this college doesn't teach all the math such as CAL, I think they mainly teach physics and such need for flight.

My main goal is to be a fighter pilot, I don't care which fighter jet I fly, I just want to oppurtunity but I have always wanted the F-16 r F-22 but will be happy with what I get. I have set my whole life on this goal, I never been in trouble with the law, never drinked or smoked anything in my life or done any pills for that matter. I can run a half mile in 2 mins flat. I do 600 pushups a night before I go to bed in set of 100. My whole life I been lookin and thinking into the future.

The college I'm going too is private so it doesn't have AFROTC and im worried if that will weaken my chances of gettin a pilot slot. And I was also wondering if it would be a big help for me to take a year of college some where else dedicated to Math, Science, and English? I have a burning desire to be a fighter pilot and have all my life. Do I need to buy the test books all throughout college and study them?

The college I'm going to is fast pace so it only takes 3 years to get a bachleor's degree because you go everyday m-f even in the summer. But im going to get my flight licence from there also. Is getting an A&P lience going to help me on the test? Is there any advice you can give me to increase my chances on getting in?

by Destro » 07 Mar 2006, 06:49

Is spartan a two year school where you get an associates degree, or are you just going for the A&P?
WTF Over!

by SpiderManZA5106 » 07 Mar 2006, 16:41

You can get your A&P there and associates degree at the same time. You can also get your bachleor's degree but you get it faster because you to to school everyday, m-f even through the summer. So it will take 3yrs to get your bachleor degree from there. Its an aeronautical college so you can get your private or commercial flight lience if you want, it all depends on what you want and you could probably get it there.

And this school I'm going to doesn't have Air Force ROTC or any kind of ROTC for that matter. Is this going to effect me in a great way? Is there a requirment that I need to take ROTC to have a better chance at becoming a fighter pilot. Are there pilots who never took ROTC and went from college into the airforce and got a pilot slot?

Yes, I'm going to get both my A&P and Associate, then my bachleors and private flight lience.

by Destro » 07 Mar 2006, 17:16

No, the ROTC thing won't hurt you, ROTC is not a rquirement to fly fighters. You can use OCS, or AMS instead of ROTC. Officer candidate school (OCS) is usually used if you go into the active duty or reserves and the Academy of Military science (AMS) is where you go if you commission through the Air National Guard (guard). If you are anywhere near an guard unit, I would seriously consider joining that unit even if it is'nt the type of aircraft you wanna fly. The A&P you are working on really won't help too much with getting a pilot slot, but the private license will. There is a joke that "the most dangerous thing in the world is a pilot that works on his own airplane". Its justa joke though :D
WTF Over!

by kiara_3 » 10 Oct 2013, 11:34

I am not sure but may be you can do international MBA from Thunderbird laureate as this will help you to get a good job with your flying degree anywhere in the world. Correct me if I am wrong.

Previous