Med Tech to F-16 pilot or copilot

Forum for job postings and employment advice.

by usafbonilla » 21 Aug 2007, 22:25

Im curious as what do i have to do to become an f16 pilot or co pilot . I am currently an active duty medical tech in teh USAF and hav ebeen for 6 years reenlisted fo r6 more. Now i need a challenge in my life as the challenges of fatherhood have and i am proud to say i know i succedded. So any info would be appreciated

by MaddogF16 » 22 Aug 2007, 01:00

usafbonilla,
First you have to get your degree...you can do that by going into a ROTC program applying to the USAF Academy, or completing your degree and then applying to OTS. In any way you plan on getting your commission you need to compete and get a pilot slot. Once you have that then it's just a matter of where you'll go to UPT and how well you do in your class and how many fighters are available in the "Drop".
Trust me this will be a challenge especially with wife and kids....
I went from enlisted to fighter pilot but I was single. Not saying it can't or hasn't been done because I know it has but it is tough....if you want a challenge this is it...!!
Wish you all the best
MaddogF16

by MaddogF16 » 22 Aug 2007, 01:02

Oh one other thing......you might want to look up fighters and having co-pilots..?? F-16's don't..!! Most don't only the Mud-Eagle does at this point..!!
MaddogF16

by MaddogF16 » 22 Aug 2007, 01:03

Not to mention they really don't like being called a "co-pilot" as they're WSO's.....sorry for being so blunt..!!
MaddogF16

by usafbonilla » 22 Aug 2007, 17:33

well im divorced and i know i will stay single my son doesnt deserve a replacement mom, so i will look into ROTC and other venues. I was just never book smart and learn by hands on and demonstrations thats why the thought of school makes me shriek. But a challenge like in life has to be one that one desires not for others, but for themselves Thanks