DynCorp T/A positions - Hiring Now!

Forum for job postings and employment advice.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by bountyhunter » 10 Feb 2012, 00:47

Well, it has been almost a month and I have not heard any news. Has anyone heard anything about these jobs that are listed? :bang:

by mc5wes » 10 Feb 2012, 10:36

GooseGoose wrote:Sent Rex my resume last week. Applied for Lead and Worker Transient on Alert Dyn Corp Int'l website. Website says under proposal. Got an e-mail back from Rex. He said they didn't get the contract. I'm confused. :?

Looks like there not hiring.

by mc5wes » 10 Feb 2012, 10:37

Goose Goose
Why would you want to leave a great big bucks place like Afghanistan? To take on this contract? Arent they paying like a gazillion dollars?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Thecrewdog » 17 Feb 2012, 09:54

bountyhunter wrote:So you say that there still might be a chance for the jobs? I emailed 2 days ago when I saw the post from Rex Hensley and have not heard anything back. Still waiting on an email from either Rex or Katherine. If anyone has some insider tips, here is my email...Postaldog2k2@hotmail.com :bang:

Do not expect to receive an email so quickly. People take vacations, work at various locations, and go to many meetings in the civilian aviation world. Your lack of patience will drive you crazy if you do not put it in check now. This is especially true if you plan on working overseas. There are many things to consider. These contracts are often put into motion more than three years before the hiring process begins. Sure, they gather resumes for the talent, but, they are not hired. Most of these positions are posted as "Contract pending" or something like that.

Depending on the country that the company is dealing with, this could be lengthened even more than three years. Some companies try to underbid the larger companies to get the contract, but, they are not able to deliver when it is all said and done....

Your situation is not unlike many others in "the biz." We wait, and wait, and wait, and wait to receive a call or email. Weeks and even months go by with nothing. Then, out of nowhere, you have five job offers from five great companies. Be patient. Don't wait for one answer from one company. Apply for many.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Thecrewdog » 17 Feb 2012, 09:56

mc5wes wrote:Goose Goose
Why would you want to leave a great big bucks place like Afghanistan? To take on this contract? Arent they paying like a gazillion dollars?

Ummm..... Maybe because you often get shot at.... What's your life worth? They pay around $150K take home, depending on the job, of course.

by mc5wes » 17 Feb 2012, 23:28

Ummm..... Maybe because you often get shot at.... What's your life worth? They pay around $150K take home, depending on the job, of course.

That was my point. Working in the middle east. Whats your life worth?

50K in Saudi Arabia or UAE working for an AlSalam type company.

Or 150K working for DOD at Bagram?

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by huggy » 18 Feb 2012, 04:58

mc5wes wrote:Goose Goose

Having just returned from Bagram...
I was never "in fear of my life"... even when the 107mm went off 80 meters from my room. Safer than most places in the States. It's where many units go for "R&R" to get out of the field.

If you want nothing but "dollars", go for it.

Although I'd like the cash,... I'm not willing to spend any more time in that shithole to earn it.

Your mileage may vary...

Huggy

by GooseGoose » 18 Feb 2012, 07:15

Just wanted to see mc5wes what they were offering. I worked at Al Dhafra in 2008-2009.

by mc5wes » 18 Feb 2012, 07:53

Yeah. Its zero. Theres no contract.

I have a couple more years till I retire. And then looking to go back to the giant kitty liter box for a couple of years.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by bountyhunter » 19 Feb 2012, 19:21

Huggy...
I spent a few months in Bagram back in 2004 and I felt safe enough. I was active duty back then...You say "if you want nothing but dollars, go for it." What else is over there if not dollars? I am in it for the money. If all goes well and I keep my head down, I figured I can do some years over there while trying to finish my masters program and get a job teaching when it is all said and done. Now, I just have to get "my foot in the door." When this happens, I am looking forward to meeting all of you! :cheers:

by mc5wes » 20 Feb 2012, 01:41

Bounty Hunter
If you want a job. Here is what you do.

Get a cell phone and never change the number.

Set up a professional Gmail address.

Use an address that you will have almost forever. Like your Moms house.

Build up a Word Document resume. With the above three in it.

Scan you documents. And put them in a word document.

Go to this web page.

www.jsfirm.com

Apply to every job you see.

Wait for the calls to come in.

Keep a record of every call you get. You will need them later.

Pick one that you want.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by bountyhunter » 20 Feb 2012, 20:36

mc5wes,

Get a cell phone and never change the number...check
Set up a professional Gmail address...check
Use an address that you will have almost forever...Thanks mom! Check
Build a word document resume...check
Scan my documents...what documents?
I went to the page. When I learn about what documents, I will apply like crazy!
Do companies offer jobs in the Middle East on this page too? That is where I want to be.

Thanks bro!

Bounty Hunter :thanks:

by mc5wes » 21 Feb 2012, 02:31

The documents are anything you want to include. 

A/P License
dl
Training Certificates

Yes if you click on search international. You will see all the jobs. 

Don't worry to much about the qualifications. If you have 5 years and they ask for 6. Go ahead and send it in.

But if you have 3 and they want 30. Then it's not worth it.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by bountyhunter » 23 Feb 2012, 23:10

Qualifications? I have over 22 yrs worth...

Thanks!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by rs-1477 » 07 Jun 2013, 07:04

55k with KBR AFCAP, Thumrait AB, Oman

PreviousNext