Thinking of applying for Saudi Arabia F-15 contract

Forum for job postings and employment advice.
Banned

by geogen » 28 Dec 2010, 03:46

Sounds like some fairly reasonable and balanced words of wisdom, ddj. Thanks for sharing your perspective which can be applied across the board and makes for good leadership in general. There will always be those who take things a step further than needed - when seeing things 1 mil outside their comfort zone... And unfortunately, some will always reveal a bit more opinion than is proper on a particular thread, imho.

Thanks for your service.
The Super-Viper has not yet begun to concede.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by 0311 » 28 Dec 2010, 17:55

The point I am making is about all the pitfalls of working in Saudi Arabia..

Now Working in Duluth Mn a guard base civil service you usually need to know someone that can slip you in the door if you are retired military.I have personal seen that happen and it really sucks.
You rarely see someone with 30 years of service turning wrenches unless that screwed up somewhere.

But I am not gonna pick o nthis man for his efforts I applaud him for his efforts. He was a lucky one.

As for me I am still in UAE with Lockheed Martin and Believe me it is better than Saudi and it IS AN American Company that you are working for. If you go to Saudi ONLY go their working for an American Company.

Otherwise be prepared to be screwed over.

That's enough for now.

by splitz » 29 Dec 2010, 13:49

I would like to chime in. I know 2 individuals in Khamis that are not renewing their contract and having AEC ship their crap back home. Both individuals had worked in the Kingdom since at least 1985 and were smart by saving their money for the last decade.

Remember, every good thing has to come to an end, and RSAF for the last 2 years at least, was trying to get the enlisted folks to stop depending on the ex-pats to maintain their jets. Well, it took how long?

I was in Khamis from Mar 09-Mar-10 it wasn't really that bad of a gig with AEC, I has ZERO problems, and I was making $55k as a non-7 level. But with the contract change over, ASA really have fucked the TSP program up. If I was everybody, I would shy away from it at this point. Let the RSAF fail, then they will realize that they fucked up then they will need more people and offer more $ if the economy improves in the US.

Good luck all.

by mc5wes » 29 Dec 2010, 20:23

This the standard operating procedure for the RSAF. It was like that in At Taif on the Bell 212 helicopters.

Once all the planes are grounded because the RSAF mechanics order a whole new wing to fix a bad wing tip light bulb. Then Boeing will be called.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by 0311 » 01 Jan 2011, 19:07

I hear old AL SALAM is micro managing the Site Managers ... the Site Managers have no say or input.

A friend of mine that is still there told me they gave out the insurance cards to their employees but no one has the slightest idea on what is covered.
He thinks it might be as bad as AEC gave them and that was BUPA the bottom grade for TCN's....

AL SALAM just tells their employees its good insurance that you have... but AEC sang the same song when I was there saying the same old BS looks like AL SALAM will do the same.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by F31CrewDawg » 04 Jan 2011, 17:01

Seriously can anyone shed a little lite on Tabuk. What type of aircraft, living conditions etc.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by JetTest » 04 Jan 2011, 19:15

I think right now they are still -220 F15's. Small town, no idea of expat housing.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by F31CrewDawg » 13 Jan 2011, 02:57

Is anyone here familiar with conditions at Taif. Ive heard that Al Gaim is a pretty decent compound

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by os7 » 26 Jan 2011, 19:07

Climbing back on the aircraft as a technician is big change from sitting at a desk drinking coffee and talking epr's and passing PT. You must commit to returning to work, not a position, and higher ranking NCO's have quite a problem with maintenance as they age. Just food for thought. I was in Saudi back with McDonnell Douglas in the 80’s and sitting back reading the forums I have noticed nothing has changed. The complaints are all but too familiar. We left when the RSAF starting cutting back on amenities. The final straw the RSAF cut the power in the afternoon’s (hottest part of the day) while our wives and children were sitting at home… that is the maintenance personnel wives and children. The General Manager and subordinates homes were left untouched. If you have not been in Saudi during the summer months with no A/C then you haven’t lived. Maintenance personnel are used to hardships (or should be) but if you have a contract and in that contract it stipulates that homes will be air conditioned then live up to the written word. There was a mass exodus during this time and we had a very competent, quality workforce. Those that came on board during our exit were in dire straits for work and had to deal with having no medical support personnel… that’s correct. No medical personnel to attend to you or your family, you were on your own. If you or a family member became ill then you could always try the downtown Saudi medical hospital. While waiting for our 90 day notice to expire so we could exit sand land, they (the new company) lost a new employee (retired chief) to a bleeding ulcer. Poor b@stard went to get assistance from the Doc and PA on the A3 compound that evening and had to be turned away. Died that night. He was found the next morning. The clinic personnel felt awful and of course were disgusted. They in turn left shortly after that… more stories to tell if anyone is interested.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by F31CrewDawg » 27 Jan 2011, 16:07

Hey os7. Alot you say may be true. But I did a 1 year stint at Dahahran, it wasn't that bad, but that was 4 years ago and alot has changed. Now being offered slot at TAIF, but with a whole shiite load of conditions. Man I dont know what to do. Never had probs with medical or A/C. Now these hiring folks want letters of committment saying if you do not deploy you will have to pony up some dough. Man its rough, just sharing. Can you shed any lite on TAIF??

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by os7 » 27 Jan 2011, 19:20

Same sh*t was going down at all the bases when I was there but that was some 25 years+ past. I was at Taif for a bit and it and Khamis were the better places to be if one was to stay in Kingdom. Pay back funds if you don't deploy? Things have changed now haven't they... I can tell you that I was considering, last year, of returning to the sand box and received an email from the following Parts Inc. Here is my post from 09' "The latest and greatest contract is picked up by a company called Parts Inc., located out of Atlanta. Employees salaries will be paid in American Dollars, forward to your checking out in a American Bank of your choice. Supposedly, this program (3yr contract) will mirror Peace Hawk(F-5) and Peace Sun(F-15). That's all I know for now."
Wish I could be of more assistance.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by F31CrewDawg » 28 Jan 2011, 18:13

OS7 you have been of assistance. I guess it boils down to how bad one needs the money.

by barbarossa43 » 08 Feb 2011, 06:15

TO ALL YOU FORMER AND PRESENT ALSALAM EMPLOYEES SHOULD YOU WISH TO DISCUSS YOUR DESIRE FOR A PAY RAISE OR INCREASE OF BENEFITS UNDER YOUR CURRENT CONTRACT CALL HIM PERSONALLY EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER BUSINESS HOURS. THE REQUEST WILL BE CONSIDERED ON A CASE BY CASE PERSONAL BASIS. MR. WAYNE KAPLAR, ALSALAM AIRCRAFT COMPANY, CFO, COO, may be reached personally at ARIZONA COMPOUND, Riyadh, KSA at his private residence telephone number +966-1-248-4444 ext 174 after business hours and before business hours or come by and visit him personnally at Villa 174, ARIZONA COMPOUND at the same time frame. He relates that he will be more than HAPPY to meet with or receive calls anytime from anyone who personally wish to discuss any perceived dicrepancies that you may have as a ALSALAM AIRCRAFT COMPANY EMPLOYEE.

by saudscks » 27 Feb 2011, 01:40

Anyone have any info on Tabuk? Living conditions etc would be great!!!!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by os7 » 28 Feb 2011, 14:44

for Thomas Prestwood, food for thought.

"Past experience shows a company makes six figures per year, per employee (then McDonnell Douglas) made $125K per sign-on. Flight line employees were paid, and I'm talking strictly APG now, $50K, that included housing, and transportation to and from work, house hold storage in a environmentally controlled facility (stateside), medical, (unless you were retired military), and dental. The employee paid for food (wife, kids if he had any) plus, you paid for your private vehicle, if you elected to purchase one. You could take the shuttle to and from work and downtown to do shopping (there's your transportation). Remember kids, there is the good ol' boy factor working in each and every one of these overseas assignments, so be forewarned. Mind you, the above is some 25 years past, but as you cruise through the net you will find nothing has changed except the name of the companies that hold the present contract. The housing and compounds are quite adequate and safe, but you will be living and working with the same people EVERY day. Again, this is some 20 years past; retirees had a loathing for the "Air Force 4 year dropouts" although the dropouts performed all the manual labor. Keep your personal business to yourself and be careful who you decide to befriend. People can and will use anything you share with them against you. One last note, take home pay was $36K tax free.

PreviousNext