What is the credibility of this piece of news?

Discuss the F-35 Lightning II
Elite 4K
Elite 4K

by wrightwing » 09 Nov 2019, 00:27

I'm sure Italy and the UK have flown their F-35s against their Typhoons by now. I haven't seen new Typhoon orders.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by blindpilot » 09 Nov 2019, 00:27

sprstdlyscottsmn wrote:They "They wanted to validate stuff" comment sticks out to me. This may have been similar to the CLAW test where the F-35 pilots wanted to see how a particular maneuver worked on an adversary as fierce as the Tiffy, and it didn't work as well as they hoped.

^ This

It's likely some things did work and some didn't, but they are exploring how best to use a new fighter. As an aside pilots don't usually brag about killing baby seals. They do shout about how they got a polar bear once ... That doesn't mean they want to go out the next day and wrestle that polar bear for real however ... :shock:

I once soared over the top of a rising thunderstorm way to close to 50,000 ft and losing airspeed. Yay me. I'll NEVER EVER NEVER even think about trying that again... just sayin... there's braggin .. and then there is reality.

MHO,
BP

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sprstdlyscottsmn » 11 Nov 2019, 05:21

blindpilot wrote:I once soared over the top of a rising thunderstorm way to close to 50,000 ft and losing airspeed. Yay me. I'll NEVER EVER NEVER even think about trying that again... just sayin... there's braggin .. and then there is reality.

MHO,
BP

Woah! That must have been a sight to see, once!
"Spurts"

-Pilot
-Aerospace Engineer
-Army Medic
-FMS Systems Engineer
-PFD Systems Engineer
-PATRIOT Systems Engineer

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by Corsair1963 » 11 Nov 2019, 06:29

wrightwing wrote:I'm sure Italy and the UK have flown their F-35s against their Typhoons by now. I haven't seen new Typhoon orders.

At last count over 955 Allied Pilots have been trained to fly the F-35. With the vast majority flying Eagles, Harriers, Hornets, Super Hornets, Vipers, and Typhoons. Yet, haven't heard a single one preferring to fly anything other than a F-35.

Yet, if the critics have something to the contrary. I for one am all ears.... :wink:

Previous