The trouble with the basement dwellers

Discuss the F-35 Lightning II
Banned

by charlielima223 » 17 Apr 2016, 04:51

KamenRiderBlade wrote:I wanna see:

Gums, SMSgtMac, SpazSinbad, JohnWill, BlindPilot, XanderCrews

vs

Pierre Sprey, Tyler Rogoway, Bill Sweetman, Don Bacon, David Axe, Eric Palmer

In a JSF speech & debate contest with the internet as their audience.

That would be one heck of an argument.

Why have Don Bacon in there? When compared to the others in that group he has got to be the most mentally and emotionally challenged. Besides they would just accuse them of being puppets for the "Military Industrial Complex" because they wont be able to keep up on an intellectual and personal experience level...

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by KamenRiderBlade » 17 Apr 2016, 05:26

Don Bacon shouts loud across the interwebs, and idiots listen.

Banned

by charlielima223 » 17 Apr 2016, 06:50

KamenRiderBlade wrote:Don Bacon shouts loud across the interwebs, and idiots listen.

Make enough noise and someone or anyone will listen.

If someone with no background or experience such fields make enough noise or puts out enough fluff pieces they are considered "experts". If someone else with actual background experience does the same thing they are immediately damned as shills on a payroll...

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by KamenRiderBlade » 17 Apr 2016, 09:59

charlielima223 wrote:If someone with no background or experience such fields make enough noise or puts out enough fluff pieces they are considered "experts". If someone else with actual background experience does the same thing they are immediately damned as shills on a payroll...

The problem with the internet is that SJW's & wannabe femminists have a tendency to work as a giant angry mob and have affected negative change in the real world without actual consideration to what is truly correct & just in this world.

With enough idiots shouting out loud, I fear what may happen.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by arrow-nautics » 17 Apr 2016, 10:14

Oh the irony! The fact this thread appears to be the hottest on the board must drive the critics nuts. The program is now doing so very well the only news to publish is posts from these fools.

https://warisboring.com/israel-prefers-f-15-silent-eagles-to-more-f-35s-ca9789521b6f#.s3pxyx7ro

David Axe must be so pleased he's totally wrong...

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/israel-holds-firm-on-increasing-f-35-purchase-424268/

Now, the Silent Eagle deal is still in flux due to Qatar etc etc. Maybe Israel acquires them...or some. But we all know when Axe wrote it, it was intended by him as a hint or suggestion to the basement dwellers that it would mean less F-35s.

How you feeling Dave? :devil:
There's an old rule among many in the fighter procurement business: "Too Early to Tell, Too Late to Stop".

by les_paul59 » 17 Apr 2016, 15:16

The silent eagle could have been a interesting 4.5 gen upgrade in the late 90's or early 2000's, and it could probably be on par with the rafale and typhoon.

It can't compare on any level to the effectiveness of an f-35 in the strike role, because remember the silent eagle is an f-15e with conformal weapons bay.....people try to make it out as an air to air world beater, but at it's core it's a strike eagle with a decent ram coating.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 17 Apr 2016, 17:52

arrow-nautics wrote:
How you feeling Dave? :devil:

He's fine believe me. Accuracy and honesty are not his intentions. Guys like Dave say 10 things and wait for one of them to be true, so they can say "i told you so," and then "forget" about the other 9 things that didn't pan out

It's click bait journalism with no professinal standards. If he ever felt bad about it, he would have chosen something else to do with his life
Choose Crews

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by KamenRiderBlade » 17 Apr 2016, 18:55

That's why it's up to folks like us to make him look like the "Village Idiot".

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 17 Apr 2016, 19:02

meatshield wrote:

vs

Id pay money to see that! :devil:

I appreciate the compliment, that's a nice crew to be included with. Probably wouldn't be worth the money though these guys get confronted all the time and just fall back on the "paid schill" routine. They can't win the argument, so they try and discredit the messenger. It's happening more and more frequently as more good news starts to leak. Don Bacon always fell back on the DOT&E reports but even Gilmore is saying positive things now so... ? Is anyone not bribed!? Lol
Choose Crews

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by KamenRiderBlade » 17 Apr 2016, 20:04

XanderCrews wrote:
meatshield wrote:

vs

Id pay money to see that! :devil:

I appreciate the compliment, that's a nice crew to be included with. Probably wouldn't be worth the money though these guys get confronted all the time and just fall back on the "paid schill" routine. They can't win the argument, so they try and discredit the messenger. It's happening more and more frequently as more good news starts to leak. Don Bacon always fell back on the DOT&E reports but even Gilmore is saying positive things now so... ? Is anyone not bribed!? Lol

So how do we get the funding for this without using any military related sources so they can't accuse us of being a "Paid Schill"? That's our problem. The logistics between 10 people would be tricky.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 17 Apr 2016, 22:30

So how do we get the funding for this without using any military related sources so they can't accuse us of being a "Paid Schill"? That's our problem. The logistics between 10 people would be tricky.

If you actually look into this stuff there are people are paid to slag a product by the very same company they are slagging so that people will rise to the products defense, and create a sense that it's well regarded... by that token Don Bacon could be paid by LM lol.

I was told once online that me being a Marine meant my opinion shouldn't count since I was jaded by actual experience apparently. Funny how with some subjects it's "ask the guys who use it!!" But then when they get an answer they font lIke we are suddenly "too biased"

I would love to see what some of these guys looked like and debate them in person where they can't run and can't hide, but that's not ever going to happen.

You need to remember that there is always going to be a certain population out there that will never believe things no matter how much evidence is presented to counter them. All the 9/11 conspiracy nuts, UFO abductees, moon landing fakers etc. It's not a coincidence that these folks are all working each other up into a frenzy at the same places. Don Bacon comments where he does for a reason, because he can find other people of the same mind. Or look at BF4C same nutters saying the same things over and over. Eventually they will get bored and move onto the next thing, in the case of the super hornet the guys that bashed it 10 years ago are now telling us how great it is, especially compared to the F-35!

The same people who fell for this stuff in the 1980s are falling for it today. Some are new to it, but most are easily mislead by the same logical fallacies. In the meantime people who actually do things instead of just talking about them are making a difference. Just like F-22 just like super hornet just like osprey.
Choose Crews

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by KamenRiderBlade » 18 Apr 2016, 00:27

Let's not forget the Zumwalt Class Destroyer, the F-22 / F-35 of the high seas.

Is there any chance of the US Navy undoing some of the cancellations and making 12 of them once they prove their worth?

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sferrin » 18 Apr 2016, 03:14

KamenRiderBlade wrote:Let's not forget the Zumwalt Class Destroyer, the F-22 / F-35 of the high seas.

Is there any chance of the US Navy undoing some of the cancellations and making 12 of them once they prove their worth?

IMO they're going to have to look REAL hard at the Zumwalt hull when it comes time to replace the Ticos because a Flight III Burke ain't gonna cut it. It's already 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound sack. When railguns finally come online the only ships that will actually be able to handle them will be the Zumwalts.
"There I was. . ."

Banned

by tincansailor » 18 Apr 2016, 06:07

KamenRiderBlade wrote:Let's not forget the Zumwalt Class Destroyer, the F-22 / F-35 of the high seas.

Sorry the Zumwalt like the LCS is a failed concept. The only reason they even built 3 was as a favor to the GOP Senator from Maine. DD-1000 was a mishmash idea of new radars, stealth, new hull shape, new computer combat system, new gun to be followed by a rail gun. None of it worked too well, and the cost was prohibitive. The navy doesn't believe it is capable of ether fleet area, or ballistic missile defense. If you want a 155mm rail gun to support marine landings you can do it a lot cheaper then having to build a multi Billion Dollar ship to mount it on.

In this case common sense prevailed and they decided to continue to upgrade the very successful, and cost effective Burke Class Destroyers. They'll soon be starting construction on the Flight III version. The hull might be becoming a bit cramped though for all the increased cooling equipment, and they could accommodate only an increase from 12 to 14ft in the size of the fixed radar antenna.

It is reaching the end of it's growth potential. It might have been better to ether design a new cruiser or as was suggested use a modified LPD-17 hull to accommodate more powerful radars for BMD. An LPD-17 hull could accommodate a lot of VLSs. The Zumwalt on the other hand was design going nowhere, and spending a lot of money doing it.

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by count_to_10 » 20 Apr 2016, 00:21

Sadly, I'm going to have to include this one:
http://hotair.com/archives/2016/04/19/g ... -computer/

I usually like the site, but the article author has swallowed the "Reformer" crap whole.
Einstein got it backward: one cannot prevent a war without preparing for it.

Uncertainty: Learn it, love it, live it.

PreviousNext