Pentagon hides evidence of $125 billion in bureaucratic wast

If you feel you absolutely must talk about cars, morality, or anything else not related to the F-16, do it here.
Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by KamenRiderBlade » 06 Dec 2016, 05:51

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html

This doesn't surprise me, and SMSgt Mac and other veterans here have already shown me in previous post about the amount of pointless paper pushers inside the Pentagon.

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by count_to_10 » 07 Dec 2016, 03:24

The article I read on this mentioned two mitigating things. One was that the "$125B" was more conjecture than details. The other was that the pentagon actually implemented some of the suggestions already.
Einstein got it backward: one cannot prevent a war without preparing for it.

Uncertainty: Learn it, love it, live it.

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by KamenRiderBlade » 07 Dec 2016, 08:07

count_to_10 wrote:The article I read on this mentioned two mitigating things. One was that the "$125B" was more conjecture than details. The other was that the pentagon actually implemented some of the suggestions already.

Can you link your article?

by mrigdon » 07 Dec 2016, 13:37

Link?

:-/

We live in a post-fact era. Just say something, anything, and it's true.

Trump has saved us $125 Billion dollars in Pentagon waste.

Trump has saved us 4 Billion dollars in waste concerning the contract for the new Air Force One!!!

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sferrin » 07 Dec 2016, 14:17

mrigdon wrote:Link?

:-/

We live in a post-fact era. Just say something, anything, and it's true.

Trump has saved us $125 Billion dollars in Pentagon waste.

Trump has saved us 4 Billion dollars in waste concerning the contract for the new Air Force One!!!

"President Trump" :lmao:
"There I was. . ."

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by count_to_10 » 08 Dec 2016, 00:58

KamenRiderBlade wrote:
count_to_10 wrote:The article I read on this mentioned two mitigating things. One was that the "$125B" was more conjecture than details. The other was that the pentagon actually implemented some of the suggestions already.

Can you link your article?

This is actually a different article, but it hits the same points:
http://www.defensenews.com/articles/dod ... sted-funds
The Washington Post story, which alleged that the report was buried, was based upon a document that Defense News reported about in January of 2015, noted Press Secretary Josh Earnest, "an indication that this is a document that was available to other members of the public, including other journalists who carefully cover the Pentagon."

"I’ll also point out that, at least as of this morning, the report was available to anybody in the world that had a live Internet connection and a relatively modern Web browser because it was available at the Pentagon website," he added.

In January 2015, Defense News reported that the Pentagon's Defense Business Board recommended the department slash $125 billion in spending over the next five years by reducing services from contractors, implementing early retirements, reworking contracts and reducing administrative costs.
A defense official, who spoke to Defense News on condition of anonymity prior to the release of an official response from the Pentagon, praised the internal report as having "some good points."

"We don't hate the report," the official said. "The problem is the lack of — well, it's the very vague recommendations in the report. ... It doesn't get into the specifics we need."

Oh, and the report was apparently totally out in the open and not in any way buried or hidden; literally two year old news.
Einstein got it backward: one cannot prevent a war without preparing for it.

Uncertainty: Learn it, love it, live it.

Banned

by arian » 13 Dec 2016, 01:18

Useless click-bait article.

The Pentagon spends $52 billion on "supply chain and logistics" = waste!

The Pentagon employs 450,000 people for "supply chain and logistics" = paper pushers!