F-16 AFTI 1/48: need tail logo

Here you can discuss paint schemes, kit details etc. for flying and non-flying scale models.

by graziano_1963 » 17 Aug 2007, 21:21

I'm Graziano from Italy.
I would to build up a F-16 AFTI in 1/48 but I don't know where to find the decals to be placed in the TAIL with the AFTI's program logo.
Until now I was lucky to find a 1/72 decals that I take on with a scanner and enlarge then print in a homemade decal sheet.

This time with the AFTI it's hard: I'm unable of to find commercial decals with the tail's logo.

I would to know if nobody has never made a sheet in 72 or 48 for the AFTI.
I have heard of 1/72 conversion made yars ago by someone in the USA but I can't find info on it.

Any help????
Thanks in advance.
GM

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by habu2 » 18 Aug 2007, 00:05

IPMS did decals in 1:72 many many years ago. To my knowledge AFTI markings have not been done commercially in any other scale.
Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by ViperEnforcer » 28 Aug 2007, 23:56

I had mine done in 48th by Muroc Models on an ALPs. He does not have the artwork anymore, but it's not that hard to do from what he said.

There is a conversion coming out that will have the decals, but it wont be out till around mid 08.

Mike V
If it yanks, banks, turns, and burns, Crew Chiefs made it happen!

by graziano_1963 » 29 Aug 2007, 13:48

ViperEnforcer wrote:I had mine done in 48th by Muroc Models on an ALPs. He does not have the artwork anymore, but it's not that hard to do from what he said.

I admit that for one that make decals by work is a easy task to reproduce a drawing but I have looked at the logo AFTI in the tail and It look a bit hard to reproduce with a pc's drawing program.
For this reason I dream of to find the original conversion by IPMS DAYTON, I think that this conversion should to have the AFTI LOGO.

There is a conversion coming out that will have the decals, but it wont be out till around mid 08.

Stop here! You must to give me some details about this future conversion!