New and improved forum

What's new on F-16.net?
Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 12 Dec 2013, 20:48

I'm listed as having a 'WARNING' - however I find no information about this. What is the deal? Yes I recall having a warning but what is the reference? Three strikes and I'm out or what?

When will avatars be enabled.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by Roscoe » 13 Dec 2013, 04:33

I used to be have a link that took me directly to the New Posts page....clue how to reproduce that?
Roscoe
F-16 Program Manager
USAF Test Pilot School 92A

"It's time to get medieval, I'm goin' in for guns" - Dos Gringos

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 13 Dec 2013, 16:34

spazsinbad wrote:I'm listed as having a 'WARNING' - however I find no information about this. What is the deal? Yes I recall having a warning but what is the reference? Three strikes and I'm out or what?

No worries. I probably was testing with that functionality. It's because a post of you was reported as being off topic I think.

spazsinbad wrote:When will avatars be enabled.

Avatars are available now to all users. Please have a try.

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 13 Dec 2013, 16:43

Roscoe wrote:I used to be have a link that took me directly to the New Posts page....clue how to reproduce that?

You mean this link? search.php?search_id=newposts

If you think it's a good idea to have it, we can add it to the front page again.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 13 Dec 2013, 19:06

Thanks for the updates / info etc. Today I had this message again when first going to my usual forum link:

viewforum.php?f=65
"Information
You are not authorised to read this forum."

However clicking the same URL again I saw what was there - no problems - which is usually my experience.

And.... the avatar is online - thanks - I see other avatars also. :D

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by F16VIPER » 15 Dec 2013, 20:28

Hi guys. Can you please provide an edit button as a couple of mistakes I made in my last post cannot be edited.

Thank you.

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 16 Dec 2013, 22:42

F16VIPER wrote:Hi guys. Can you please provide an edit button as a couple of mistakes I made in my last post cannot be edited.

You have 48 hours now to edit a post (before only 2 hours). After that edits are not possible anymore. If you would like a particular change now anyway, just let us know via webmaster@f-16.net.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 11 Jan 2014, 16:57

And I like this link now - shows the ACTIVE TOPICS below the F-35 sub sections.

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 11 Jan 2014, 19:42

spazsinbad wrote:Avatars are good

Yes, so far only 4 people use it. Who will be number 5? Add your avatar now. :P

spazsinbad wrote:I like this link now - shows the ACTIVE TOPICS below the F-35 sub sections.

Yes, we activated the option 'Active topics'. So you don't have to go dive in each of the subforums anymore to keep up with everything.

There's even the option to see all active topics forum wide.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by FlightDreamz » 12 Jan 2014, 03:52

No longer get updates to topics, I've either posted in or subscribe to. Clicking "bookmark topic" or "subscribe topic" doesn't make a difference. :bang: Looked at the User Control panel can't find anything amiss (but don't see what email address answers are being sent to either).
New forum rejects my old icon as well :cry:
A fighter without a gun . . . is like an airplane without a wing.— Brigadier General Robin Olds, USAF.

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 12 Jan 2014, 13:00

FlightDreamz wrote:No longer get updates to topics, I've either posted in or subscribe to. Clicking "bookmark topic" or "subscribe topic" doesn't make a difference. :bang: Looked at the User Control panel can't find anything amiss (but don't see what email address answers are being sent to either).
New forum rejects my old icon as well :cry:

Only 'Subscribe' will notify you of updates via email. You can always manage your subscriptions.

You can also manage your bookmarks via the user control panel.

I will send you a PM with regard to your email address and avatar.

Thanks for the feedback as this really helps us to improve the forum!

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 12 Jan 2014, 22:07

Lieven wrote:'Subscribe' will notify you of updates via email. You can always manage your subscriptions.

Anyone else who either does or does not successfully receive emails for forum topics he's subscribed to?

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by F16VIPER » 01 Feb 2014, 22:41

Hi guys, can I please suggest two improvements:

print all pages: can you introduce a header with the full web address at the top and when printing that indicates the topic number and title as default name for printing. at the moment I only get www. f-16.net.

allow the use of right and left arrow keyboard keys when seeing individual photos in the gallery section, instead of constantly clicking the next and previous arrows. Too much clicking and my finger is going to fall out.
regards and thank you for the great job done.

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Stefaan » 02 Feb 2014, 13:44

F16VIPER wrote:
allow the use of right and left arrow keyboard keys when seeing individual photos in the gallery section, instead of constantly clicking the next and previous arrows. Too much clicking and my finger is going to fall out.
regards and thank you for the great job done.

Done - only works when viewing individual photos though. This is very convenient actually, thanks for the suggestion :-)

stefaan
Stefaan Vanhastel
F-16.net Webmaster.

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 02 Feb 2014, 17:19

F16VIPER wrote:Hi guys, can I please suggest two improvements:

Please, we love suggestions. Especially good ones. :-)

F16VIPER wrote:print all pages: can you introduce a header with the full web address at the top and when printing that indicates the topic number and title as default name for printing. at the moment I only get www.f-16.net.

This makes sense but we don't want to put too much development time in a feature that potentially kills a few trees. We'll put it on our list but might take a while.

Any has any other suggestions to further improve this website or this forum?

PreviousNext