March 9, 2010 (by Stefaan Vanhastel) - As you have probably noticed, we redesigned the F-16.net homepage. The new design not only looks more attractive and fresh, it also features a lot of new content, including the latest pilots and crew chiefs to submit their profile, a random aircraft profile from our F-16 Hall of Fame, a random unit profile and a real-time fleet status report.
A quick overview of the most important changes:
- Tabbed news
- All news is now displayed in the top left corner, with a tab for every news category: F-16, F-22, F-35. The category "Site News" is new, and we'll use it to keep you informed about what's going on at F-16.net. The tab system will remember your tab selection, so you'll alsways see your favourite news first.
- F-16 Hall of Fame
- This shows a random aircraft from our F-16 Hall of Fame - a selection of the most interesting aircraft profiles in our F-16 Aircraft Database. If you know any other interesting F-16s, please let us know and we'll add them!
- F-16 Fleet Report
- This bar graph shows a real-time inventory of the wordwide F-16 fleet, and shows how many F-16s are active, stored, scrapped, etc. The graph is continupusly updated from our F-16 Aircraft Database. You can find more real-time fleet reports in our new F-16 Fleet Reports section.
- F-16 Unit Profile
- A random aircraft drawing and unit patch from our F-16 Units section. Enjoy the artwork of Berry Vissers from Squadronprints!
- Sierra Hotel - F-16 Pilot Profiles
- Shows the latest pilots to reach flying hour milestones - from 1,000 hours all the way up to 6,000 hours. You can see more than 2,500 pilot profiles in our Sierra Hotel section. Not in the list? Submit your flying hours here!
- F-16 Crew Chief Profiles
- Shows the latest Crew Chiefs to submit their profile on F-16.net. We have about 750 Crew Chiefs in our F-16 Crew Chiefs section today - if you're not on the list, you can create your Crew chief profile here!.
As always, feedback is much appreciated (use the comment fields below), and enjoy!