335 Mira ( HAF)
" Tigris (Tigers)"
||335 Mira " Tigris (Tigers)" ( HAF)|
|Version:||F-16C/D block 52|
|Badge:||A tiger on a blue background.|
Operations on the F-16 started in the course of 2009. The transition to the F-16 for this squadron will mean a major leap in technology since they were used to fly with the vintage A-7 Corsair II. The main tasks of the squadron will remain as before, multirole. The squadron will fly the most advanced block within the HAF and even within other NATO forces. Since the F-16 history of 335 Mira has just started, more info will become available over the coming years.
Aircraft Markings History
The tail sports the Greek flag in the center with the serial below it.
- 1941: Activation of the squadron in Akir, British Mandate of Palestine
- 1941: 'Hurricane' Mk. IIB (part of 339 Wing (RAF))
- 1942: 'Hurricane' Mk. IIC (Mediterranean theatre)
- 1943: 'Spitfire' Mk. VB
- 1944: 'Spitfire' Mk. VC
- 1944: 'Spitfire' Mk. VC (Hassani)
- 1945: 'Spitfire' Mk. VC (Sedes)
- 1947: 'Spitfire' Mk. IX
- 1953: F-84G 'Thunderjet' (part of 112CW, Elefsis)
- 1953: F-84G 'Thunderjet' (part of 111CW, Néa Anghialos)
- 1957: F-84F 'Thunderstreak' (part of 110CW, Lárissa)
- 1960: F-84F 'Thunderstreak' (part of 114CW, Tanagra)
- 1965: F-104G 'Starfighter'
- 1977: F-104G 'Starfighter' (part of 116CW, Araxos)
- 1993: A-7E 'Corsair II'
- 2009: F-16C/D 'Fighting Falcon'