Fighter Jet News
F-35 Lightning II News
Second F-35 arrives at Patuxent River
December 29, 2009 (by Eric L. Palmer) - According to a Twitter post by Aviation Week's Graham Warwick, another F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) has arrived at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Maryland.
Known as BF-2, this second short take-off and landing (STOVL) variant will join BF-1 which recently returned to flight after some scheduled repairs. Along with other requirements, this will mark the beginning of a series of flight tests to show proof of vertical landing with the F-35B STOVL aircraft.
- F-35 Joint Strike Fighter critics fail history ( 2009-12-28)
- UK approves third F-35B Joint Strike Fighter ( 2009-12-22)
- Secretary of the Navy checks out F-35 ( 2009-12-21)
- F-35 Lightning II news archive
- Start a discussion about this article in the F-35 forum.