Iraqi pilot gets second look at F-16

Discussions about F-16.net news articles. A topic is created automatically whenever someone posts a comment in the F-16 News section.
  • Author

NewsBot

F-16.net Moderator

F-16.net Moderator

Unread post10 Jan 2005, 20:33

This is a discussion topic for the F-16.net news article: "<a href="news_article1268.html" target="_top">Iraqi pilot gets second look at F-16</A>". You can read the <a href="index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1980.html" target="_top">full forum discussion</A> in the F-16.net forum.

Meathook

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post10 Jan 2005, 20:33

We are far too easy going...given the chance, this clown would not have been so understanding to one of "our" pilots.

I say show him the heal of your boot and give him a swift kick in the a$$! We never learn...do we.

I know, there will be someone out there that says forgive and forget...I say that is crap...don't forget this guy wanted us dead too and learn from it, share nothing with ex-Iraqi pilots....Show him the door or a good sized ten and half sized boot in his a$$...I trust none of them.

Sorry....lessons learned!
More than likely have "been there and done that at some point", it sure keeps you young if done correctly

Bjorn

F-16.net Webmaster

F-16.net Webmaster

Unread post10 Jan 2005, 21:26

Thomas,

Isn't that a little harch?
I mean with this. The US is going to deliver brandnew advanced F-16s to Poland as well. If I recall correctly, and yes I was already born at that time, before 1989 those guys weren't our friends either.

Greets,
Bjorn Claes
F-16.net Editor
Photo Library Admin
Aircraft Database Admin

marco9

Banned

Unread post26 Aug 2007, 14:40

I'm wondering if this story is true...

If it's true... it seems that the first aerial victory for USAF F-16s wasn't on 27th December 1992.

When did it happen? in 1991, desert storm, OK, but, on what day?
Who were the F-16s pilots?
Did the pilots claim a "mig kill"? If not, why not?
Why there isn't any information about this on the web?

On March 1991, I know there were 2 or three iraqi aircraft shot down by F-15C... One of them was a defenceless PC-9, whose pilot ejected after seeing a Su-22 being brought down by a US AAM.

This story with F-16 is very similiar.

I'm wondering if it's an advertising stunt by US Govt...

seat_dreamer

Unread post07 Sep 2007, 17:00

This topic dates back from the Desert Storm too :P

In any case, I don't know if it will get locked, but don't forget nothing was fired at him, so that could not count as a "kill". I wonder if it can be claimed as a "maneuver kill" - and if such kills count in the tally lol. On a side not, he probably got in the HAS, he was put down on a Viper seat and was told "Look at this cute jet" for 10 minutes, while they brought the photographer, and when he was photographed smiling like a child in the Viper (MiG-23 to Viper should be like Ford Focus to Dodge Viper lol), then sent him on his way...No harm done on either sides (and the "all is good, people love us" image of the US armed forces was reinforced too ;) ).
"144-0 kill ratio.....Ok 144-1 but that's 1 compared to your entire airforce."

Lurch

Unread post07 Sep 2007, 18:08

I second Meathook.

As a Gulf War Vet, I didn't like them then, I don't like them now, I'll never like them. Call them insurgents or whatever title they get, but they are still Iraqis killing US Service Men and Women. If they are killing our forces, then they are no friend of mine.
Crew Chief
Torrejon 614th Lucky Devils 87-0248
Homestead/Moody 307th Stingers 89-2054 (Comander's CC)

stutler

Unread post07 Sep 2007, 19:20

Lurch wrote:I second Meathook.

As a Gulf War Vet, I didn't like them then, I don't like them now, I'll never like them. Call them insurgents or whatever title they get, but they are still Iraqis killing US Service Men and Women. If they are killing our forces, then they are no friend of mine.

I totally agree with ya. Well said. :thumb:
Crew Chief
Macdill 61
Torrejon 614 Lucky Devil 87-0242
Homestead 307
Selfridge 127
F-16 A/B/C/D

marco9

Banned

Unread post07 Sep 2007, 20:02

Also that PC-9 wasn't fired upon (and no one said anything to him), but it was a manouver kill. Also an EF-111 got a manouver kill crashing a MiG while fleeing.
I can find information on the web about those kills... but this close call is a ghost.

I don't believe it's a real story. As seat_dreamer said
"the "all is good, people love us" image of the US armed forces was reinforced too"... yes it a advertising stunt by US Govt. Someone took a passing-by iraqi gave him 20 $ and said to him:"other 20 if you smile and do this this and that"... and he did.[/quote]

akruse21

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post07 Sep 2007, 20:20

marco9 wrote:Also that PC-9 wasn't fired upon (and no one said anything to him), but it was a manouver kill. Also an EF-111 got a manouver kill crashing a MiG while fleeing.
I can find information on the web about those kills... but this close call is a ghost.

I don't believe it's a real story. As seat_dreamer said
"the "all is good, people love us" image of the US armed forces was reinforced too"... yes it a advertising stunt by US Govt. Someone took a passing-by iraqi gave him 20 $ and said to him:"other 20 if you smile and do this this and that"... and he did.

Wow, I think you're reaching on that one.

Return to F-16 News