CAMS IMDS Web Page

Operating an F-16 on the ground or in the air - from the engine start sequence, over replacing a wing, to aerial refueling procedures
  • Author

mc5wes

Unread post23 Jun 2012, 01:15

I am looking for some training information for CAMS. Stuff like Screen numbers, Taking time, Pulling forms.

Any one know of a good web page?

Weasel_Keeper

Unread post16 Jul 2012, 06:27

There's an IMDS course in IDLS. ;)

We have some cheat sheets at work, I'll see about making a copy. I'm not having any luck finding a web page with them.

A few I know off the top of my head...

380 - snapshot of your 781A and K. If you include WCEs in the checkbox it expands your write ups, and you can take time/sign off by clicking the DDR link for the JCN or WCE you want to clear.

54 - brings up a good menu where you can create a job, add a WCE, etc.

320 - suppress A or K writeups for clean forms.

207 - print current 781As.

255 - print forms (A, H, K, J) either blank or filled in. Good if you need more 781As if you're broke and need more As.

I'll see about getting the cheat sheet and list the screens here. :)
Cave Putorium!
SoWW #2485

Loader2088

Unread post20 Jul 2012, 17:15

As a traditional Guardsman I avoided this like the plague. Got to the be least user friendly, least intuitive thing I ever saw. There was always a helpful Technician or Active Associate to do it right. :D

Weasel_Keeper

Unread post29 Jul 2012, 07:42

Loader2088 wrote:As a traditional Guardsman I avoided this like the plague. Got to the be least user friendly, least intuitive thing I ever saw. There was always a helpful Technician or Active Associate to do it right. :D

Helpful ANG Technicians (me) even need a cheat sheet sometimes. Still looking for our cheat sheet...STBY1.

BTW Loader...avoiding these things and always asking friendly techs does reflect on how supervisors and peers see you when it comes time for promotion or possible tech jobs. ;)
Cave Putorium!
SoWW #2485

Loader2088

Unread post29 Jul 2012, 19:52

Weasel_Keeper wrote:
Loader2088 wrote:As a traditional Guardsman I avoided this like the plague. Got to the be least user friendly, least intuitive thing I ever saw. There was always a helpful Technician or Active Associate to do it right. :D

Helpful ANG Technicians (me) even need a cheat sheet sometimes. Still looking for our cheat sheet...STBY1.

BTW Loader...avoiding these things and always asking friendly techs does reflect on how supervisors and peers see you when it comes time for promotion or possible tech jobs. ;)

To be honest, there was almost never any call for me or the other "weekenders" to do CAMS so there was no need to ask anyone. We were plenty busy with load barn or flightline duties when there. I was just trying to make a humorous point about the difficulty of the program from what little I saw of it, and I am not at all computer illiterate. I appreciate the advice, but I retired at age 60 as a MSgt and never had the slightest interest in a full time job. I honor and respect the technicians, it's just that I had a full time job I wasn't going to leave.

Return to F-16 Procedures