CF-01 rolled out of paint shop

Discuss photos, special paintschemes and serial numbers of the F-35
  • Author

Happy_Gilmore

Unread post10 Oct 2010, 03:52

[quote="spazsinbad"]Before F-35C was painted... How it was built - good slide show of wing fold mechanisms and suchlike:

That's not CF-1 on Mandos slideshow, it's CF-3.

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

• Warnings: -2

Unread post10 Oct 2010, 04:18

Shock Horror! :D Should have typed: "before AN F-35C was painted" Shock Horror. :D Prove to me it is CF-3 - no - don't bother... :D
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

checksixx

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post10 Oct 2010, 05:54

jetnerd wrote:[edit]: Can't imagine the tail flash and flags & other detail are stealthy, though really nice looking. (having yet to see any F-22's "on duty" or deployment (parked on the ramp at Langley, Guam, Elmendorf etc) with colorful nose art or tail flashes, while I've seen a few old photos of F-14's on intercepts with Russian Bears with said art in place.

Well its parked on the ramp at Langley...temporary though...

USAF F-22A block 20 no. 04-4082 from the 94th FS is pictured with temporary 'Blue Nose' decoration carrying the legacy of the 192d into the 21st century. The nose art duplicates the P-51D flown by Major George Preddy's during WWII while he was commander of the 328th FS. [USAF photo]

Pictured from Left to right are SrA. Jeremy Bales, TSgt. David Buckley, MSgt. Wesley Childress and MSgt. David DeHart from the 192d MXS created the temporary nose art for F-22A block 20 no. 04-4082 the flagship of the 192d FW at Langley AFB, VA. The blue nose stems from Major George Preddy's P-51D during WWII while he was commander of the 328th FS. Maj Preddy was the leading P-51 ace during the war and is shown here flashing 6 fingers signifying his 6 kills during one sortie. [USAF photo]

Happy_Gilmore

Unread post10 Oct 2010, 15:16

If I needed to prove it I wouldn't have said it, it was just a fyi.

jetnerd

Unread post10 Oct 2010, 17:29

checksixx wrote:Well its parked on the ramp at Langley...temporary though...

I knew that there was at least 1 incidence of a Raptor painted up like that, but wouldn't think any were sent up looking like that on missions where RCS might be a concern. Personally I think there have gotta be better decorative/airshow-type paint schemes than that, though I recall that blue nose meant something historically. Thanks for reposting those photos.

I am searching for that awesome PDF that someone on this forum did sometime ago of an F-35A in Thunderbird markings. Not only did the scheme really look good on the jet, the guy who did had some incredible Photoshop skills. If I didn't know better I would have been convinced that it was actually done as an Air Force PR stunt. Despite my Navy past, I would still have saluted the Air Farce if they had done that!

Here's all I found - still awesome.

jetnerd

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post10 Oct 2010, 19:41

"If I needed to prove it I wouldn't have said it, it was just a fyi." Thanks HappyGilmore.
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

SpudmanWP

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post11 Oct 2010, 20:11

If the photos in the slideshow say credit Lockheed Sep 15th 2010. Doesn't that preclude CF-01

bandit66

Unread post12 Oct 2010, 04:11

CF-01 was shown in primer colors with the tail painted up quite a while ago, Im thinking even as far back as six months?....so if its got the tail painted like that AND the grey then Id assume its CF-01. If it only has the grey and no tail paint it might be CF-02 or CF-03.

raameagle

Unread post12 Oct 2010, 09:59

My sources tell me that it is CF-01 too.

Regards

Mark

Asif

F-16.net Editor

F-16.net Editor

Unread post23 Oct 2010, 11:17

F-35C CF-1 returns to flight and is seen here on finals over Lake Worth after receiving its final finishes on October 21st, 2010. Lockheed Martin test pilot Jon Beesley flew the aircraft on its fifteenth flight from NAS JRB Fort Worth. [Photo by David Drais]
Asif Shamim
F-16.net Editorial staff & Patch Gallery Administration

falcon_mr.b

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post23 Oct 2010, 18:03

raameagle wrote:My sources tell me that it is CF-01 too.

Regards

Mark

I just verified with Mando that the pics in the slideshow are of CF-3. In addition, I recognize the interior of the building as Hangar 8 and CF-1 was never in that building.
"Lethal Survivable Supportable Affordable"

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post28 Dec 2010, 00:30

Lockheed Martin Installs DELMIA Simulation Software at New Joint Strike Fighter Facility

http://www.3ds.com/company/news-media/p ... 8ac13d692b

01/06/2005 "IGRIP and UltraPaint to play key role in company’s goal of improving speed, precision and efficiency of robotic paint systems.[/b]

Auburn Hills, Mich., USA – January 6, 2005 - Delmia Corp., a Dassault Systèmes company (Nasdaq: DASTY: Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), today announced that Lockheed Martin and system integrator CTA, Inc., will use its IGRIP resource modelling and simulation software, which includes the UltraPaint option, for off-line programming of robotic paint systems at Lockheed Martin’s new F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) facility in Fort Worth, Texas.

The simulation tools will be used in paint applications and stealth coatings for a variety of F-35 JSF components, including the wing, aft fuselage, forward fuselage, horizontal tail, and vertical tail, as well as multiple small panels and doors. Lockheed Martin is deploying the solution with the goal of improving spray quality and accuracy and increasing profitability.

With IGRIP and UltraPaint, stop station, line tracking and rail tracking applications will be simulated so that accurate robot programs can be downloaded to the robot systems to ensure that paint application is balanced evenly. Users will have the ability to define groups of objects to check for collisions and ensure safe robot trajectories.

Users will also be able to program an entire simulation—including multiple robots, fixtures, and material handing devices—by using a simple graphical programming interface. Furthermore, by evaluating various robot movements and paint parameters digitally, programmers can search for the optimal results without costly prototypes.

“The coating material cannot be sprayed on too heavily due to weight constraints,” said Jason LeFever, applications engineer at Lockheed Martin. “It is crucial for the robots to spray the coating accurately and evenly across the various parts. By using IGRIP, we can now verify that all of the robot motions are correct offline before we implement our processes on the plant floor.”

“The opening of this new facility is the culmination of efforts that began for us back in 2002,” says Steve Milliren, DELMIA account executive. “As the project unfolds, we see our tools playing a key role in Lockheed Martin’s cost-containment goals. IGRIP and its UltraPaint option offer unprecedented reduction in man-hours and process engineering lead-time and minimizes costly prototypes and paint consumption.”

In other areas of JSF production, Lockheed Martin has deployed DELMIA solutions to identify potential problem conditions such as disassembly for inspections, rework, or maintenance. In addition, DELMIA software is also in use for advanced ergonomic analysis of worker performance and aircraft maintainability...."
Previous

Return to F-35 Spotting & Photography