388th Fighter Wing (Hill) Begins External Pylon Training

F-35 Armament, fuel tanks, internal and external hardpoints, loadouts, and other stores.

by amamilaviationspotter » 22 Jul 2017, 08:33

Saw this article posted the other day in my spotter group. (first time posting in the forum so if I make a mistake or posted this in the wrong place, please let me know :D )

http://www.aerotechnews.com/blog/2017/0 ... apability/

As the USAF moves towards 3F with their F-35As later this year and into next year, Hill has started to train weapon load crews on external pylons. Will be great to see some F-35s rocking external stores finally in the near future. Only will increase the capability and flexibility of what this platform can offer outside of the first day of a conflict or in those areas where threats for our air assets isn't a major concern. Will be fun to see in the future what can/will be slung under the wings of these by the USAF and others down the road when future software/hardware upgrade blocks hit and open the variety of weapons up even more. Once 3F hits though, will be interesting to see how fast the Hill birds start working with external stores for that matter.

Found it kind of comical though, the guy that posted this in our group tried to use it as a knock on the platform "so much for stealth". I just laughed.....some of these guys are just hopeless.