F-35 gun INOP until 2019

F-35 Armament, fuel tanks, internal and external hardpoints, loadouts, and other stores.
Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 17 Jan 2015, 17:38

lookieloo wrote:Looks like Dave's now down to writing top-(whatever-number) fluff.

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/4-u ... -now-12055

Wow, just read... could he possibly be any more of a dilettante f#cktard?

http://i45.tinypic.com/t7xusw.gif

Thats an incredible amount of Bullcrap. LOL wow. Someone get this guy away from the keyboard LOL.
Choose Crews

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by luke_sandoz » 17 Jan 2015, 19:55

Poor Dave, it is kinda sad actually.

Dave has devolved into a self P'owning clown level journalist. Maybe he's ill or something, or maybe having substance abuse problems or maybe it could be early onset senility? Because something is not quite right with him. The thinking, the logic . . . It is just so vapid, so shallow, so mundane.

Only time will tell. And to think he could have had a decent career.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by SpudmanWP » 17 Jan 2015, 20:47

lookieloo wrote:Looks like Dave's now down to writing top-(whatever-number) fluff.

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/4-u ... -now-12055

Wow, just read... could he possibly be any more of a dilettante f#cktard?

"Boeing F/A-18A/B/C/D Hornet"

Psst.. Hey Dave, they are and it's called the F-35B/C :)
"The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by neptune » 17 Jan 2015, 21:42

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articl ... ne-408018/

USMC's F-35B can fire missiles when it comes online

By: Dan Parsons
16 Jan 2015

It is still up in the air whether the US Marine Corps will have combat-ready Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning IIs by its "July 1, 2015" deadline for initial operational capability (IOC), but the first 10 jets are now "fully cleared" to fire weapons.

The portion of the 2B software that manages weapons separation has completed the necessary testing, the Pentagon’s Joint Program Office (JPO) announced on 15 January, 2015. The F-35B’s software was validated after several weapons separation tests

“The weapons development program continues to track forward on the plan laid out by the technical baseline review approved in 2010,” Lt. Gen. Chris Bogdan, F-35 programme executive officer, says in a statement. “All weapons tests needed for 2B software, the software the US Marine Corps will use to declare IOC, is complete and will be ready to go for their combat capability certification.”. Older jets will be retrofitted with 3F at a later date.

.Lockheed and the JPO are scrambling to catch up on a month of lost software and flight testing resulting from an engine fire that temporarily grounded the fleet. High-ranking US officials, including JPO chief Lt Gen Christopher Bogdan, Navy Secretary Ray Mabus and Air Force Chief of Staff Gen Mark Welsh have in recent weeks doubled down that the Marines Will have operational jets on or near July 1, 2015.

-Live fire ground testing of the F-35B was completed in early September 2014, the JPO says.
-In October 2014, the F-35B was certified to perform day and night close air support missions with the 2B software.
-Separations testing with a 113kg (250lb) Boeing GBU-39 small diameter bomb was completed 20 November 2014.
-The aircraft also completed flutter testing with the MBDA AIM-132 short-range air-to-air missile and Raytheon Paveway IV laser-guided bombs in late 2014.
-An F-35 also fired two MBDA AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles and a Boeing joint direct attack munition (JDAM) during weapon delivery accuracy tests, marking the first supersonic guided missile launch 2014.
-It also was the first time the F-35 has hit a target with a JDAM using coordinates generated by the electro-optical targeting system (EOTS) 2014.

.Comprehensive flight test on the F-35A’s 25mm gun system is scheduled to begin mid-year, 2015 at Edwards AFB, California, and will include ground fire tests, muzzle calibration, flight test integration and in-flight operational tests, the JPO says. The Marine Corps’ F-35B and navy’s F-35C have no internal gun. Marines will have the option of carrying the GAU-22 in an externally mounted pod. The 25mm missionized gun pod carried externally, centerline mounted on the F-35B and F-35C also begins testing this year, 2015 to meet U.S. service’s desired schedule for full warfighting capability software known as 3F. The 3F software is currently planned for delivery with the low rate initial production nine (LRIP 9) US aircraft in 2017.

-Both the A and C models completed weapon milestones in 2014.
-The F-35C launched an AIM-120 AMRAAM, the last separation test needed to certify the variant’s Block 2B software 2014.
-The F-35A finished the final buffet, load and high-angle of attack testing necessary for its Block 2B software 2014.

little more at the jump :)

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 19 Jan 2015, 05:11

FY 14 DOD PROGRAMS F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF)
Jan 2015 UNK

“...The program is making advances in assessing the lethality of the 25 mm x 137 mm PGU-48 Frangible Armor Piercing (FAP) round, a designated round for the F-35A variant, and the PGU-32/U Semi-Armor Piercing High Explosive Incendiary-Tracer (SAPHEI-T) ammunition currently designated for the F-35B and F-35C variants....
&
...Gun Ammunition Lethality and Vulnerability
• The program completed the ballistic impact response characterization of the PGU-47/U Armor Piercing Explosive (APEX) round for the partner F-35A variant using the AAA and fragment threats. Preliminary data analysis demonstrated no significant reactions or evidence of high pressures that could potentially induce sympathetic reactions from adjacent rounds loaded on the aircraft.

• The program completed the terminal ballistic testing of the PGU-48 FAP round and the PGU-32 round against a range of target-representative material plates and plate arrays. Preliminary FAP test observations indicate lower than expected levels of fragmentation when passing through multiple layer targets. PGU-32 test observations indicate that the round detonates much closer to the impact point of the first target plate than originally called out in ammunition specification. The program will determine the impact of these data on the ammunition lethality assessment.

• Ground-based lethality test planning is ongoing. All three rounds will be tested against a similar range of targets, including armored and technical vehicles, aircraft, and personnel in the open. FY15 funds are in place for all tests except those against boat targets.

• Air-to-ground lethality tests will likely begin no earlier than 1QFY16. Given the development test schedule of the APEX round, the existing flight test plan does not include this round.”...

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by jtcreate » 31 Jan 2015, 08:22

What's so funny is the ALARMISTS who emerge out of the backwoods and onto youtube every time the media spins a wise tail on the F-35. I was tempted to post this in the "Basement Dwellers" thread but he's just too amusingly obsessed with the Gun. He literally tries to create the impression that for the next four years, the only thing the USA's got defending the country is the F-35. Maybe some one should tell him that all the Legacy fighters will still be around in 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swQluqptYtw

I literally LMAO listening to this guy. I should ask him if he every took any acting classes. :lmao:

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by SpudmanWP » 31 Jan 2015, 08:39

omg, that guy's "commentary" was so full of inaccuracies and flat out lies that I stopped taking notes after the first minute.

Funniest moment for me was when he claimed that the gun was the most lethal weapon on a fighter....

Yeah, right.. back in 1945 maybe.
"The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by jtcreate » 31 Jan 2015, 08:48

SpudmanWP wrote:omg, that guy's "commentary" was so full of inaccuracies and flat out lies that I stopped taking notes after the first minute.

Funniest moment for me was when he claimed that the gun was the most lethal weapon on a fighter....

Ok Spudman! You talked me into it. I'll be right back. I got a question to ask this guy.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by jtcreate » 31 Jan 2015, 09:07

SpudmanWP wrote:omg, that guy's "commentary" was so full of inaccuracies and flat out lies that I stopped taking notes after the first minute.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself on that one. What's so amazing is all the posters who are taken by this guy. Perhaps he should sell tickets.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 31 Jan 2015, 14:59

jtcreate wrote:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself on that one. What's so amazing is all the posters who are taken by this guy. Perhaps he should sell tickets.

:doh:

there is a phrase in demographics/advertising "if you are watching it, its for you"

Reminds me of Sol, everything is a conspiracy especially the open source stuff he is ignorant of
Choose Crews

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by count_to_10 » 31 Jan 2015, 15:26

Seriously, until the F-16 is retired (or mostly phased out), the F-35A is going to be used almost exclusively for strike missions, not anything like CAP or CAS. Until then, any air-to-air combat it gets into is probably going to be restricted to firing missiles and getting home as fast as possible.
Einstein got it backward: one cannot prevent a war without preparing for it.

Uncertainty: Learn it, love it, live it.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 31 Jan 2015, 15:28

Yes Sol has a penchant for spinning ordinary reality into a gigantic soon to be catastrophic conspiracy. There have been quite a few lately. Especially I like the airborne Ebola over Xmas Catastrophe in US of A. Then there is the never ending death spiral (about to happen always in the near future) of youse know what. Reminds me of 'Oils Ain't Oils, Sol': [reality is not reality at all - but something else]

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 31 Jan 2015, 22:01

spazsinbad wrote:Yes Sol has a penchant for spinning ordinary reality into a gigantic soon to be catastrophic conspiracy. There have been quite a few lately.

After whining for years about how the new CMC would instantly cancel the F-35, I inquired why this hadn't yet happened in one of his threads. the comment was removed of course.
Choose Crews

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by jtcreate » 31 Jan 2015, 22:49

XanderCrews wrote:
jtcreate wrote:

:doh:

there is a phrase in demographics/advertising "if you are watching it, its for you"

Reminds me of Sol, everything is a conspiracy especially the open source stuff he is ignorant of

Agreed! I still couldn't help myself. The badly acted Drama was just too amusing.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by jtcreate » 31 Jan 2015, 22:54

arrow-nautics wrote:
sferrin wrote:Who's working Bernie's puppet strings there?
Good question

Now that is CLASSIC!

PreviousNext