164-1 F-14 kill ratio claim?

Cold war, Korea, Vietnam, and Desert Storm - up to and including for example the A-10, F-15, Mirage 200, MiG-29, and F-18.
Banned

by sergei » 17 Aug 2015, 23:12

Su-25
Attachments
Su-25.png
sight-Su-25.png

Banned

by arian » 18 Aug 2015, 01:17

Thanks Tom and Sergei for laying this to rest. The photos aren't just fakes, but they appear to be from Israeli gun cameras instead of Syrian.

You're right Sergei, it's from MiG-21 HUD not Su-25. I got confused by the presence of what appeared to be two pitot tubes (but what is actually just one).

PS: Tom, what happened to your ACIG site? We want it back!

by tomcooper » 18 Aug 2015, 07:39

old.iraqi.air.force wrote:Does pilots should know each aircraft and it's HUD even if they have it at their AF?
OK. Let's ignore the fact that most of the original IrAF-cadre flying the first batch of Mirage F.1EQs MUST know this, because they previously flew MiG-21s and MiG-23s. Let's say they 'do not 'must know'.

BUT: YOU - as somebody claiming to be a former Iraqi Air Force Mirage-pilot - should recognize HUD-symbology of a Mirage.

Yet, you declared it for 'MiG-23'.

Enough said.
F-Arba-Ashara!! Yalla, yalla!!

by tomcooper » 18 Aug 2015, 07:40

arian wrote:Thanks Tom and Sergei for laying this to rest. The photos aren't just fakes, but they appear to be from Israeli gun cameras instead of Syrian.
Indeed.

BTW, the one showing that Egyptian Su-20 is actually consisting of two sequences: two stills are showing that Su-20, and two are showing the downing of a MiG-21F-13 at an unknown date.

PS: Tom, what happened to your ACIG site? We want it back!
Thanks and nothing happened to the website (and forum).

It's perfectly online and running.

'Just' having a new URL - and that since at least three years: http://www.acig.info

Banned

by arian » 18 Aug 2015, 08:20

tomcooper wrote:Thanks and nothing happened to the website (and forum).

It's perfectly online and running.

'Just' having a new URL - and that since at least three years: http://www.acig.info

For some reason the link provided by Google's search results doesn't work. That's why I thought your site was down.

by old.iraqi.air.force » 18 Aug 2015, 21:46

tomcooper wrote:
old.iraqi.air.force wrote:Does pilots should know each aircraft and it's HUD even if they have it at their AF?
OK. Let's ignore the fact that most of the original IrAF-cadre flying the first batch of Mirage F.1EQs MUST know this, because they previously flew MiG-21s and MiG-23s. Let's say they 'do not 'must know'.

None of Iraqi MIG-23's pilot qualified to Mirage F1s at all, since the aircraft entered the service till 9 April 2003.

tomcooper wrote:BUT: YOU - as somebody claiming to be a former Iraqi Air Force Mirage-pilot - should recognize HUD-symbology of a Mirage.

Yet, you declared it for 'MiG-23'.

Enough said.

While the "Mig23 vs F-16 HUD photo" doesn't show the closing speed or artificial-Horizon or TD and STPTI therefore can't be identify as a Mirage HUD-symbology!, with all that and even so, you made gross mistake as somebody always claiming he making extensive research! because you can't compared Iraqi Mirage EQs with old Israeli Mirages HUDs, because Israeli Mirages has the old system and can not be compared even with F-1C and Kuwaiti and Jordan or Greek F1s because it has the old system as well and differs from all Iraqi F.1EQs, all in all Iraqi F.1EQs HUD similar to Mirage 2000. So i think if you try to post that HUD photo even on French air force forum (showing no details as it is) they won't be able to ID the type of the aircraft.
Fair enough?

Banned

by arian » 18 Aug 2015, 23:07

You keep digging yourself further.

by tomcooper » 26 Aug 2015, 06:59

old.iraqi.air.force wrote:While the "Mig23 vs F-16 HUD photo" doesn't show the closing speed or artificial-Horizon or TD and STPTI therefore can't be identify as a Mirage HUD-symbology!, with all that and even so, you made gross mistake as somebody always claiming he making extensive research! because you can't compared Iraqi Mirage EQs with old Israeli Mirages HUDs, because Israeli Mirages has the old system and can not be compared even with F-1C and Kuwaiti and Jordan or Greek F1s because it has the old system as well and differs from all Iraqi F.1EQs, all in all Iraqi F.1EQs HUD similar to Mirage 2000. So i think if you try to post that HUD photo even on French air force forum (showing no details as it is) they won't be able to ID the type of the aircraft.
Fair enough?
Not the least, then this is a sea of nonsense....

Why do you have to do this to yourself?

Admit it: you're an enthusiast, curious to record IrAF history. Nothing more and nothing less. That would be 'fair enough'.

Declaring yourself a 'former Iraqi Mirage pilot' and then making such primitive mistakes, plus babbling such idiocies like here only makes you laughable.

by old.iraqi.air.force » 26 Aug 2015, 22:50

tomcooper wrote:Not the least, then this is a sea of nonsense....

Why do you have to do this to yourself?

Admit it: you're an enthusiast, curious to record IrAF history. Nothing more and nothing less. That would be 'fair enough'.

Declaring yourself a 'former Iraqi Mirage pilot' and then making such primitive mistakes, plus babbling such idiocies like here only makes you laughable.

Your comment reflect how loser you're.
I will not lower my level to yours anyway. But let me remind you who is keeping babbling such idiocies here and the one who make himself laughable, first go check out on internet how people talk about your reliability and your Knowledge and then back to estimate your self, you will find these words apply on you.
Something i have to admit to you here, know what? i didn't reply or talk to the correct person from the beginning thought i was answer a real author but yeah take look to your chosen word such as some enthusiast younger on aviation forums where It doesn't take them a long time to show their low quality, However people can read and estimating how is right here.
But one more thing if you strongly believe that I am enthusiast curious to record IrAF history then why do you bother yourself and care for my comments? But you're deeply upset because you're %100 sure more than anyone here that I am truly an Iraqi pilot from old IrAF and unveiled of your marketing fabrication and your alleged personal such Brig Gen Ahmad Sadik..etc so you try harder to run around this point (like to prove my self to you I'm x-IrAF pilot) Ok this is not hard and simple (but condition) 1.Ensure my children's and my family and as well my relatives class one "parents, sisters, brothers ..etc" and my safety from Iranian militias in Iraq. And if any member of my family or relatives exposure to threat or killing by the militias in Iraq it will be your responsibly and evacuation of everyone out the country and cover the rest of their life (deal?).
U.S.A is the most powerful country and rule the world and it's pilots protect themselves privacy from public, so I'm Iraqi and many of our friends has been killed on Iranian militias hands and you wont me post my log book or my photos to prove my self for you, are you serious?!
First better to read this before asking an Iraqi pilot to ID himself.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/iranian-revenge-iraqi-air-force-pilots/story?id=12298641

And this photos and video will help to higher your knowledge to know what is the difference between Iraqi Mirages HUDs compared to the Israeli.
Israeli Mirages HUD

Kuwait, Jordan, Greek Mirage F-1C HUDs

Iraqi Mirage F-1EQs similar to this HUD

Now ask this question to your self..
tomcooper wrote:Why do you have to do this to yourself?

by tomcooper » 27 Aug 2015, 05:58

More nonsense.

OK, final question:

old.iraqi.air.force wrote:And this photos and video will help to higher your knowledge to know what is the difference between Iraqi Mirages HUDs compared to the Israeli.
And? Why did you then declare a still from a HUD-camera of a Mirage IIICJ for 'MiG-23'?

:P

by piston » 04 Sep 2015, 15:36

oldiaf wrote:Those Russian science fiction writers try every thing to change the bad picture of their failed aircrafts .. As proof they claim the 2 F-16s downed by SAMs in DS 19 Jan 1991 during package Q were downed by MiG-23s !! Even the Iraqis didn't make such claim , in addition the video feed of these F-16s are on youtube

Where?

Banned

by oldiaf » 04 Sep 2015, 15:43

piston wrote:
oldiaf wrote:Those Russian science fiction writers try every thing to change the bad picture of their failed aircrafts .. As proof they claim the 2 F-16s downed by SAMs in DS 19 Jan 1991 during package Q were downed by MiG-23s !! Even the Iraqis didn't make such claim , in addition the video feed of these F-16s are on youtube

Where?

Where what ? The video feed from F-16 that evaded 6 SAMs ...you can hear clearly the voice of other pilot confirming one othe aircrafts was hit :
http://youtu.be/2uh4yMAx2UA
Last edited by oldiaf on 04 Sep 2015, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

by piston » 04 Sep 2015, 15:56

...is video feed? (bold section)...

by old.iraqi.air.force » 04 Sep 2015, 16:10

oldiaf wrote:Where what ? The video feed from F-16 that evaded 6 SAMs ...you can hear clearly the voice of other pilot confirming one othe aircrafts was hit :

No he didn't got hit, but i think the formation leader ask (somebody got hit?) then the defending f-16 pilot request to leave target area.

Banned

by oldiaf » 04 Sep 2015, 16:28

old.iraqi.air.force wrote:
oldiaf wrote:Where what ? The video feed from F-16 that evaded 6 SAMs ...you can hear clearly the voice of other pilot confirming one othe aircrafts was hit :

No he didn't got hit, but i think the formation leader ask (somebody got hit?) then the defending f-16 pilot request to leave target area.

Yes

PreviousNext