USAF Urban Legends

The F-16.net watering hole - this is the place the place to exchange stories, favourite aviation bar locations and military-grade cocktail recipies!
Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by discofishing » 09 Mar 2011, 00:14

You air force guys ever talk about this dude named "Jody"? The guy who is !@#$ing your wife or girlfriend while you're on TDY or deployed.

What about the juicy girls in Korea? Yall ever hear of black syphilis? In the Army, it was told that if you ever caught it, you were quarantined; meaning you stayed in Korea for the rest of your life.

Banned

by shabah_cactus » 09 Mar 2011, 04:07

Here's a "legend" from the Buffalo area, pretty sad and disturbing actually;

During the (l think it was) 1985 Blue Angels airshow at Niagara Falls there was a mid air collision that resulted in the death of one of the solos (RIP). It is rumored that he was actually decapitated from the wing of the other jet and that his head was found far from the crash site... It is a fact that the crash happened but the decapitation is probably false.
"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here this is the war room!"

by ruderamronbo » 09 Mar 2011, 04:42

ATFS_Crash wrote:Hanger 18. Area 51

There actually is a hangar 18 at Wright Patt... 8)

by ruderamronbo » 09 Mar 2011, 04:46

Tim wrote:I heard this years ago and was wondering if there was any truth to it. Maybe some of our stick actuators could answer it for me. I heard that if a crew member was forced to eject from the Phantom twice that his flying career was over. Something to do with possibility of spinal damage if forced to eject again. Any truth to that or is that just another Urban legend?

I heard it was 3 times. Knew a Viper driver who had punched out twice (had a jet land on top of him at Luke and a motor eat itself on takeoff in Dahran.) Not surprisingly his call-sign became "deuce." He was still flying after the second one...

Previous