First female F-22 pilot

Anything goes, as long as it is about the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

skyhigh

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 467
  • Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 11:01

Unread post05 Mar 2009, 11:20

Cool! No wonder Capt. Jammie Jamieson is lucky to be behind the controls of the world' most advanced fighter.

By the time she is a full-bird colonel she'll be commanding her own all-women's Raptor squadron.
Offline

Meteor

Active Member

Active Member

  • Posts: 244
  • Joined: 14 May 2007, 19:46
  • Location: Southlake, TX and West Yellowstone, MT

Unread post05 Mar 2009, 16:40

skyhigh wrote:By the time she is a full-bird colonel she'll be commanding her own all-women's Raptor squadron.


"Full-bird colonels" (COL / O-6) don't command fighter squadrons, LTCs (O-5) do.

As to "all-women fighter squadrons"; Assuming they're qualified, your problem with that is what? We do, after all, have all-men fighter squadrons.
F-4C/D, F-16A/B/C/D, 727, DC-10, MD-80, A321
Offline
User avatar

PhillyGuy

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 637
  • Joined: 29 Sep 2006, 03:07

Unread post05 Mar 2009, 19:11

Meteor wrote:As to "all-women fighter squadrons"; Assuming they're qualified, your problem with that is what?


More of a liability if shot down, but I digress.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
Offline

sprstdlyscottsmn

Elite 4K

Elite 4K

  • Posts: 4985
  • Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 01:24
  • Location: Nashua NH USA

Unread post06 Mar 2009, 13:47

I'm all for ladies in the cockpit. I think that ability is all that matters. Heck, look back 65 years at the Tuskegee Airmen. They had a flawless record as far as protecting bombers from German fighters and many people thought they would never make it. If there was an all female Raptor squadron, to me it would mean that they were the very best the Air Force had to offer and I would be proud of them.
"Spurts"

-Pilot
-Aerospace Engineer
-Army Medic
-FMS Systems Engineer
-PFD Systems Engineer
-PATRIOT Systems Engineer
Offline

skyhigh

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 467
  • Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 11:01

Unread post07 Mar 2009, 05:34

Meteor wrote:
skyhigh wrote:By the time she is a full-bird colonel she'll be commanding her own all-women's Raptor squadron.


"Full-bird colonels" (COL / O-6) don't command fighter squadrons, LTCs (O-5) do.

As to "all-women fighter squadrons"; Assuming they're qualified, your problem with that is what? We do, after all, have all-men fighter squadrons.


OK then, how about an all-women's fighter wing, comprising two squadrons of Raptors and two squadrons of Eagles / Strike Eagles by the time Jammie Jamieson is a full bird colonel?
Previous

Return to General F-22A Raptor forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests