First female F-22 pilot

Anything goes, as long as it is about the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

by skyhigh » 05 Mar 2009, 11:20

Cool! No wonder Capt. Jammie Jamieson is lucky to be behind the controls of the world' most advanced fighter.

By the time she is a full-bird colonel she'll be commanding her own all-women's Raptor squadron.

by Meteor » 05 Mar 2009, 16:40

skyhigh wrote:By the time she is a full-bird colonel she'll be commanding her own all-women's Raptor squadron.

"Full-bird colonels" (COL / O-6) don't command fighter squadrons, LTCs (O-5) do.

As to "all-women fighter squadrons"; Assuming they're qualified, your problem with that is what? We do, after all, have all-men fighter squadrons.
F-4C/D, F-16A/B/C/D, 727, DC-10, MD-80, A321

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by PhillyGuy » 05 Mar 2009, 19:11

Meteor wrote:As to "all-women fighter squadrons"; Assuming they're qualified, your problem with that is what?

More of a liability if shot down, but I digress.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sprstdlyscottsmn » 06 Mar 2009, 13:47

I'm all for ladies in the cockpit. I think that ability is all that matters. Heck, look back 65 years at the Tuskegee Airmen. They had a flawless record as far as protecting bombers from German fighters and many people thought they would never make it. If there was an all female Raptor squadron, to me it would mean that they were the very best the Air Force had to offer and I would be proud of them.
"Spurts"

-Pilot
-Aerospace Engineer
-Army Medic
-FMS Systems Engineer
-PFD Systems Engineer
-PATRIOT Systems Engineer

by skyhigh » 07 Mar 2009, 05:34

Meteor wrote:
skyhigh wrote:By the time she is a full-bird colonel she'll be commanding her own all-women's Raptor squadron.

"Full-bird colonels" (COL / O-6) don't command fighter squadrons, LTCs (O-5) do.

As to "all-women fighter squadrons"; Assuming they're qualified, your problem with that is what? We do, after all, have all-men fighter squadrons.

OK then, how about an all-women's fighter wing, comprising two squadrons of Raptors and two squadrons of Eagles / Strike Eagles by the time Jammie Jamieson is a full bird colonel?

Previous