Pakistan Airforce F-16 blk 52+ order

Discussions about F-16.net news articles. A topic is created automatically whenever someone posts a comment in the F-16 News section.
  • Author

pafpilot

Unread post29 Aug 2006, 09:43

The F-16 sale has nothing to do to with the hunt for Bin Laden. Its just to encourage Pakistan to do what ever it can in support for war against terror.

F-16's cant play any significant role in his hunt. It is a very mountainous region, lots of caves and I think helicopter gunships should be more effective in such a rough terrain.

As far as allowing US forces to enter Pakistan and hunt for Bin Laden is concerned, American 'Predators' violated Pakistani airspace more than a few times, bombed the areas, killed many innocent people and didn't even apologize. What do you expect from Pakistan now? Public will certainly shout at the Pakistani government and ask them even to stop supporting US because of such actions. Probably if you would have asked Pakistan for their permission to carryout such operations, the response would have been much better. US did this the other way round!!

No one is safe, and to be safe we have to work with one another and respect each other .Sometimes the things are exactly opposite. US sometimes tends to take things in their own hand, and this is what leads to mistrust.

The general concept about US in Pakistan is that it is using Pakistan for its own purpose and when they would succeed, they would simply leave Pakistan and all the support would be gone.

When the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan, Pakistan was the country that made it possible for US to fight (indirectly) with Soviet forces and eventually force them out of Afghanistan. When this struggle began, US sold F-16s to Pakistan and by the late 80s when US found out that Russia would pull out, they simply embargoed the deal. Now can anyone explain this?

With all due respect, no one knows where Bin Laden is and simply watching a report on a - can't help us .
A MiG at you SIX, is better than no MiG at all!!

Meathook

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post29 Aug 2006, 12:39

I too know the history of that region, thanks for the recap but I don't base a simple thought on a mere television broadcast either (it was based on what if - understand)?

I am simply saying the hunt for these terrorist does not need boarders (as you suggest)...can you understand that, that simple enough for ya?

Thanks but with the history that Pakistan has with its neighbors and the globe, it needs any friend it can fine so relax a bit with ya. If (you caught the "if" part...right) the putz is hiding there he should be rooted out, if that country cant or wont do it, somebody else should...lots of "if's" involved but closing your mind to the thought he might be there is pure silly....with all due respect of course

Anyway.....have a nice day :devil:
More than likely have "been there and done that at some point", it sure keeps you young if done correctly

pafpilot

Unread post29 Aug 2006, 15:15

I dont know about other countries but let me tell you that Pakistan and its people will never accept foreign troops on their soil, what ever the reason may be. The main reason being that we are an independent soverign nation.

with its neighbors and the globe, it needs any friend it can fine so relax a bit with ya. If (you caught the "if" part...right) the putz is hiding there he should be rooted out, if that country cant or wont do it, somebody else should

Quote me one single person from NATO/Pakistan who certainly says that Bin Laden is in such and such area of Pakistan or even for that matter in anywhere in Afghanistan. If you prove your point I will take all my comments back and will appologise to you right on this thread.

Its high time we finish discussing politics on this site. Although I took your side about discussing Hezballoh-Israel conflict on this site, but now I think I was wrong. This site is not about politics. It seems you have taken things personal , although it was not my intention.

Have a nice day.
A MiG at you SIX, is better than no MiG at all!!

Meathook

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post29 Aug 2006, 15:18

No... it is not meant personal at all, just chit chat.

See ya....

Lieven

F-16.net Webmaster

F-16.net Webmaster

Unread post29 Aug 2006, 20:09

I have to agree with pafpilot, let's not get any further into the political discussions here. There's so much more fun things to talk about.
Previous

Return to F-16 News