Starting an F-35 blog

Discuss the F-35 Lightning II

by playloud » 31 Mar 2016, 20:19

I posted the link up on the Best Fighter For Canada Facebook group yesterday. It received a lot of likes.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by garrya » 31 Mar 2016, 20:30

jetblast16 wrote:AwEsOmE!!! Stay objective garrya. It is a treasure trove of cool information. Thank you.

thanks , iam glad that you liked it .
on a separate note , seem like someone shared my blog at several place today , the traffic raised dramatically all of suddent ( so whoever did it , thanks alot for that too :mrgreen: )
Attachments
statistic.jpg

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by garrya » 31 Mar 2016, 20:33

playloud wrote:I posted the link up on the Best Fighter For Canada Facebook group yesterday. It received a lot of likes.

So that was you , haha :D thanks alot

by rpgrynn » 01 Apr 2016, 01:49

playloud wrote:I posted the link up on the Best Fighter For Canada Facebook group yesterday. It received a lot of likes.

Thanks for giving Garrya the exposure! :D

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by garrya » 15 Apr 2016, 03:54

My first blog post about radar was terrible , lack of info, lack of references list ..etc so i decided to remake it .Since there are many things to cover , i divided it into 2 part , only just finished part 1 , come have a look if you interested :mrgreen:
https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavion ... ermeasure/
I also changed the general theme , so the blog looks a bit better now and it is also easier to find old posts.
https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavion ... press.com/

by gideonic » 15 Apr 2016, 09:44

garrya wrote:My first blog post about radar was terrible , lack of info, lack of references list ..etc so i decided to remake it .Since there are many things to cover , i divided it into 2 part , only just finished part 1 , come have a look if you interested :mrgreen:
https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavion ... ermeasure/
I also changed the general theme , so the blog looks a bit better now and it is also easier to find old posts.
https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavion ... press.com/

Great work, will look into it later with more detail for sure!

One thing to note about the very-first blogpost, is that this section, starting with the following (commas added), needs some editing:
Physics students, when asked how aircraft fly, often quote ...

It seems that some sentences are incomplete after that ...

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by garrya » 15 Apr 2016, 10:33

gideonic wrote:

One thing to note about the very-first blogpost, is that this section, starting with the following (commas added), needs some editing:

Ha ha, yes, that post wasn't finished , i just stopped it because i was lazy and at that point i wasn't sure what to write about, i decided that i will write about aerodynamic after i finished the general part about avionics.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by hornetfinn » 15 Apr 2016, 13:15

I like your work very much, thank you! You have made informative but easily understood pages about many important issues. I've struggled to get people to understand many things about stealth and sensors and it's sometimes frustrating as information is pretty fragmented. Now you made good packages of information to use, thank you for that! :D

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by luke_sandoz » 15 Apr 2016, 17:09

garrya wrote:
gideonic wrote:

Ha ha, yes, that post wasn't finished , i just stopped it because i was lazy and at that point i wasn't sure what to write about, i decided that i will write about aerodynamic after i finished the general part about avionics.

The physics of flight . . . The Liberal Arts version
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (27.32 KiB) Viewed 24256 times

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by garrya » 15 Apr 2016, 20:17

hornetfinn wrote:I like your work very much, thank you! You have made informative but easily understood pages about many important issues. I've struggled to get people to understand many things about stealth and sensors and it's sometimes frustrating as information is pretty fragmented. Now you made good packages of information to use, thank you for that! :D

:mrgreen: thank you , that was my goal too

by playloud » 16 Apr 2016, 14:36

Post the update at BF4C again. They all like it.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by garrya » 17 Apr 2016, 03:07

playloud wrote:Post the update at BF4C again. They all like it.

thanks alot for that , TBH , the blog create better reaction than i expected

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by garrya » 11 Aug 2016, 11:18

Very sorry for the delay , so many things to cover , anyway new post is up , enjoy guys 8)
https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavion ... s-part-ii/

by gideonic » 11 Aug 2016, 11:49

garrya wrote:Very sorry for the delay , so many things to cover , anyway new post is up , enjoy guys 8)

Thank you! Looking forward for finding the time to read it :)

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by hornetfinn » 11 Aug 2016, 13:34

garrya wrote:Very sorry for the delay , so many things to cover , anyway new post is up , enjoy guys 8)

Looks great, thank you! Your blog is great collection of information and you have managed to make it extremely easily readable for such complex matters.

Some comments after very quickly glancing through it:

While Parabolic , Gregorian and Cassegrain antennas all have very high gain ( small main beamwidth) relative to aperture size .However , they all share the same disadvantages include: high sidelobes (make radars susceptible to low RCS targets and ground clutter)

You could also mention here that higher side lobe levels make radar also more detectable with ESM systems (more energy towards them to work with) and more susceptible to jamming as jamming signal gets through to receiver more easily (side lobe jamming).

About side lobes: Maybe you should mention that there are side lobes in both transmit and receive conditions. Transmit side lobes means unwanted energy is sent outside the main beam (lobe). This makes the radar more detectable by RWR/ESM systems. In receive condition unwanted energy is received from outside the main lobe. This can be intentional jamming or ground returns which both affect radar performance and ability to pick up targets.

PreviousNext