January 7, 2008 (by Eric L. Palmer) - The Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) has published an announcement on their website that states they have informed Congress of a possible sale of a variety of weapons for the United Arab Emirates F-16s.
UAE F-16F Block 60 #3001 takes off on its maiden flight from Ft. Worth., on Dec 6th, 2003.
The following weapons are part of the possible sale:
- 224 AIM-120C-7 Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM) Air Intercept Missiles
- 200 GBU-31 Guided Bomb Unit (GBU) Joint Direct Attack Munition tail kits
- 224 MK-84 2,000 pound General-Purpose Bombs (GPB)
- 450 GBU-24 PAVEWAY III with MK-84 2,000 pound GPB
- 488 GBU-12 PAVEWAY II with MK-82 500 pound GPB
- 1 M61A 20mm Vulcan Cannon with Ammunition Handling System
- Containers, bomb components, spare/repair parts, publications, documentation, personnel training, training equipment, contractor technical and logistics personnel services, and other related support elements
The estimated cost is $326 million.