Women in and out of Uniform

If you feel you absolutely must talk about cars, morality, or anything else not related to the F-16, do it here.
F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 12 Sep 2011, 16:55

A day late, but I just saw this and think it is important to recognize her in remembrance of September 11th, Heather “Lucky” Penney. She (and her vice commander) was willing to give their lives by ramming United Flight 93 with their F-16s.

Article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/f-1 ... story.html
Attachments
heather.jpg
Photo credit: Tech. Sgt. Johnathon Orrell

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by LinkF16SimDude » 10 Oct 2011, 05:07

Unless they're on Star Trek, most women with a green complexion don't look this good!! :)

http://airman.dodlive.mil/nighttime-on-base/

See also: <a href="http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-5967-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-450.html">Windy Hendrick</a>
Attachments
110119-F-VY627-004.jpg
Maj. Windy Hendrick, a F-16 Fighting Falcon pilot, sits in her jet waiting for the scramble order at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Tucson, Ariz. Hendrick works 24-hour shifts on alert several times per month with the Arizona Air National Guard. (U.S. Air

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 12 Oct 2011, 03:35

Ahhh, Windy Hendrick. That MILFy IP with the Arizona ANG. :inlove:

Here is a short video of her "A Reason to Serve":

http://www.todaysmilitary.com/inside/vi ... n-to-serve

Patriotic too so that ups her hotness level. :inlove:
I'm watching...

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by Gamera » 15 Nov 2011, 04:04

12 November 2011 CCK AB open house, ROCAF
JING Zhi Hui (16), in her father's flight suit and equipment. Her father Colonel JING Yuan Wu is CO, 7th Squadron, 427th Composite Wing, ROCAF. 77th Class.

Air displays were cancelled due to weather. 8(

Sources:
Attachments
d9850.jpg
JING Zhi Hui

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by Gamera » 19 Jan 2012, 05:03

http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/8w-8e/ ... p?id=12537

First female Globemaster pilot – just 25 years old

Jan. 18, 2012

(Personally, I'd write the title as "First Globemaster female pilot".)
Attachments
WEB2012-ID583-01.jpg
Capt Elizabeth Crosier sits in the cockpit of the CC-177 Globemaster III, the largest cargo aircraft flown in the Canadian Forces. Photo Credit: Ross Lees.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by Gamera » 26 Jan 2012, 18:10

Female prime minister of Thailand wore an air force pilot's flight suit when she, the deputy prime minister, and defense minister attended an air force exercise in Thailand. (23 January 2012)

Source: http://www.newsclip.be/news/2012124_033436.html
Attachments
33436_mainimg.jpg

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 01 Feb 2012, 07:58

Gamera wrote:http://www.newsclip.be/news/2012124_033436.html

23 January 2012:
Female prime minister of Thailand wore an air force pilot's flight suit when she, the deputy prime minister, and defense minister attended an air force exercise in Thailand.

Hmmm...she can prime my minister anytime!
I'm watching...

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by Gamera » 28 Feb 2012, 16:18

2012/02/26 - First squadron female commander in ROCAF
Lieutenant Colonel CHEN Yue Fang.
CO, 101st Squadron, 10th Group, 439th Composite Wing, based at Ping Tung AB.
Commands 10 C-130s.
18 years in ROCAF.
Three years ago, became first female main pilot of ROCAF C-130.
Husband (Major?) YU Tai Sheng is C-130 navigator.

Sources:
Attachments
13301292909812012022508193521_50193.jpg

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by Gamera » 04 Mar 2012, 14:25

Red Arrows' first female pilot takes ground role
4 March 2012

The first woman to fly with the Red Arrows display team is to move to a ground-based role.

Flt Lt Kirsty Stewart - previously Moore - 33, joined the Lincolnshire-based unit in 2010.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-li ... e-17249660
Attachments
Red-Arrows-pilot-Kirsty-Stewart.jpg
Flt Lt Kirsty Stewart
red-arrows-kristy-stewart.png
Flt Lt Kirsty Stewart

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by femalepilot » 21 Mar 2012, 20:02

US Air Force Lt. Col. Nicole Malachowski, the commander of the 333rd Fighter Squadron

USAF Thunderbirds F-16 Pilot Maj. Caroline Jensen:

Major Catherine Labuschagne first female pilot of Gripen, South African Air Force:

Capt. Claire Merouze, First French Female Rafale Fighter Pilot

Captain Khoo Teh Lynn is Singapore’s first female fighter pilot. She joined the air force at 18 and today flies the F-16 fighter jet, which will be on display at the Singapore Airshow 2012

U.S. Air Force Capt. Betsy Hand, 77th Fighter Squadron F-16 Fighting Falcon pilot, situates her gear inside the cockpit of her F-16 Fighting Falcon before climbing into the aircraft, Jan. 31, 2012, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
U.S. Air Force Capt. Betsy Hand, 77th Fighter Squadron F-16 Fighting Falcon pilot, talks with other F-16 pilots before launching during an Operational Readiness Exercise, Jan. 31, 2012, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by LinkF16SimDude » 22 Mar 2012, 18:43

femalepilot wrote:US Air Force Lt. Col. Nicole Malachowski, the commander of the 333rd Fighter Squadron

Wasn't sure if Fifi ever got back to flyin' Mudhens. Guess that answers that.

:inlove: :inlove:
Why does "monosyllabic" have 5 syllables?

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by femalepilot » 22 Mar 2012, 21:06

USAF Thunderbirds F-16 Pilot Maj. Caroline Jensen:
U.S. Air Force Staff Sgt. Tacota LeMuel, Thunderbird 3 dedicated crew chief, signals one-minute, in preparation for Maj. Caroline Jensen, Thunderbird 3, Right Wing pilot, to gear up for a training sortie at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., March 12, 2012.
U.S. Air Force Maj. Caroline Jensen, Thunderbird 3, Right Wing pilot, adjusts her mask before a training sortie at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., March 12, 2012
U.S. Air Force Maj. Caroline Jensen, Thunderbird 3, Right Wing pilot, taxis out for a training sortie at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., March 12, 2012
U.S. Air Force Maj. Caroline Jensen, Thunderbird 3, Right Wing pilot, adjust her G-suit in preparation for a training launch at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., March 12, 2012
U.S. Air Force Maj. Caroline Jensen, Thunderbird 3, Right Wing pilot, is greeted by her dedicated crew chief, Staff Sgt. Tacota LeMuel, on the flightline at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., March 12, 2012.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by femalepilot » 23 Mar 2012, 18:29

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by femalepilot » 02 Apr 2012, 19:47

1Lt. Nicola Baumann, an instructor pilot with the 459th Flying Training Squadron, climbs into the cockpit of a PA-200 ECR Tornado in Germany in this undated photo. Baumann became just the second female fighter pilot in the history of the German Air Force back in 2007 after completing the Euro-Nato Joint Jet Pilot Training program at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas.
1Lt. Nicola Baumann, an instructor pilot at the 459th Flying Training Squadron in the Euro-Nato Joint Jet Pilot Training program at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas, readies her PA-200 ECR Tornado for takeoff at a base in Bavaria, Germany
1Lt. Nicola Baumann, an instructor pilot with the 459th Flying Training Squadron, prepares for a PA-200 ECR Tornado flight in Germany
1Lt. Nicola Baumann, an instructor pilot with the 459th Flying Training Squadron, receives a pre-flight brief from a student Mar. 19, 2012 at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
1Lt. Nicola Baumann, an instructor pilot with the 459th Flying Training Squadron, poses for a picture during an air show in Germany
1Lt. Nicola Baumann flying the German Air Force's PA-200 ECR Tornado in flight over Germany

Dreaming big earns German pilot distinction in her own right
3/28/2012 - SHEPPARD AIR FORCE BASE, Texas -- Becoming a fighter pilot is tough, no matter what gender you are. Add in the history-making nature of trying to become one of your country's first female fighter pilots, the pressure can get ramped up in a hurry.
For 1st Lt. Nicola Baumann, an instructor pilot assigned to Sheppard's 459th Flying Training Squadron and only the second female to become a fighter pilot in the history of the German Air Force, it isn't about gender, but about living out your dream.
From the tender age of three when she flew on a plane for the first time, Baumann knew a career including flying was in her future.
Initially a flight path to Lufthansa, Germany's largest airline, seemed like the clear choice.
"I always thought if I was going to be a pilot, it would be for Lufthansa because the German Air Force wasn't open to women at that time," Baumann said. "Becoming a fighter pilot seemed like too big a dream."
The problem was there was just one requirement she could not meet in her quest to becoming a pilot for the commercial airlines.
"I had my mind set on Lufthansa until I was 15 or 16 and I realized I had stopped growing and I was only five foot, three inches, which is just too short for their personnel or company regulations," Baumann said. "So I gave up on it for awhile."
After letting the initial disappointment of not meeting the height requirement wear off, she ran into another pilot, who told her she could still fly and just needed to look around for different opportunities.
"I looked into all kinds of options and found out the German Air Force had just opened up to women and their (height) regulation was five feet three inches," Baumann said. "So I applied and it worked out."
With flying in the family DNA (her mom flew hang gliders and younger sister Nena is a pilot with Lufthansa), she still didn't tell her parents she applied for the military.
"I applied first without telling anyone," said Baumann. "I was afraid of my (parents) reaction because my mom despised the thought of me in the military."
In Germany, an individual initially applies to join the Air Force in a particular job position. Before actually joining the service, the individual knows whether or not they will receive the desired job and can decline entry into active duty if they do not.
Although her dad was surprised at her acceptance, Baumann, just 20 years old at the time and fresh out of high school, got ready for the long training road standing in front of anyone's pursuit of a fighter pilot career.
In 2004, Baumann officially entered the German Air Force, attending the GAF Academy, a one-year school focusing on officer training.
She then spent a year in academics to prepare her for pilot training. Courses like English training, Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape and other technical training set her up for the 53 weeks of training at the Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training program at Sheppard and where she ultimately earned her wings.
At the end of the training cycle, Baumann landed in the 322nd Squadron in Bavaria, flying Tornados with Capt. Ulruie Flender, Germany's first female fighter pilot. Flender graduated pilot training about 10 months ahead of Baumann, also at ENJJPT.
"It was really neat," Baumann said. "We did a cross-country flight with the first two female WSO's (Weapons Systems Officers)...it gave us a real sense of satisfaction."
Being a fully-qualified fighter pilot has nothing to do with gender; rather, it is proved by how well a pilot can actually fly.
"The guys I fly with have never had an issue with me being female," Baumann said. "If you perform well and can fly, you are accepted. If you don't, you will have a hard time whether you are a woman or a man."
Getting the chance to be an instructor pilot at ENJJPT has been rewarding for her.
"I really like it," Baumann said. "I remember my own training very well, so I try to sympathize with the students. It's really nice when they get that glimpse of understanding."
Baumann isn't too caught up in the historical context in which she serves.
"I was always happy and proud to be a fighter pilot," Baumann said. "I never looked at much in the historical sense...if we had opened the forces ten or twenty years earlier, I would have just been one of many."
Getting the chance to fly the next generation of fighters in Europe would be ideal for Baumann, but just being able to fly as a profession is the bottom line.
"I always wanted to be a pilot, not a feminist or somebody who paves the way," Baumann said. "I just wanted to fly airplanes."

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by femalepilot » 26 Apr 2012, 13:03

Lieutenant Manja Blok
How a 'dumb blonde' took on the Serbs
It is not entirely true that the Dutch put up no resistance against the Bosnian Serbs prior to their capture of the United Nations "safe area" of Srebrenica on July 11, 1995. The Dutchbat commander, Colonel Thom Karremans, called for close air support on five different occasions between July 6 and July 11. His first four requests were turned down by his U.N. superiors for a variety of bureaucratic reasons.
Then, at literally the eleventh hour, the cavalry arrived in the form of two NATO F-16 fighters flown by Dutch pilots. One of the pilots, Lieutenant Manja Blok, has since become something of a celebrity in Holland, as you can see from the magazine cover above. She aimed two bombs at a couple of Serb tanks advancing into the enclave, causing some minor damage.
"Give 'em hell" shouted the Dutch ground controller, as she dived in to release her bombs. "Good luck, girl...They are all bad guys!" (An English translation of the pilot chatter, as well as an interview with Manja Blok.
It is ironic that the job of stopping the macho, testosterone-infused General Ratko Mladic fell to a woman. Manja later explained to Dutch TV that she and other pilots had been frustrated by the restrictive rules of engagement which pretty much confined them to fruitless patrols over the combat zone. When she returned from her mission over Srebrenica, her fellow top guns were green with envy.
"Dumb blonde!" someone yelled, as she got out of the fighter jet. "Good job!"
Unfortunately for the residents of Srebrenica, thousands of whom were systematically slaughtered by Mladic's men, Manja arrived on the scene too late to make a difference. Shortly after she dropped her bombs from an altitude of 15,000 feet at 2:40 p.m., the Serbs threatened to kill 30 Dutchbat hostages they had previously captured. The Dutch government caved immediately and called off the air strikes. (Taking peacekeepers hostage is one of the many charges against Mladic at the Yugoslav war crimes tribunal.)
Manja made clear that she did not agree with the restraint shown by her superiors toward the Bosnian Serbs. "Nobody wanted to take the lead, nobody wanted to take responsibility ... People always complained about how little resistance we offered, that we were too late, with too little force, we were only there with two F-16s. That's right, but it that wasn't because of us [pilots]!"
When Mladic met the British general Sir Rupert Smith in Belgrade a few days later, on July 16, he was still angry about the incident, complaining that one of the bombs had nearly hit him. "What a pity it missed," was Smith's laconic reply.
As it turned out, Manja's efforts did virtually nothing to stop the Serb advance. It was a case of much too little, far too late. The Bosnian Serbs raised their flag over Srebrenica shortly before 5 p.m. Mladic took a triumphant stroll through the streets of the town shortly afterward, as you can see on this clip. Dutchbat peacekeepers on the ground did not fire a single shot at the Serbs as they entered the "safe area."
In my next post, I will describe in more detail why and how Dutchbat's earlier requests for close air support were turned down, at a time when they might have made a difference.

PreviousNext