TuAF F-16 mishap 16 Oct 2006

Discussions about F-16.net news articles. A topic is created automatically whenever someone posts a comment in the F-16 News section.
  • Author

redprof

Unread post16 Oct 2006, 17:57

TuAf lost another F16 and the pilot was reported KIA. F16C was from Diyarbakir 181th.

Will post details later on.

Lieven

F-16.net Webmaster

F-16.net Webmaster

Unread post16 Oct 2006, 21:30

Thanks for posting RedProf. Thank you also to all other who posted the unfortunate news.

For a few more details, see: <a href="news_article2015.html">Turkish Air force pilot killed in F-16 crash near Diyarbakir</a>

The F-16.net team would like to extend its most sincere and heartfelt condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of the pilot.

Patriot

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post16 Oct 2006, 21:55

It's not good. I'm sorry because of pilot death, condolences for his/her family and friends :cry:

Meathook

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post17 Oct 2006, 02:20

Salute...a sad day...Rest in Peace
More than likely have "been there and done that at some point", it sure keeps you young if done correctly

lantirn_161

Unread post17 Oct 2006, 18:00

Today, I was at the pilot's funeral. It was very sad... I saw his family, his wife and little daughter... It was so hard for us! Rest in peace.... :cry:

psycho

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post17 Oct 2006, 20:57

This poem written by John Gillespie , I d like to dedicate it to my dear friend Bahadır Şahin, who has been a friend of mine for 8 straight years, and who was a damn good pilot in this life , I am sure his soul will continue to check our six and laugh at the fact how we have to come back to land simply because of gravity . he has taken his rightful place among the heroes of the sky, he will always watch over us. so watch out how you behave up there, no more goofy rolls, guys, this man was a pro..

Now I am sure John Gillespie wouldn't mind me dedicating his poem to my friend on this occasion for he was one of us and one who can understand us best.

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things you have not dreamed of -
Wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hovering there, I've chased the shouting wind along,
And flung my eager craft through footless halls of air
Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace,
Where never lark, or even eagle flew; and, while with silent, lifting mind
I've trod the high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Rest in peace, Bahadir

TurkishViper

Unread post18 Oct 2006, 18:52

He was a decent man, a talented pilot, a wonderful father and a loving husband. He made us all sad with his tragic accident. But we know he is somewhere around us watching over his family and his friends. Rest in peace my brother...

Return to F-16 News