1st USMC F-35C Jets Arrive MCAS Miramar Next Week VMFA-314

F-35 unit & base selection, delivery, activation
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 23748
  • Joined: 05 May 2009, 21:31
  • Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Warnings: -2

Unread post15 Jan 2020, 03:25

First F-35C Stealth Fighter Jets to Arrive at Miramar Next Week
14 Jan 2020 Chris Jennewein

"...The new jets are assigned to the “Black Knights” of Fighter Attack Squadron 314, which has been training in the new planes at Naval Air Station Lemoore since the ceremonial final flight of an F/A-18 Hornet in June.

“This transition process really began at the sundown ceremony,” said Lt. Col. Cedar Hinton, commanding officer of VMFA-314. “Since then, we’ve been moving toward becoming a fully-operational F-35C squadron. Starting at the end of September, we began preparing for safe-for-flight operations certification.” The safe-for-flight operations certification is the final milestone for the squadron’s transition to the Lightning II...."

Source: https://timesofsandiego.com/military/20 ... next-week/
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber
Offline

Corsair1963

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 6042
  • Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 04:14

Unread post15 Jan 2020, 05:27

The "Argonauts"of VFA-147 are going to deploy with the USS Carl Vinson in 2021. Do we know when VMFA-314 is going to sea and what ship???
Offline

mixelflick

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

  • Posts: 3608
  • Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 10:26
  • Location: Parts Unknown

Unread post15 Jan 2020, 16:37

Such great news!

I love seeing the Marines finally getting new equipment. They've made due for so long, with so little. The maintenance/mission capable stats of their Hornet fleet are downright scary, and the A/V-8B would be in the same boat were it not for the UK purchase of its airframes.

A Marine Corps flush with factory fresh F-35B's/C's is going to add a whole new dimension to US warfighting capabilities. Those B's on ships like the America effectively transform what, 10-12 such carriers into uber-effective strike platforms?!

Semper Fi and all that :)
Offline

usnvo

Active Member

Active Member

  • Posts: 192
  • Joined: 01 Jul 2015, 18:51

Unread post16 Jan 2020, 00:53

Corsair1963 wrote:The "Argonauts"of VFA-147 are going to deploy with the USS Carl Vinson in 2021. Do we know when VMFA-314 is going to sea and what ship???


Carl Vinson, 2021
Offline
User avatar

steve2267

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

  • Posts: 2381
  • Joined: 12 Jun 2016, 17:36

Unread post16 Jan 2020, 00:55

mixelflick wrote:Such great news!

I love seeing the Marines finally getting new equipment. They've made due for so long, with so little. The maintenance/mission capable stats of their Hornet fleet are downright scary, and the A/V-8B would be in the same boat were it not for the UK purchase of its airframes.

A Marine Corps flush with factory fresh F-35B's/C's is going to add a whole new dimension to US warfighting capabilities. Those B's on ships like the America effectively transform what, 10-12 such carriers into uber-effective strike platforms?!

Semper Fi and all that :)


Uhhhh... they've only been getting brand new Bees since.. when -- 2015? For going on five years?
Take an F-16, stir in A-7, dollop of F-117, gob of F-22, dash of F/A-18, sprinkle with AV-8B, stir well + bake. Whaddya get? F-35.
Offline

Corsair1963

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 6042
  • Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 04:14

Unread post16 Jan 2020, 00:56

usnvo wrote:
Corsair1963 wrote:The "Argonauts"of VFA-147 are going to deploy with the USS Carl Vinson in 2021. Do we know when VMFA-314 is going to sea and what ship???


Carl Vinson, 2021



VFA-147 will deploy with the USS Carl Vinson in 2021. Yet, I don't believe VMFA-314 is.....Which, is why I posted the question?
Offline

Corsair1963

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 6042
  • Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 04:14

Unread post16 Jan 2020, 01:02

Miramar Ramp this week....


MiramarX.jpg
Offline

raameagle

Active Member

Active Member

  • Posts: 198
  • Joined: 15 Aug 2004, 23:59

Unread post16 Jan 2020, 01:25

That’s an exercise that’s being held at Miramar. The F-35Bs in the picture are all based at Yuma but I suspect that the new sunshades in the background will be for VMFA-314.
Regards
Mark

Return to F-35 Units

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests