Commander Naval Air Forces wants more F/A-18s

Program progress, politics, orders, and speculation
  • Author

Corsair1963

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post08 Aug 2018, 00:32

wrightwing wrote:There's a lot of circular reasoning going on. It's not a matter of what India wants. It's a matter of whether we'll allow it. India will have to move a lot further away from Russia, IMHO, before the F-35 would be on the table.

You could be right??? Yet, the US would love to bring India into the Western/NATO orbit and has been selling India some pretty high tech stuff in recent years. With the P-8 Poseidon coming to mind........Which, is "highly" classified.

In short if India would put up the $$$ and will agree to US conditions. I have little doubt a deal could be reached.

"IMHO"

talkitron

Unread post09 Aug 2018, 04:23

wrightwing wrote:There's a lot of circular reasoning going on. It's not a matter of what India wants. It's a matter of whether we'll allow it. India will have to move a lot further away from Russia, IMHO, before the F-35 would be on the table.

Foreign purchases of arms are a vote loser in many countries. Modi is being attacked by the opposition for the Rafale deal now. We’ll see what happens. I think any big deal for combat aircraft would have to involve major technology transfer.

Corsair1963

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post09 Aug 2018, 04:40

talkitron wrote:

Foreign purchases of arms are a vote loser in many countries. Modi is being attacked by the opposition for the Rafale deal now. We’ll see what happens. I think any big deal for combat aircraft would have to involve major technology transfer.

Odds are that India will most likely acquire and build the F-16. Which, would open the door for the F-35 further down the road. Nor, would I be surprised if it includes some type of package deal? Which, would include a mix of both.....

Nonetheless, I feel that something big is brewing behind the scenes. :wink:

"IMHO"

spazsinbad

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

• Warnings: -2

Unread post12 Aug 2018, 11:42

Next Generation Jammer is in this thread and also the Oz thread but goes here.... And... ALL THE WAY with En Gee Jay...

RAN FAA A4G Skyhawk 1970s: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ AND https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/
Previous

Return to Program and politics