F-22 experience

Anything goes, as long as it is about the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
  • Author

roy_f-lightning

Unread post05 Oct 2012, 00:14

Where would be a good start to begin gaining experience with any fighter jet? I'm proceeding to get my A&P and want to join the armed forces also...should I join the forces to gain experience?

mixelflick

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post05 Oct 2012, 01:23

Build models and go to airshows. Explain to the pilots you want to "fly the fast ones, with the fire coming out the back of them". Then ask if you can take it up for a spin. Promise to come back soon, and you won't break the sound barrier. Also, request it's carrying a good whack of air to ground stuff.

They'll really gravitate you, and take you under their wing. Best of luck to you!

1st503rdsgt

Banned

Unread post05 Oct 2012, 08:52

roy_f-lightning wrote:Where would be a good start to begin gaining experience with any fighter jet? I'm proceeding to get my A&P and want to join the armed forces also...should I join the forces to gain experience?

Uh... all you have to do is score high enough on an ASVAB test and you won't have to pay a dime for your A&P training; if fact, they'll pay you. See a local recruiter and don't let him talk you into anything other than what you want to do. If your scores aren't high enough to get what you want, walk away.

If you're looking to fly the things yourself, you're gonna need BA of some kind first.
The sky is blue because God loves the Infantry.

Return to General F-22A Raptor forum