The software on the F-22 sucks when it's not supposed to.

Anything goes, as long as it is about the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
  • Author

hcobb

Banned

Unread post10 Dec 2011, 06:33

That's my bet for the OBOG bogging down, but now even the backup oxygen system is failing.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2011/ ... ms-120911/

Well at least the pilots could always eject. Er wait, the ejection seat isn't cleared for all portions of the flight envelope. So it's a death trap with no escape.

BDF

Unread post10 Dec 2011, 20:04

hcobb wrote:That's my bet for the OBOG bogging down, but now even the backup oxygen system is failing.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2011/ ... ms-120911/

Well at least the pilots could always eject. Er wait, the ejection seat isn't cleared for all portions of the flight envelope. So it's a death trap with no escape.

1.) Show me one reference besides your WAG that the system software is causing the flight physiological problems by some of the F-22 crews.

2.) Show me one supersonic fighter that has a seat that is capable of successful egress over the full envelope. The F-22 isn’t the only one to use the ACES II seat and the latest news is just hysteria because of the current flight phys problems. Having to do a fleet wide inspection on a subsystem is common and ordinarily wouldn’t be news.

3.) Three class A mishaps with loss of airframe over the 14 years the F-22A has been flying a death trap does not make. The loss rate is quite commensurate with the F-15’s historical record and two of the three were not caused by a manufacturing or design flaw while the third hasn’t had the final report published as of yet (IIRC).
When it comes to fighting Raptors, "We die wholesale..."

Scorpion1alpha

F-16.net Moderator

F-16.net Moderator

Unread post11 Dec 2011, 00:59

Closed. Why? Because the topic you created and your statements is deliberately trying to incite negative discussion. Your topic and speculative statements adds nothing here.
I'm watching...

Return to General F-22A Raptor forum