Battlespace Flight Services

Forum for job postings and employment advice.
  • Author

sgeary

Unread post22 Dec 2009, 19:54

Anyone out there work or worked for Battlespace Flight Services? Pls. email me with the good and bad of the company.....
sgeary15@cox.net

knighthawkxx

Unread post31 Dec 2009, 02:45

I have worked for Battlespace going on two years now. You will deploy for four months then be off for 2-3 months without pay and then redeploy again.

sweetpete

Unread post31 Dec 2009, 04:55

I was wondering if you could let me know what their hiring process with battlespace consisted of, I just put in an application. Any info would be great. I am a prior TSgt 7 level working F-16 hydraulics, and also worked at NAS Fallon on 16's and 18's for Boeing. In the Guard I am currently in the Army and am a Warrant flying Blackhawks, I just got back from a deployment and got a layoff notice from Boeing as soon as I returned. Also i will complete my A&P here in the next 2 weeks, not sure if battlespace requires that or not. Thanks I appreciate your time.

Peter
F-16A/B/C/D Mech AZ ANG/Top Gun
F/A-18A/B/C/D Mech Top Gun
F-14A Mech Top Gun
UH-60A/L Driver NV ARNG

gonzilla

Unread post16 Feb 2010, 00:10

sweetpete wrote:I was wondering if you could let me know what their hiring process with battlespace consisted of, I just put in an application. Any info would be great. I am a prior TSgt 7 level working F-16 hydraulics, and also worked at NAS Fallon on 16's and 18's for Boeing. In the Guard I am currently in the Army and am a Warrant flying Blackhawks, I just got back from a deployment and got a layoff notice from Boeing as soon as I returned. Also i will complete my A&P here in the next 2 weeks, not sure if battlespace requires that or not. Thanks I appreciate your time.

Peter

If you have your A&P youre over qualified.

sweetpete

Unread post16 Feb 2010, 03:46

Yeah, well they still never contacted me. Guess thats just how it goes, thanks anyways.

Pete
F-16A/B/C/D Mech AZ ANG/Top Gun
F/A-18A/B/C/D Mech Top Gun
F-14A Mech Top Gun
UH-60A/L Driver NV ARNG

gonzilla

Unread post16 Feb 2010, 06:40

Call them and keep at them. Take the bull by the horns.

MakoWes

Unread post17 Feb 2010, 06:25

Sweetpete
If your looking for work. This is the best web page.

www.jsfirm.com/searchjobs.asp

Ejectmaster

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post20 Feb 2010, 09:09

sweetpete wrote: just got back from a deployment and got a layoff notice from Boeing as soon as I returned.
Peter

Real convenient for Boeing, sorry to see this Pete.... is why I no trust a civilian company and having to perform military duties. I never take my eye off the ball, thinking same to happen to me with my contract as Aviano desires much of me, but knock on wood, so far so good!!

Wish the best to you...FYI Lockheed also contracted with a company for balloons in Afghanistan, not sure if this is the same company you listed here, may be.
Egress 30+ years
ANG/AD/ART/IMA/Contract./USG
EB-57/B-52/T-33/T-38/T-6
F-4/F-16
Texas based

Tall_Dave

Unread post24 Feb 2010, 02:47

knighthawkxx wrote:I have worked for Battlespace going on two years now. You will deploy for four months then be off for 2-3 months without pay and then redeploy again.

I'm retired Air Force F-16 E/E tech with about 18 actual years on the airframe. I applied with Battlespace when they had ONE opening posted online. My friend sent his resume in about 2 1/2 weeks ahead of me and got the job. After that, they removed the ONE listing from their website and that appears to be all they had. I was told to check their website periodically for jobs. It seems weird they only had one available and nothing since then. I'm still trying to get even an interview.

okie883

Unread post19 Nov 2011, 17:34

does battlespace contact you and if so what is the time line for them to tell you if you are hired, applied end of Sept interviewed in oct . I had both interviews and being told that my info is at the hiring managers. to be patient and the process does take time, are they being truthful about this or just stringing me along only to find out i was never being considered. is there someone at battlespace I can contact to see exactly where the process is at, I have call them about every 3 weeks and have been told nothing when I call not know who I really need to talk to about this. I dont want to press the issue but something would be great so i can start getting my affairs in order instead of waiting till the last minute.

Tall_Dave

Unread post20 Nov 2011, 01:38

They are good about it. I thought I was getting strung along and had a job offer from another company; they assured me it was with management. Two days after I took the other offer, they sent me the offer letter. Of course it was 2 days too late. Just be patient, the offer will come.

okie883

Unread post20 Nov 2011, 19:10

battlespace does not call but instead sent a letter, so from the time you applied what was the timeframe for them to send an offer letter. Thanks for the info, thats the hard part is being patient.

mc5wes

Unread post01 Dec 2011, 09:11

Tall_Dave wrote:They are good about it. I thought I was getting strung along and had a job offer from another company; they assured me it was with management. Two days after I took the other offer, they sent me the offer letter. Of course it was 2 days too late. Just be patient, the offer will come.

Welcome to wonderfull world of aircraft maintenance. Every job I have taken. Someone else calls within a month with a better offer.

A heads up. Talk to them like you are still interested. And if the job you just started doesnt work out like you planned. Your good to go.

dcrayton

Unread post01 Mar 2013, 07:05

I am looking for work and one of my ex superiors told me about battlespace. I want to work there but I don't know the process or how to apply. Also, I live in California and if anyone has any ideas on how to find work in my career field it would be great. I don't have the A&P license btw but worked planes for 4 years. Also aside from working Electrical/Environmental Systems, also know GAC and CommNav and Crew Chief career fields. If anyone can email me details my email is danielcrayton@live.com

mc5wes

Unread post01 Mar 2013, 18:30

Dan
The first thing you need to do is type up a word document resume.

Then go to this web page.

www.jsfirm.com

Find any UAV job posted and send them your resume. All of the UAV companies are the same. Battlespace. URS, General Atomics.

After you apply for UAV jobs. Apply for all the other jobs. And keep doing it till you get a job offer.

You will go hungry waiting for one company to call.

Return to Job Openings