May God Bless the Families of Fort Hood

If you feel you absolutely must talk about cars, morality, or anything else not related to the F-16, do it here.
  • Author

Meathook

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post06 Nov 2009, 00:33

I am so pissed off I cant see straight over the events (mass killing) at Fort Hood today by one of our own (recent convert I hear from the news), the killer was a US Army Officer..my goodness. sleeper cells comes to mind, who do we trust anymore if we cant trust our own.

My hearts and prayers go out to the families of those killed in this attack, sad day for the USA, very sad and tragic - damn I am pissed
More than likely have "been there and done that at some point", it sure keeps you young if done correctly

That_Engine_Guy

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post06 Nov 2009, 02:41

Thoughts and prayers to all our Army Brothers and Sisters, their family and friends. :salute:

This sort of thing is always a shock. Even though we're in the military, we're not exempt from the terrible things our society deals with. After all the military is "of the people, by the people, for the people" too.

God's Speed to those who have fallen; and a quick recovery for the injured and others involved.
TEG
[Airplanes are] near perfect, all they lack is the ability to forgive.
— Richard Collins

Lurch

Unread post06 Nov 2009, 18:04

He told several people that he had conflict about fighting fellow muslims and didn't want to deploy. He chose to fight us instead. Throw his @$$ into GITMO and have the guards have at him. He's no longer one of ours.
Crew Chief
Torrejon 614th Lucky Devils 87-0248
Homestead/Moody 307th Stingers 89-2054 (Comander's CC)

Meathook

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post06 Nov 2009, 19:57

Agreed but lets take it a step further, I say "firing squad" and let the families be in line to pull those triggers. he deserves to die ,,,No jail time, he needs to die
More than likely have "been there and done that at some point", it sure keeps you young if done correctly

Meathook

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post06 Nov 2009, 19:59

Another thing is the Army was aware of his feeling and attitude and it appears they were, then they "failed" to do anything about it, I have to say, some fault does lay with the Army itself

cutlassracer

Unread post07 Nov 2009, 01:51

Heard an interview this morning on Fox. He's not a convert, family is Jordanian, but lived here his whole life. Another point that was brought up, the Army hasn't executed anyone for 30 or 40 years, but Texas on the other hand carrys out justice weekly. Let Texas prosecute him.
Torrejon, Homestead, Moody, Osan, Holloman
USAF Crew Chief 89-99
F-16D 90-0794/90-0779
F-117A 83-0807

Purplehaze

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post07 Nov 2009, 03:50

It sounds like the Army may have been trying too hard to be PC about this before hand.

Meathook

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post07 Nov 2009, 05:04

Yes and it got people killed, I hope the Commanders that allowed this prick to to stay in or be reassigned can live with the fact they could have prevented this by doing the right thing and sh*t canning that SOB when they had the chance, all this so called "PC" makes me want to hurl.

I know that there is no way in hell any family member is going to see the "Armies point of view in that PC call"..it was and still is bullshit and it should not be allowed to go on, as we saw yesterday, those lousy politic calls wind up killing people and that is a god damned shame, it sickens me to know they could have lived if they would discharged his a$$ once he exposed his true feeling.

This whole situation makes me feel ashamned and now our president wants us to not harbor ill feelings towards folks of that religion or the decision made - I say Horseshit, I hate that religion more and more each day and the SOBs that behave that way. The Army is also to blame here and that saddens me to no end..

ATFS_Crash

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post07 Nov 2009, 14:35

Let’s not just single out the military for failing to intervene to stop this terrorist attack. It seems that one or more investigative governmental agencies apparently dropped the ball. Allegedly the FBI and possibly more agencies were investigating him as possibly making Internet posts that seem to suggest he supports terrorism and is anti-American.

http://www.scribd.com/NidalHasan

This attack was terrorism, by my definition. It may not be stereo typical terrorism, but it is terrorism. He may be mentally ill; but I don’t think that should absolve him of his crimes.

A relative already seems to be trying to build a mentally ill harassment defense type of case. I don’t know how much the military has changed but boot camp used harassment as a methodology to strengthen their soldiers for combat. Everyone got harassed. It was part of a cleansing process. Tear them down; and build them back up again to be better and stronger. It was also kind of a mind game; to give people thicker skin. Everybody got criticized. Someone who can’t handle criticism; doesn’t belong in the military and won’t survive in combat. Everybody got criticized; if used properly it can be an equalizer and promote teamwork.

It seems there wasn’t any official reports of harassment. If there was harassment that was inappropriate; the appropriate/civilized response would be to file an official complaint. To respond by murdering the very people you’re supposed to be helping; is vengeful, selfish, shallow minded, inappropriate, uncivilized, mentally ill, morally bankrupt, and sacrilegious.

Muslim Veterans Group Says No Reports of Harassment of Islamic Soldiers
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,572588,00.html

The US is a relatively free country, with relatively free speech. Someone that is not tolerant of other people’s reasonable free speech; is free to leave to try to find another country more of their liking.

Nidal Malik Hasan seems to be a sociopath.
How many F-22s and JSFs could have been bought with $700 billion? Correct that.

Make that $1.7 Trillion.

Meathook

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post07 Nov 2009, 14:54

Many good points, more than enough "blame" to go round - sadly

ATFS_Crash

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post09 Nov 2009, 14:22

It seems Nidal Malik Hasan is more linked to stereotypical terrorism than was first thought.

Alleged shooter tied to mosque of 9/11 hijackers
Hasan apparently attended mosque when a radical imam preached there

Source and full story.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33777070/ns ... fort_hood/

U.S. Aware of Hasan Efforts to Contact al Qaeda

U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News.

Source and full story.
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-hood-shooter-contact-al-qaeda-terrorists-officials/story?id=9030873

Allegedly it seems it was true that he did suffer some harassment from his peers though it seems it was never officially reported. However considering that he was anti-American and had terrorist philosophies it is understandable that he was criticized and harassed. Regrettably some of the harassment and criticism was not using proper methodology and channels; however I don’t think that should absolve him of his crimes.
How many F-22s and JSFs could have been bought with $700 billion? Correct that.

Make that $1.7 Trillion.

TC

F-16.net Moderator

F-16.net Moderator

Unread post09 Nov 2009, 22:04

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think that removing him from the Army would have stopped this. It would have only changed the face of his victims. Instead of soldiers, his victims would have simply been regular, everday, John Q. Citizens.

This same pattern of behavior has been seen many times...a man, bitter and angry over an event, or series of events, for which he feels someone else is to blame. They feel that murdering many in the group that supposedly wronged him will either bring attention to his issues, exact some type of "revenge" on those who supposedly wronged him, or, in some cases, may, at least in his mind, eliminate his problems altogether. It was the killer's MO in the Columbine Tragedy, the San Ysidro McDonald's Massacre, and the Luby's Massacre, which, coincidentally, also occurred in Kileen, TX.

I really hate that this had to happen. I hope that justice is quick and severe.
"He counted on America to be passive...He counted wrong." -- President Ronald Reagan

Meathook

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post10 Nov 2009, 00:57

I agree, he just happen to have had a captive group at his disposal right in the processing line who he knew were going to fight other terrorists (like that POS).

Lurch

Unread post10 Nov 2009, 19:28

I do agree that we need to punish this guy, but think our death penalty is too easy for this guy. We pump him full of chemicals and he goes to sleep and feels no pain. We need to make an example of this guy, so that others won't even think about pulling a stunt like this. I don't want this guy to be a Martyr for his cause, I want him to be a lessons learned on why to leave us alone.
Crew Chief
Torrejon 614th Lucky Devils 87-0248
Homestead/Moody 307th Stingers 89-2054 (Comander's CC)

Meathook

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post10 Nov 2009, 21:24

Agreed :thumb:
Next

Return to Off-topic