Weapon type and quantity

Military aircraft - Post cold war aircraft, including for example B-2, Gripen, F-18E/F Super Hornet, Rafale, and Typhoon.
  • Author

AlphaWolf

Unread post15 Jul 2004, 07:49

I was just wondering if anyone out there can give me a comprehensive weapons loadout for the following aircraft:
  1. F-15E
  2. F-16C/D
  3. F/A-18C/D
  4. F/A-18E/F
  5. F-14A/B/D
  6. A-10A
  7. AV-8B
I need data for each weapons station of each aircraft (what type of weapon and how many). I'm modifying my fave flight sim, and I want it to be as realistic as it can be. Any help will do. :D

habu2

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post15 Jul 2004, 16:12

Wow, you don't want much... :shock: Which flight sim?

There is a big difference between asking for help and asking for someone to do all the legwork for you. The information you seek can be found in different books about each aircraft, and probably online as well by searching and reading (vs asking)
Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation

KarimAbdoun

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post15 Jul 2004, 23:40

Yeap, that's right, but to ease a part, check the F-16C/D in this site, the Hornets carry Mavericks AMRAAMs, sidewinders, unguided bombs, JDAM, JSOW, man, I can't do this, let me make you some sort of a report detailed, I'd like to help you, but also help yurself, do some of the work and I'll do mine also, let's help each other on this
The fighter is not what counts, it's the one who's flying it that matters!

Lawman

Unread post16 Jul 2004, 05:26

I got your legacy Hornet list. Not for A/B model Hornets, pretty much anything developed after 1987 being unusable is a good rule to follow.

F-18 Arms.jpg
Hornet Stores Sheet

As for the F-14 http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-weapons.htm

parrothead

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post16 Jul 2004, 08:01

Wow! That answers our questions about the F-18 pictures showing 10 total AMRAAMs - look at the picture above and do the math. Looks like it could also carry two 'winders - 12 missiles! I'd love to see one of these stores sheets for the F-16! Thanks for the good work, Lawman! 8)
No plane on Sunday, maybe be one come Monday...
www.parrotheadjeff.com

IDCrewDawg

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post16 Jul 2004, 13:11

parrothead wrote:Wow! That answers our questions about the F-18 pictures showing 10 total AMRAAMs - look at the picture above and do the math. Looks like it could also carry two 'winders - 12 missiles! I'd love to see one of these stores sheets for the F-16!

Here you go:

F-16 Load.jpg

parrothead

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post16 Jul 2004, 16:13

IDCrewDawg, Thanks!!!

I'm surprised that the F-16 can only carry two anti-radiation missiles, but it can carry four anti-shipping missiles. I noticed that there are three types of air to air missiles. I know the AIM-9 and the advanced BVR missiles (AMRAAMs), but what are the BVR missiles shown for stations 3 and 7? Also, why no air to surface missiles (Mavericks) on stations four and six? I'm just a civilian who loves military aviation, so my thought process is "let's load it up with MK-82s or CBUs". I know you wouldn't want to load the jet with 12 Mavericks all that often, but it seems odd that the F-16 can only carry six of them while the Apache can carry 16.

One other thing, I don't want to sound unintelligent, but what are stations 3A and 7A?
www.parrotheadjeff.com

habu2

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post16 Jul 2004, 17:38

BVR would be the AIM-7 Sparrow.

I don't think an AH-64 Apache can carry the AGM-65. It can carry eight AGM-114 Hellfires.

Lawman

Unread post16 Jul 2004, 17:43

parrothead wrote:IDCrewDawg, Thanks!!! I'm surprised that the F-16 can only carry two anti-radiation missiles, but it can carry four anti-shipping missiles. I noticed that there are three types of air to air missiles. I know the AIM-9 and the advanced BVR missiles (AMRAAMs), but what are the BVR missiles shown for stations 3 and 7? Also, why no air to surface missiles (Mavericks) on stations four and six? I'm just a civilian who loves military aviation, so my thought process is "let's load it up with MK-82s or CBUs". I know you wouldn't want to load the jet with 12 Mavericks all that often, but it seems odd that the F-16 can only carry six of them while the Apache can carry 16. One other thing, I don't want to sound unintelligent, but what are stations 3A and 7A?

One, its important to note that they almost never load the triple rack weapons sets on the aircraft. The Drag increase is insane and there is no real need for one aircraft to have that much ordinance when you can split it between two.

Also the weapon type and targets expected will change the loadout alot. Maverick is a Shaped Charge Warhead, so its great at killing tanks. But outside of Armored Vehicals or small targets the weapon would not be as effective when compaired to others available. So if you wanted a plane with 12 Mavericks the only way its going to use them all is if they have 12 tanks to shoot at, and there are better weapons for that Job now.

parrothead

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post17 Jul 2004, 01:48

Thanks for the great info guys!!! Now I'm embarrassed - How on earth did I get the Maverick and the Hellfire confused?! Just for clarification (I know it's off topic) the Apache can carry 12 Hellfires.

BVR=Sparrow? Is this just legacy capability?
www.parrotheadjeff.com

habu2

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post17 Jul 2004, 04:30

parrothead wrote:Thanks for the great info guys!!! Now I'm embarrassed - How on earth did I get the Maverick and the Hellfire confused?! Just for clarification (I know it's off topic) the Apache can carry 12 Hellfires.

And what are the other four missiles??? 8)

parrothead

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post17 Jul 2004, 06:09

Again, embarrassment! :oops: Ever have one of those weeks? My math skills were off a bit after a long day at work. Now where did I put those jet keys? Maybe they're with the 50 yards of flightline. I know I had them when I did that echo check in the intake, right after I took that exhaust gas sample to the engine shop... :lol:

Thanks for keeping me honest, habu2!
www.parrotheadjeff.com

Pumpkin

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post17 Jul 2004, 09:26

parrothead wrote:One other thing, I don't want to sound unintelligent, but what are stations 3A and 7A?

parrothead, I quote Loader's reply from another thread on the similar question. Hope this helps. :)

Loader wrote:3A/7A vs. 3/7 can be misleading to people. Sta 3/7 is the air to ground station elec/mech interface where the wing weapons pylon mounts. Sta 3A/7A has an elec interface at a different location (under the flap seal) for air to air, with a second set of mech interface for the underwing adapter, which supports the LAU-129 or 16S210 (AIM-9) launcher. Now, if you are interested in the AIM-7 pylon launcher, the elec interface is at the same point as the underwing adapter (flap seal), but the mech interface (mounting points) is the same as air to ground pylon. So really if you state 3a vs. 3, you are referring to the electrical interface point, it is standard just to call the station 3 or 7.
Desmond

parrothead

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post17 Jul 2004, 15:22

Pumpkin, thanks - That's exactly what I was looking for!
www.parrotheadjeff.com

habu2

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post17 Jul 2004, 17:54

So what happened to AlphaWolf, the originator of this post?
Next

Return to Modern Military Aircraft