F-22 vs. Rafale dogfight

Anything goes, as long as it is about the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
  • Author

Corsair1963

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post19 Aug 2019, 03:00

wil59 wrote:
boilermaker wrote:Chances are the French account about the 5 draws and 1 kill are accurate given that US forces will never deploy their full potential in foreign adversarial exercises like these for security reasons. By the way, back then, the Typhoon was running circles around the Rafale already, with more powerful engines and helmet cueing which the Rafale did not have and only has partially now with the cueing after launch of the Mica.

Lol, the eurofighter has never circled the Rafale and I remember that only the gun battle was allowed! So again a false rumor. In addition the result of the dogfight Rafale vs Eurofighter is 7/1 in favor of the Rafale. Here is a video of the Rafale wanting to surround another Rafale lol. https://youtu.be/dqcw3U4m8TA

Laughable and one youtube video is hardly proof of anything......... :doh:

wil59

Unread post19 Aug 2019, 08:04

Corsair1963 wrote:
wil59 wrote:
boilermaker wrote:Chances are the French account about the 5 draws and 1 kill are accurate given that US forces will never deploy their full potential in foreign adversarial exercises like these for security reasons. By the way, back then, the Typhoon was running circles around the Rafale already, with more powerful engines and helmet cueing which the Rafale did not have and only has partially now with the cueing after launch of the Mica.

Lol, the eurofighter has never circled the Rafale and I remember that only the gun battle was allowed! So again a false rumor. In addition the result of the dogfight Rafale vs Eurofighter is 7/1 in favor of the Rafale. Here is a video of the Rafale wanting to surround another Rafale lol. https://youtu.be/dqcw3U4m8TA

Laughable and one youtube video is hardly proof of anything......... :doh:
Yes, this video was for laughs and nothing to see. Just to say that I do not agree with some allegations. Of which the Eurofighter circling the Rafale. Or the fact that the pilot of the Raptor does not give it thoroughly! I do not think, saw in the video the F22 maneuver extremely difficult to get out of the Rafale.

gta4

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post25 Aug 2019, 12:57

wil59 wrote:Yes, this video was for laughs and nothing to see. Just to say that I do not agree with some allegations. Of which the Eurofighter circling the Rafale. Or the fact that the pilot of the Raptor does not give it thoroughly! I do not think, saw in the video the F22 maneuver extremely difficult to get out of the Rafale.

Just give me an official claim (from French media) that Rafale used to defeat F-22 once in dogfight.
All I can find is "5 draws and 1 defeat" (from french air force) or "at least 2 defeats" (from air & cosmos magzine) for the Rafale.

wil59

Unread post26 Aug 2019, 07:54

gta4 wrote:
wil59 wrote:Yes, this video was for laughs and nothing to see. Just to say that I do not agree with some allegations. Of which the Eurofighter circling the Rafale. Or the fact that the pilot of the Raptor does not give it thoroughly! I do not think, saw in the video the F22 maneuver extremely difficult to get out of the Rafale.

Just give me an official claim (from French media) that Rafale used to defeat F-22 once in dogfight.
All I can find is "5 draws and 1 defeat" (from french air force) or "at least 2 defeats" (from air & cosmos magzine) for the Rafale.

I do not speak of the result. This subject has been widely debated. I'm talking about the maneuverability of planes. What I see is that the Rafale is still good. And the fact that he is not an AA fighter like the F22 or the Eurofigter is all to his credit when he sees what he is doing against these fighters.

gta4

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post26 Aug 2019, 18:31

wil59 wrote:
gta4 wrote:

I do not speak of the result. This subject has been widely debated. I'm talking about the maneuverability of planes. What I see is that the Rafale is still good. And the fact that he is not an AA fighter like the F22 or the Eurofigter is all to his credit when he sees what he is doing against these fighters.

HAhahahahahahah..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

When speaking about the maneuverability, according to French Air force (published, of course, if you want the source I can scan and paste), there are 2 things that give tremendous advantage to the Raptor compared to the Rafale:

1. The nose authority
2. The energy retension

These are the 2 critical metrics in terms of maneuverability. It means F-22 is better in almost every aspect of maneuverability.

wil59

Unread post28 Aug 2019, 08:30

gta4 wrote:

And so what is the problem? A French pilot on mirage 2000-9 shot an F-22 during this same exercise. And yet the 2000 is less maneuverable than the Rafale. Maneuverability is not everything in a dog fight.

gta4

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post28 Aug 2019, 17:03

"A French pilot on mirage 2000-9 shot an F-22 during this same exercise."

Any official claim on that? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Previous

Return to General F-22A Raptor forum