SU-57 deployed to Syria

Military aircraft - Post cold war aircraft, including for example B-2, Gripen, F-18E/F Super Hornet, Rafale, and Typhoon.
  • Author

nutshell

Unread post10 Jul 2018, 20:00

awsome wrote:So in the end the Russians realized they win if they are NOT 26 trillion in debt...

Lol, combining all the public debts of all countries in the world you might get barely half of that. Or a third.or a 4th.

Jeez.

southernphantom

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post10 Jul 2018, 22:11

nutshell wrote:
awsome wrote:So in the end the Russians realized they win if they are NOT 26 trillion in debt...

Lol, combining all the public debts of all countries in the world you might get barely half of that. Or a third.or a 4th.

Jeez.

The US is at $21.2T USD total debt, along with $113.9T USD unfunded liabilities such as pensions and Social Security. Never underestimate the power of big government to spend a country into the ground.
I'm a mining engineer. How the hell did I wind up here?

milos984

Unread post11 Jul 2018, 12:23

mixelflick wrote:Let's try and translate this, shall we?
"We brought it to Syria, and noticed the F-22 and 35 easily detected it"
"Since we don't want to buy this turkey in any numbers, we'll try and convince other countries to do so"
"The only chance in hell we have of coming up with the $ to build a sixth gen, is convincing enough suckers to buy SU-57's".
..."
There was an russian lenguage article, which - shortly after deployment to Syria - speaks about modus operandi in Syrian theatre. There was openly stated that testing of Su-57´s passive electronic systems would be done in "hole" ower the desert in Palmyra area, where is smallest chance that Su-57 would be compromised by ground and air based ELINT systems of the adversaries.
It was writen before they pull out Su-57´s from there after two days. Since then they stress that "two days" was not a problem and with help of A-50U AWACS´s everything was done to test what was planned.
I have doubts about this, as I dont understand from where USAF F-22´s or IDFAF F-35I´s came there just to show themselves for waiting russian.
But lets say they dont lie this time.

The Indians then pull out from the issue and our czecho-slovak pro-russian fan boys has nothing better to say just:
Cikani z prednej Azie stupnovali poziadavky na rusov v podobe transferu technologii, a vetsiho podielu na vyrobe FGFA. Indom stejne dochadzaju zdroje na obranu, tak skrtaju... https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php ... 0#p2107370
-> Gypsies from the front of Asia have made requests for Russians in the form of technology transfer, and a greater share of the FGFA production. Indom equally has the resources to defend, so shrink ...
or:
https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?p=2107103#p2107103 Masina ide do finale. Zacnu vyrabat pre seba a urcite prejavy zaujem cina.
Ind je nespolahlivy partner ten nakupuje od kazdeho podla toho co od koho potrebuje.
Mozno sa rusom aj ulavi ked sa zbavia v tejto faze inda.
-> The Su-57 is coming to a finale. They going to pick them up for themselfs, and I'm sure Chine would be interested. India is a reluctant partner who buys from everyone according to what he needs. The russians may be gratefull when they get rid of of india in this phase.

So at all, everything is fine, they can be happe that they get rid of Gypsies (Indians).

Then offcials announced that there would be no large scale purchases of Su-57 and our czecho-slovak pro-russian fan boys has nothing better to say just:
V súčastnosti majú stovky nových SU-30SM,SU-30M2 a SU-35,ktoré im bohato postačujú a v podstate krásne stačia na to,čo vo svete lieta.Nemajú prečo nakupovať SU-57. https://www.modelforum.cz/styles/prosil ... target.gif
-> Today, hundreds of new SU-30SMs, SU-30M2s and SU-35s are in service and that is enough and basically beautiful enough for what the world has to offer. They have no reason to buy SU-57.
They have the resources, I would not see the problem (in that) and the technologies used on these prototypes are (for) years tested on other SU-27 variants, so if they were forced, I think they can start doing (producing) them immediately. But everything is just speculation, what they want on the aircraft (is) to be still in development...

So again and again they say, the existing Su-30/34/35´s are well enough for our needs - I ask how they know - deployment to syria where even Su-35S are droping dumb OFAB-250-270 GB-bombs on enemy which has nothing as integrated ai defense. But they know better...

Also funny is their convincion, that what is need for mass production of Su-57 is already on place and tested for years on Su-30´s - so no problem there.

As is organizing mass production in short time is that easy. So if they really produce some LRIP dozen of Su-57 how they want to organize te whole proces of production and then operational evaluation and then system integration. I dont know but they forget that whole avionic system, regardles how advance, need some operational deloyment to properly "learn how to function". Such cold start with production - not to talk about mass production - would be nightmare for project managers.

mixelflick

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post11 Jul 2018, 13:35

In response to the Mig-29 and SU-27, the US decided to build the ATF. And across the pond the Eurocanards were built for the same purpose.

The only thing Russia has built in response to that has been.... updated Mig-29's and SU-27's.

So they're largely flying 1980's platforms today with some updated avionics and better engines than existed then. If we were fielding tricked out F-15's and 16's and not the F-35, I'd be concerned. But as it stands, the F-35 is a generational leap for which they don't have an answer.

And probably still won't 5-7 years from now. For better or worse, PAK FA is their only hope. But it is increasingly clear that it's a long shot. Real long...

rheonomic

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post13 Jul 2018, 02:07

sferrin wrote:

The Su-57 was going to put them $26 trillion in debt? I must have been hella expensive.

Rubles maybe?
"You could do that, but it would be wrong."

juretrn

Unread post13 Jul 2018, 06:33

LOL at fanboys thinking every system of the Su-57 exists on Super Flankers.
Except for things such as
- central avionics computer (the one that supposedly uses Elbrus processors)
- Radar
- Himalayas ESM
- DIRCM
- IRST
- New weapons integration

So basically everything :/
Russia stronk

aaam

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post14 Jul 2018, 03:38

If (notice I say If) true, interesting development in light of this discussion: