Centerline tank will not transfer on ground or air

Operating an F-16 on the ground or in the air - from the engine start sequence, over replacing a wing, to aerial refueling procedures
  • Author

JoeSambor

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post27 Jan 2013, 14:16

Bealio, maybe you're not getting any responses because nobody thinks it's worth their time. You seem to have a habit of asking, well, questions that somebody with your purported background should know the answers to. Some gems from your previous posts:

"How long can an F-16 stay inverted? I would like to know "according to the book" and also, if you have much knowledge, how long until an actual problem occurs?" Of course, you were answered in the thread, but why didn't you just look in the book?

"What does the dog fight switch do? I heard it will depressurize the fuel tanks when switched on." That sounds like something we used to tell new guys. Can't believe you ran with it on F-16.net.

"Just curious. Who removes the #3 rotarary actuator mount on the right wing leading edge." Shows how very little you understand how flight line maintenance works. Nice spelling of rotary, by the way.

"Happy Gilmore, I've been waiting for a response for 7 years. I'm amazing now, so no need to respond you piece of sh*t! I mean that in the most respective way." Now the insults start.

"Come on Muscles10 a.k.a. Mrrrrrr, don't try to call people out on this site unless you are absolutely positive or you end up looking like a ...well, you know. Your mom is a rock." More insults.

"Your mom barely fits in the back of a Ford Ranger! Ooooh SLAM!!!! Just drag that crap on the ground, it only takes one person." followed by "yeah, i've had A LOT of practice on you mom, oh yeah!" Still more insults.

"I work at Hardee's. There is A LOT of work done for customers at Hardee's. Things can ocasionally get overlooked. With amount of work done and the number of people involed, the human factor can rear it's ugly head once in awhile." I think most of us here are not surprised you have a fast food employment connection.

"Are you nonners done with your christmas break yet or did I stump you guys?" And more insults.

Have you considered that no one wants to respond to you because you always seem to respond to disagreements with sarcasm and insults?

There's a lot of people out there who think they're "F-16 overlords" and fortunately everyone associated with them knows they're not.

Best Regards,
Joe Sambor
LM Aero Field Service Engineer
Woensdrecht Logistics Center, The Netherlands

Lieven

F-16.net Webmaster

F-16.net Webmaster

Unread post27 Jan 2013, 19:30

Thanks for that response Joe! Closing this thread now.

PS: Temporarily banned user Bealio

Lieven

F-16.net Webmaster

F-16.net Webmaster

Unread post30 Jan 2013, 17:21

Unlocking this thread after talking to Bealio. He has an update to share.

bealio

Unread post01 Feb 2013, 13:03

I talked to a guy from Shaw who has 19 years of experience on the F-16 and explained the situation to him. This is how he explained it to me.

An F-16 with a centerline only with everything working properly, the centerline tank will pressurize to 19-24psi. This fuel pressure with enter the refuel manifold, but will not push the shuttle valves into refuel mode because the fuel pressure is blocked by the energized Refuel/Transfer override control valve. The shuttle valves will stay in transfer mode so the centerline tank will transfer to your wings.

With a refuel/transfer override control valve not working/not energizing closed, the fuel pressure from the centerline tank will push the shuttle valves into refuel mode. The centerline tank pressure will make an attempt to transfer through the refuel shutoff valves in the reservoirs, but will be going against 4.7-6.4psi of fuel pressure plus the minimum of 10psi getting pushed into each reservoir from the transfer pumps, plus the minimum 23psi getting pushed back into the reservoir from the wing turbine pump return line. There's relief from the spill over tubes, but that fuel will immediately get push right back into the reservoir. This will cause the fuel pressure in the refuel manifold to just remain stagnant.

This helps me sleep at night. This theory isn't in any t.o. and the t.o. never suggests to replace the refuel/transfer override control valve. Thoughts?

exfltsafety

Unread post02 Feb 2013, 01:39

If you think the theory makes sense, I suggest you submit an AFTO 22 to the FI to get the refuel/transfer override control valve added to the appropriate troubleshooting information. I don't think there are any F-16 fuel system design or product support engineers who are going to respond to you via this forum.
Previous

Return to F-16 Procedures