AF Still Reviewing Oxygen Levels for F-22 Cockpit

Anything goes, as long as it is about the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
  • Author

1st503rdsgt

Banned

Unread post17 Oct 2012, 00:01

http://defensetech.org/2012/10/16/af-st ... more-18668

On another board, I commented that the F-22 issues may well be related to multiple multiple factors, not just a single malfunction. To illustrate, I compared the situation to that of the Mk-14 torpedo in WWII, which turned out to have not one, but four major problems, worst fault being the unwillingness of senior command and the Bureau of Ordnance to admit that anything could be wrong with their expensive wonder-weapon. I'm glad to see they didn't stop with the vest and kept digging.
The sky is blue because God loves the Infantry.

PhillyGuy

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post17 Oct 2012, 06:28

The head of ACC recently revealed that the same phenomenon was present in centrifuge simulation of Raptor flight. So what does that tell you? One of the multiple multiple factors is the greatest factor of them all, the human factor. You can't fix that. Certain things are inherently uncontrollable, and human biology is one of those. Risk is a part of the job, which is why I had issue with the whole refuse to fly the Raptor I'm going to complain and dictate orders thing.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

1st503rdsgt

Banned

Unread post17 Oct 2012, 06:44

There might be something to that. Fighter pilots tend to be a macho bunch, and pilots in general are sensitive their own bodily limitations (a doctor can ground you for life). There may simply be an unwillingness on the part of some to admit that the F-22's performance envelope might just be too much for them to handle. "I didn't get faint because of my own limitations; something must be wrong with the plane."
The sky is blue because God loves the Infantry.

Return to General F-22A Raptor forum