China's F-60, Nearly Identical to F-22

Anything goes, as long as it is about the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
  • Author

superfulcrum

Unread post14 Oct 2012, 00:19

probably an attempt at misinformation (China wants to show the world that it has superior military technology, just a wannabe superpower)

count_to_10

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post14 Oct 2012, 23:21

megasun wrote:
PhillyGuy wrote:
Scorpion1alpha wrote:I'm also noting how crudely they've loaded and transported this mockup(?).

That's what I'm thinking, it's probably an RCS or structural test vehicle with no more representative working components than a shadow of a man represents him.

But, while our Raptor is flying in the sky blasting things and evolving, theirs is being (amateurly) lugged around by a flat bed truck. I'm not so worried.

I like to watch you guys commenting on this new aircraft, or others, although little is known. But I keep feeling some "arrogance" here and there, sorry.

There happen to be a news recently that X-47B is shipped from west coast to east coast Navy testing site, on a large truck, with a few pictures.

And, if you look at those pictures, the X-47B was shipped flat, not tilted at an angle.

strykerxo

Unread post15 Oct 2012, 20:32

It has been said the airframe alone is not the prime driver in building a modern fighter. As we can see both the Russian and Chinese designs look respectable, but all commentary tends to side on, just how good they truelly are. A true 5th generation AC (ie F-22) is the benchmark, any contemporary would have to meet or excel. The 4th generation AC are now being refered to as 4+ and 4++, through various upgrades and mods. These new AC should be refered to as 5- until it proven otherwise.

Engines, software, EW, materials, etc., these are the prime movers.

It is what is under the skin that counts
You can't shot what you can't see - Unknown

PhillyGuy

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post16 Oct 2012, 23:47

megasun wrote:I like to watch you guys commenting on this new aircraft, or others, although little is known. But I keep feeling some "arrogance" here and there, sorry.

There happen to be a news recently that X-47B is shipped from west coast to east coast Navy testing site, on a large truck, with a few pictures.

Hysteria is nothing new. Beware, China has aircraft! They rarely venture from the mainland. Beware, China has a massive sub fleet! They average 6 patrols a year (total). Call me when they're competent.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
Previous

Return to General F-22A Raptor forum