325th FW MAJCOM change

Anything goes, as long as it is about the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
  • Author

TC

F-16.net Moderator

F-16.net Moderator

Unread post01 Oct 2012, 07:06

As of today, AETC will be a former operator of the Raptor. After a 19 year stint in "Ain't Even Thinking Combat", Tyndall AFB returns to Air Combat Command. Welcome back to the REAL Air Force, Tyndall! Now, get rid of those hideous Torch decals as quickly as you can, and replace them with the Winged Sword! :P
"He counted on America to be passive...He counted wrong." -- President Ronald Reagan

Scorpion1alpha

F-16.net Moderator

F-16.net Moderator

Unread post01 Oct 2012, 09:46

TC! Man, where have you been? I thought you fell off the side of the earth. LOL!

It's also good that Tyndall is going back to TAC...I mean, ACC.
I'm watching...

TC

F-16.net Moderator

F-16.net Moderator

Unread post01 Oct 2012, 22:48

How's it going Scorpion? I've been around. Mostly just on a "browsing" basis. I'd take a bite on a forum here or there, but job and life have kept me on my toes lately. I'll try to stop in more often than I have been, though. It's just nice to see that a couple of folks have finally topped me on the posts lists. I didn't want everyone to think that I really WASN'T all that busy, y'know? :wink:

Yeah, it's great to see Tyndall return to ACC. Seeing their birds with AETC patches never looked right to me. Save those decals for T-1s, -6s, and -38s, I say! But now, they're back. One difference from their previous stint in TAC and then very briefly, ACC, is that they'll be in 9th AF this time around. Now, if they could just get Luke back into ACC as well...

...and another Merrill McPeak-ism bites the dust! :thumb:
"He counted on America to be passive...He counted wrong." -- President Ronald Reagan

Scorpion1alpha

F-16.net Moderator

F-16.net Moderator

Unread post02 Oct 2012, 00:38

Please drop on by more often. Your voice is always welcomed TC.

Also, do you know if Tyndall changed over all their F-22s yet or are some still in AETC markings?
I'm watching...

TC

F-16.net Moderator

F-16.net Moderator

Unread post02 Oct 2012, 04:12

I'm not sure about the re-badging process, and how long that will take. I'm now on the other side of the country from TY, but I still get tidbits of info here and there from friends and family. Next time I'm there, I'll take a look, as I doubt it'll take long to apply new decals. Plus, the new birds that they'll gain will already have ACC markings on them, as they are slated to gain the 9th FS "Black Sheep" from Holloman in January.

southernphantom

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post04 Oct 2012, 00:30

I now feel a helluva lot safer down here. Any idea where the Raptor OCU is going to wind up, or what?? I know the FLANG has IP-qualified Raptor pilots, so I suppose Tyndall wouldn't be illogical.

Return to General F-22A Raptor forum