VVS coming to RF 2013!

Military aircraft - Post cold war aircraft, including for example B-2, Gripen, F-18E/F Super Hornet, Rafale, and Typhoon.
  • Author

haavarla

Banned

Unread post08 Jul 2012, 15:23

VVS coming to RF 2013!

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-d ... l#comments

Don't know how seriously this is, but i hope it will happend.

cola

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post08 Jul 2012, 15:48

Will Aggressors teach Russians Red Air tactics? :D
Cheers, Cola

southernphantom

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post08 Jul 2012, 18:37

I would love to see this...the videos that would probably pop up would be simply awesome. I think it may silence the (Keystone) Kopps of the world if USAF/USN can put on a good show, and help both sides develop tactics. If these rumors are true, I can't wait!! 8) 8)

shingen

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post08 Jul 2012, 18:53

Why would it silence Kopp?

He ignores the small number of Su-30+ actually deployed compared to how many are the Su-27.

He takes Russian brochure figures as the truth.

He selects whatever bits support his position and ignores the rest. For example, his little program tells him that the T-50 RCS is low but the same program is ignored when applied to F-35 because it says F-35's is lower.

He won't go back and correct it because he's a charlatan.

If the Russians do poorly at RF it will be because it's part of their plan to lull everyone to sleep before they invade Australia and bring the koalas back to Siberia and use them to build T-50's then conquer the universe.

StolichnayaStrafer

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post08 Jul 2012, 19:55

That would be WAY TOO COOL to have them at Nellis! Having them on the blue side would be great from a coalition point of view, as reds they would be obviously welcomed by the 64th and 65th!

They've had Flankers at Nellis before right? Weren't they Indian owned ones, along with the French with their Rafales during a Red Flag a couple of years ago? If I remember correctly, it was somewhat drama ridden and scandalous in retrospect.

If the Russians do come over for it, I hope it is a very productive visit and learning experience for everyone involved. In this day and age, you never know when you might wind up flying alongside of them. Hey, there have been stranger coalition partners in the past!
Why is the vodka gone?
Why is the vodka always gone... oh- that's why!
Hide the vodka!!!

Loader2088

Unread post09 Jul 2012, 16:26

This never seemed likely to me - we're not exactly buds. From the Air Force Association daily news:

No Krasni Flag: Russia won't be participating in an Air Force Red Flag exercise this year, according to an exercise spokesman at Eielson AFB, Alaska. What? Russia at Red Flag? Several media outlets—including the Voice of Russia radio network's English-language website—ran stories last week suggesting Russia would indeed be sending fighters to a Red Flag exercise in October, either at Nellis AFB, Nev., or in Alaska. This would be an extraordinary first if true, and a watershed development in US-Russian relations. But, alas, no red-starred Flankers and Fulcrums will be populating the ramps at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Eielson, or anywhere else. Air Force officials told the Daily Report on July 6 that Russia had requested sending observers—not aircraft—to a Red Flag exercise this fall, but it won't be happening. While it would have been interesting to see those Sukhoi and MiG fighters at Red Flag—playing Red Air, perhaps?—modern Russian-designed fighters have already played in a Red Flag. In 2008, India brought its Su-30s MKI fighters to Nellis.

—John A. Tirpak

LinkF16SimDude

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post09 Jul 2012, 19:51

shingen wrote:If the Russians do poorly at RF it will be because it's part of their plan to lull everyone to sleep before they invade Australia and bring the koalas back to Siberia and use them to build T-50's then conquer the universe.
:lmao: :lmao: I HATE it when I shoot my perfectly blended coffee outta my nose like that!

southernphantom

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post09 Jul 2012, 20:52

LinkF16SimDude wrote:
shingen wrote:If the Russians do poorly at RF it will be because it's part of their plan to lull everyone to sleep before they invade Australia and bring the koalas back to Siberia and use them to build T-50's then conquer the universe.
:lmao: :lmao: I HATE it when I shoot my perfectly blended coffee outta my nose like that!

I am glad I was not sipping coffee at the moment I read that :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

haavarla

Banned

Unread post10 Jul 2012, 00:10

Loader2088 wrote:This never seemed likely to me - we're not exactly buds. From the Air Force Association daily news:

No Krasni Flag: Russia won't be participating in an Air Force Red Flag exercise this year, according to an exercise spokesman at Eielson AFB, Alaska. What? Russia at Red Flag? Several media outlets—including the Voice of Russia radio network's English-language website—ran stories last week suggesting Russia would indeed be sending fighters to a Red Flag exercise in October, either at Nellis AFB, Nev., or in Alaska. This would be an extraordinary first if true, and a watershed development in US-Russian relations. But, alas, no red-starred Flankers and Fulcrums will be populating the ramps at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Eielson, or anywhere else. Air Force officials told the Daily Report on July 6 that Russia had requested sending observers—not aircraft—to a Red Flag exercise this fall, but it won't be happening. While it would have been interesting to see those Sukhoi and MiG fighters at Red Flag—playing Red Air, perhaps?—modern Russian-designed fighters have already played in a Red Flag. In 2008, India brought its Su-30s MKI fighters to Nellis.

—John A. Tirpak

Well, the article suggest RF in 2013.
Anyway, it could mean what you just said, VVS will send some observers first.

Loader2088

Unread post10 Jul 2012, 20:16

From today's AFA daily news e-mail:

More Details on "Nyet Flag": Russian news reports—and other news outlets that picked up the story last week—claiming that Russia would send fighters to an upcoming Red Flag exercise are "a complete fabrication," said Air Force spokeswoman Jennifer Cassidy. Russia was indeed supposed to send "working-level observers" to last month's Red Flag-Alaska 12-2, but their participation was canceled "due to reciprocity issues," she told the Daily Report on July 9 without elaboration. Observers at this "unit leadership" or "worker bee" level normally watch the exercise in order to prepare for possible full participation a year in advance, she explained. However, Red Flag participation by actual Russian air force fighters and strike aircraft "was never considered," she said. And, "no further . . . observation/participation" by the Russian air force in Red Flag "is planned at this time," she noted. Nevertheless, a Russian air force one-star general did watch the June exercise as part of an executive observer program. The Air Force could not immediately say whether this was the first time a Russian air force general observed a Red Flag at any level.

—John A. Tirpak

StolichnayaStrafer

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post12 Jul 2012, 00:46

Bummer. :(
Why is the vodka gone?
Why is the vodka always gone... oh- that's why!
Hide the vodka!!!

Return to Modern Military Aircraft