Egress Job

Forum for job postings and employment advice.
  • Author

pcmsntv

Unread post14 Sep 2009, 13:09

I have been working at Turkish Air Force for 25 years as an Egress crew.I 'm working not only as a staff but also an instructor and I have an USA greencard.If the appropriate conditions are provided for me,I want to work in USA or the other countries.What can I do,Where can I apply to?If you know something please tell me.Thanks

Ejectmaster

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post21 Sep 2009, 13:20

pcmsntv,
Ciao my friend....not positive if I met you in 2008 when your guys arrived to our unit here at the 5th Stormo/Cervia Italy on a TDY...I have about 28 years Egress (USA Military) also, now part time military and full time Technical Advisor/Lockheed Martin as a civilian contractor. I do know where you are coming from. This green card allows you to work in the USA correct? (I believe yes). Is a bit of a complicated matter to complete but email me directly if you desire and I can walk you through the process. I also have some personal leads (Non internet job leads) that may benefit you....do you know what a resume is, if yes, do you have one? If no, and all the above (Your green card status especially) are true I can also help you complete one in accordance with the guidelines required.

Back to USA Egress work, much on internet now are military related and you need fulfill requirements for the U.S. Air Force as an enlistee in the US Armed Forces. Not positive about your current status as this a little more complicated for much more regulations. Do you have a family or are you single? Most all positions are listed on the internet; www.usajobs.gov Top left click "Search Jobs" The next right side top, "Advanced Search" ( http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/advanced.aspx ) Under heading; "Key Search" Type in Aircraft Ordinance or only Egress (We classified under same series "Aircraft Ordinance."), no touch anything further....down near bottom you see "Applicant Eligibility" click no (You are not a current or former Federal civilian employee) then click "Search for Jobs." Majority you see are US military positions with Guard/Reserve....Only Tucson, Arizona I believe are straight civilian under Ordinance (Weapons), for which you would also qualify if the hiring official desires to provide you some training....

Hope this all helps you and with little confusion. Again tell me if you desire for me to assist you more directly.

:salute:
Egress 30+ years
ANG/AD/ART/IMA/Contract./USG
EB-57/B-52/T-33/T-38/T-6
F-4/F-16
Texas based

pcmsntv

Unread post22 Sep 2009, 16:56

thanks guy for your attention.I'm married with two sons.You know I m working in Turkish Air Force for 25 years.Not only f-16 but also f-104,f-5,f-4 and B-4 and I educated whole F-16 F-4 and B-4 in TEXAS Sheppard Air Force Base.In addition I worked as an instructor and quality department.I searched on internet whether USA greencard allows me to work in the army or not and I learned they are not allow the person over 35 old years.Do you know if some associations related to army I can work

Kaasjager.

Unread post22 Sep 2009, 19:33

You should try to get into contact with Daedalus. I know there are a whole lot of F-16 airforces who use personnel who work for Daedalus.
As a finishing touch God created the Dutch!

Ejectmaster

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post23 Sep 2009, 00:48

pcmsntv wrote:In addition I worked as an instructor and quality department.I searched on internet whether USA greencard allows me to work in the army or not and I learned they are not allow the person over 35 old years.Do you know if some associations related to army I can work

Is ok, hope we can assist....you have some good background experience, same as I (Multi systems). This QA & Instructor position, where was? You correct regarding age but is for active duty military. Did you see if your green card allowed you to work? I believe yes, if difficulty researching tell me.....

As Kaasjager communicated about Daedalus, this is another good resource for you.
Egress 30+ years
EB-57/B-52/T-33/T-38/T-6
F-4/F-16
Texas based

safeside

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post23 Sep 2009, 16:20

i hope you got it thank you

jammer2

Unread post27 Sep 2009, 06:13

USAJobs is advertising 3 civil service egress vacancies at Laughlin AFB in Del Rio, Texas where the Air Force flies T-6 and T-38 trainer aircraft. The positions are advertised as GS-10 but I'm sure that's an error as civil service egress positions are WG pay scale. The advertisement also states relocation expenses may be paid.

Ejectmaster

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post29 Sep 2009, 07:58

jammer2 wrote:USAJobs is advertising 3 civil service egress vacancies at Laughlin AFB in Del Rio, Texas where the Air Force flies T-6 and T-38 trainer aircraft. The positions are advertised as GS-10 but I'm sure that's an error as civil service egress positions are WG pay scale.

Jammer, I have recently spoken to the hiring official (Not about the Wage Grade), however, the posting is correct and is straight Gov't position not affiliated with the military. There is also vacancies near Panama City, FL. assisting the Navy and completing mod upgrades.
Egress 30+ years
EB-57/B-52/T-33/T-38/T-6
F-4/F-16
Texas based

afdude2018

Unread post30 Sep 2009, 02:12

Where exactly are these jobs listed? I'm in Egress and am getting out of the AF real soon.

Ejectmaster

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post30 Sep 2009, 08:30

They are not listed....you need to network. Where you at now? How many years do you have? How much longer before you get out? Myself, I am at Aviano temporarily. Also watch the aircraft news, especially with Sheppard (The source of the flying training programs), Suppose to be gaining 500 more training aircraft so....You can email me off line if you desire. As stated in the past (If you look up prior posts), you need to get busy now to get your "Package" in the system and get your rating. This particularly holds true for the Reserve ART program, but prior service retiree's (I am thinking but not positive), do not qualify as one still needs to have some service time. BUT there is straight civilian and if directly retarded from AD (haha), this is the direction you need to be going. Civilian contractor is option #3 but again need to network as jobs as you know will not come to you.
With economic times the way it is, years on the job has also risen, have seen in years past anyone with 6 years + would be able to slip into a position, now I see this 12+ easily. The more years experience one has under their belts the better. Hope this helps a bit.

:beer:
Egress 30+ years
EB-57/B-52/T-33/T-38/T-6
F-4/F-16
Texas based

afdude2018

Unread post02 Oct 2009, 04:35

I'm at Ellsworth right now. I've applied to a few different Egress jobs, but nothing coming through for me yet. I would love to work Depot for the b-1's at Tinker though.

egresstroop

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post02 Oct 2009, 20:09

Homestead aparently has an opening for a full time reserve spot. Its on USAjobs.com apparently.

Return to Job Openings