F-35 spotting locations?

Discuss photos, special paintschemes and serial numbers of the F-35

by thedewline » 25 Jan 2010, 02:20

I should have a free afternoon in Fort Worth on Friday. Anybody know the best place for spotting the F-35 flight line?

by nam11b » 25 Jan 2010, 03:44

You can pull off of Lockheed Blvd near the intersection of white settlement and get a good view of the runway. I am not sure if they are flying on Friday though.

by Ztex » 25 Jan 2010, 05:28

Scramble.nl has a nice map of the spotting locations around NFW. Looking at the map... location 9 provides a fair view of the flight line but I would not stop in the area. You are in view of the main gate and they do not care for folks hanging out with a camera near there.

Spot 1 is the best view of the field but is no longer open to parking. You can park on the west side of the road and walk across the bridge and hang out near the fence (bring a ladder to photograph over the fence). You can see the LM flight line from the bridge.
Also not listed in this map is a spot near the number 341 marked on the map is a place to drive though the fence and see the field. Spot 3 provides a nice view of the taxiway (the F-35 does not use it) ...just make sure you ask the folks at Walmart if you park near their garage area.
The others are decent locations but are further from the action.

http://www.scramble.nl/airports/publish/nfw.htm
Last edited by Ztex on 25 Jan 2010, 19:24, edited 2 times in total.

by thedewline » 25 Jan 2010, 12:45

Fantastic information. Thanks.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by LMAggie » 28 Jan 2010, 05:40

thedewline wrote:Fantastic information. Thanks.

FYI: Forecast calls for freezing precip Friday morning. The precip may be gone by afternoon, but it will probably be too cold for F-35 ops. I'd bet that all NAS JRB ops will be CNXed for the day. Sorry. Saturday may be ok.
“Its not the critic who counts..The credit belongs to the man who does actually strive to do the deeds..”