Of DAS, EOTS etc..

Cockpit, radar, helmet-mounted display, and other avionics
  • Author

sprstdlyscottsmn

Elite 4K

Elite 4K

Unread post29 Sep 2019, 01:56

Good lord. even if we assume the pilot was only 15,000ft, which I think is way too low, to have the spherical system detect a thermally insulated biologic that is underwater is crazy!
"Spurts"

-Pilot
-Aerospace Engineer
-Army Medic
-FMS Systems Engineer

viper12

Unread post29 Sep 2019, 02:09

Now F-35 pilots must learn Submarinese :

"Conn, sonar: Master 2 is classified as Biologic." :twisted:
Everytime you don't tell the facts, you make Putin stronger.

Everytime you're hit by Dunning-Kruger, you make Putin stronger.

element1loop

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post29 Sep 2019, 07:29

Amazing stuff Doge, what a shocker for the pilot, thanks for posting.
Accel + Alt + VLO + DAS + MDF + Radial Distance = LIFE . . . Always choose Stealth

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

• Warnings: -2

Unread post29 Sep 2019, 09:42

sprstdlyscottsmn wrote:Good lord. even if we assume the pilot was only 15,000ft, which I think is way too low, to have the spherical system detect a thermally insulated biologic that is underwater is crazy!

Probably the whale was just near the surface - during a transit perhaps - this is a quote:
"...I’m getting this really fuzzy image of a boat down below me out in the Pacific’. And he goes: ‘Oh, wait. The boat jumped out of the water. It was a whale!’ He was looking at underneath the water with the system.”..."
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

ricnunes

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post29 Sep 2019, 12:00

doge wrote:“The first pilot that did it was complaining up a storm saying, ‘I’m not sure the system’s working all that well. I’m getting this really fuzzy image of a boat down below me out in the Pacific’. And he goes: ‘Oh, wait. The boat jumped out of the water. It was a whale!’ He was looking at underneath the water with the system.”

WOW, simply WOW :shock:

Now it's time to equip the F-35 with Torpedoes as well and add it another role - ASW :mrgreen:

I'm joking of course (or maybe not :wink: ) but and continuing with joking:
- I'm sure that Giovanni de Briganti will come up with an article saying that this once again proves the failure of the F-35 since it shouldn't be detecting underwater whales :mrgreen: :roll:
A 4th/4.5th gen fighter aircraft stands about as much chance against a F-35 as a guns-only Sabre has against a Viper.
Previous

Return to F-35 Avionics